: Air compressor does not come on...what to look for?

SouthernCaddy
06-21-12, 05:00 PM
My wifes ESV had the air compressor replaced at 70K and now at 114K it is not working again. I pulled the air line off the rear shock and drove the truck to the store and back and it still does not come on. I hit it with a hammer while the key was on to see if the motor is stuck and still nothing.

I went and looked for a fuse but cant really tell which one it is. I found one under the hood that said comp and is a 40 amp but it is good. Is there one anywhere else?

And I hope behind the drivers rear tire is the compressor or atleast I think it is as that is what I was banging on.

Any ideas what to look for? anyone have the part number for it? and why would it fail and not turn on the check engine light? Nothing has came on to say it is not working. I thought it would when I disconnected the air line and drove it....but nothing.

I am loss no please any ideas?

anhandrew
06-25-12, 10:49 AM
The fuses are under the hood on the driver side. They are the ones listed as ALC. Pull all and check. I found mine was blown.

SouthernCaddy
06-25-12, 06:56 PM
Ok I checked the fuses and they are fine. I finally purchaced a part number 20930288 which is a ALC compressor unit and installed it. As soon as I turn on the key it pumped up. I listen for leaks and could not find any tonight but I am tired and hot so it will have to wait until this weekend. At least the compressor works now. I just dont understand why this one only lasted about 35K miles and the facotry one lasted 70K....I really hope this one last. I know if there is a leak it will make it fail sooner....but I am going to check for that.