: CTS-V moves gently forward when put in gear!!

av8erdunn
06-21-12, 08:56 PM
I bought a 2005 CTS-V with only 30K miles on it a couple months ago and I am loving it. I installed a set of Kooks headers and cats coupled to a corsa exhaust with a diablo sport tune and all I can say is "wow" what a difference from stock. I have recently started having an issue upon putting the car in gear from a stand still. It doesnt matter which gear I go in, there is resistance (hasnt been there before) and the car will roll forward a couple inches and fall into gear. I have a firm clutch with no slippage and I have no idea what would be causing this. It doesnt roll because its on a hill or anything, it will do it on flat ground. Once it has rolled and popped in gear as long as I do not let off the clutch, I can take it out of gear and put it back in gear with no movement but once I let off the clutch it will do it all over again.
Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

rand49er
06-21-12, 09:11 PM
Thoroughly bleed the hydraulic clutch system, then report back here if you still have issues.

... Kooks headers and cats coupled to a corsa exhaust ...:thumbsup:

thebigjimsho
06-21-12, 09:26 PM
Keeping the clutch fluid fresh and bled regularly is necessary on the V...

av8erdunn
06-21-12, 09:32 PM
Sounds like I know what I will be doing this weekend.

Thanks for the fast replies.

PISNUOFF
06-22-12, 11:40 AM
Bleed it properly using the bleeder that barely sticks out of the bell housing. Not the siphon and fill method.

50 4Ever
06-22-12, 02:40 PM
You might have what I had on my '05, The flywheek was 0.020" too deep and was not letting the clutck fully disengage. I had problems getting it into gear also and when I took it to the dealer then notices that it shifted into all gears with no resistance - when the engine was off. But with the engine running the gears in the tranny were moving causing the problem. I'll see if I can find my old thread....

Found it HERE... (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/82325-shifting-into-reverse-problem-fixed.html)

D3l7a3ch0
07-01-12, 08:07 AM
it moves when your synchros engage. huge increases in wear.

av8erdunn
07-03-12, 07:48 PM
Ok, I tried bleeding the system but what happen is odd. I topped off the reservoir and had a friend,pump and hold the pedal while I cracked the bleed valve with a hose attached. Well when I crack the valve I can hear stuff creaking when the pressure is relieved , I then close the valve and when he takes his foot off the clutch the pedal stays down and he has to manually pull the clutch back up which is fine. My problem is I dont know were my fluid went. It didnt come out the hose or valve but it went down in the reservoir.

Any ideas?

darkman
07-03-12, 08:37 PM
I think you have air in the system. Usually this is caused during the bleeding process if you don't refill the reservoir quickly enough - it is small.

This thread has some variations on the bleeding procedure:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/253086-serious-trouble-bleeding-clutch.html

av8erdunn
07-03-12, 09:31 PM
I have filled the reservoir up 2 times while doing this and have yet to get any fluid out of the bleed valve. I think i think I would have gotten something out by now.

darkman
07-03-12, 09:57 PM
Is there any fluid coming from the bottom of the bellhousing under the car? How much did you loosen the bleeder bolt?

av8erdunn
07-03-12, 10:04 PM
No fluid coming from the bell housing and I cracked it about 1/4-1/2 turn; only enough to hear the clutches relaxing. Now I may go out tomorrow and see fluid that has came out of the bell housing but as of now there is none.

Thanks for the help,
Jeremy

darkman
07-03-12, 10:13 PM
My guess is the bleeder is not open enough and the fluid is going down the side into the bellhousing. The bleeder is not very stout so you do have to be careful not to strip or break it.