Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Door electronics problem

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Cadispeedster 
#1 ·
I am having a problem with my car. It has happened a few times now and seems to be pretty random. The window and door lock switch work fine and work the other doors, but the drivers door lock and window don't work. Also, when you open the door to get out, the door won't unlock automatically and the radio stays on. Then it seems like the next time you start it, its back to normal and everything works. Is this a common problem? Any ideas before I tear the door apart?

#2 ·
I would check the wires where they go into the door near the hinge. Maybe something is getting pinched.

#7 ·
Thread back alive...

Having similar issue. Personalization system seems to be stuck off and can't turn it back on. So the personalization options do not work nor does any of the driver side control buttons, such as the driver side lock an unlock / windows up and down, and driver 1&2 buttons... Took to cadillac for diagnosis and they said the radio navigation unit needs to be replaced. It all communicates together. $1600+ for new unit plus install.

Now looking for options to replace the radio with an aftermarket while getting the driver side window buttons to work again. Really unhappy about this. I know there's a way to get a normal cts radio but not sure if it'll fix the issue with the driver side buttons not working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.