: Most active forum members

Faded Crest
06-21-12, 12:47 AM
I came across this by accident when I was searching for an old thread through a google search. Kind of interesting... I'm in the top 10... hooray (I guess). :D

http://boardreader.com/site/CadillacOwners_20941.html

CadillacLuke24
06-21-12, 01:18 AM
NICE! That's pretty cool. That's about what I'd expect. The dudes in there are some pretty neat people. Now only if they added a Top Liker feature :histeric:

Faded Crest
06-21-12, 01:31 AM
^^^ There would be absolutely no contest. :rolleyes:

talismandave
06-21-12, 08:21 AM
Only two thoughts come to mind...other people can see the stupid things we say to each other, and I need to get a life.

Aztec ETC ECS
06-21-12, 08:59 AM
NICE! That's pretty cool. That's about what I'd expect. The dudes in there are some pretty neat people. Now only if they added a Top Liker feature :histeric:

CadillacLIKE24!

Submariner409
06-21-12, 09:16 AM
Big Brother is watching you. Welcome to the electronic world of George Orwell.

Wait 'till someone finds the site with all our true names, addresses, phone numbers, family information, car information, work information, habits, buying patterns, clothing sizes, most often called/linked phone numbers/sites, aerial photography of our neighborhood and individual home, etc., etc., etc.

It's ALL out there, folks.

You want something very scary ?? Google your next door neighbor's full name and address. You now have entered the cyberworld spying arena. Has the neighbor done the same for you ?

Faded Crest
06-21-12, 09:29 AM
^^^ Much of that is called "Facebook".

MotownPimp
06-21-12, 02:38 PM
Facebook is the social network site from hell from what I've seen. I can't believe it is so invasive (sp?).

A couple weeks back I was looking up a singer for additional songs. Found a site & listened to a couple songs. I guess it was tied to FB because my very few FB "friends" were notified I listened to a song. One of the friends was an old & dear girl friend who thought the lyrics (not complimentary) were directed towards her. Hurt feelings for nothing.

But point is FB gives new meaning to "unintended consequences".

Case in point:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47906485

RippyPartsDept
06-21-12, 03:12 PM
you've gotta be careful about being always signed into facebook

that kind of thing will happen even though you've not been to facebook that day

thebigjimsho
06-21-12, 03:52 PM
Oh that Ranger...

BIGREECE
06-21-12, 05:06 PM
I thought Talismandave would have run away with the top ten:). Dave, keep posting you will have the Championship Belt soon:thumbsup:

brandondeleo
06-21-12, 07:15 PM
I'm surprised to see me up there!

As for Facebook, I once had someone track me down through Facebook... Turned out to be the insurance representative of the semi that hit me back in January. Needless to say, I completely revamped my privacy settings. He apparently left a handwritten note at my place of work, called my cell phone, my house phone, and there was a note ON MY FRONT DOOR. ****ing creep. I didn't have 90% of that information online, either.

hueterm
06-21-12, 07:17 PM
I'm surprised to see me up there!.

Really? :-/

;-p

brandondeleo
06-21-12, 07:19 PM
Really? :-/

;-p
I wonder if they have one for most sarcastic snarks :lol:

...then again, there are lots of people here that could qualify for that...

hueterm
06-21-12, 08:19 PM
Please... Dulude... Hello...

Jesda
06-21-12, 09:00 PM
you've gotta be careful about being always signed into facebook

that kind of thing will happen even though you've not been to facebook that day

Indeed. Facebook is quite a marketing tool. It compels people to be associated with anything and everything. Unfortunately, it makes those associations public.

talismandave
06-21-12, 09:18 PM
I thought Talismandave would have run away with the top ten:). Dave, keep posting you will have the Championship Belt soon:thumbsup:
....as I said earlier...I need to get a life...
or take up a hobby...:alchi:
I'm more concerned with increasing my "likes given" to give Luke a run for the money!

Ranger
06-21-12, 09:50 PM
I'm more concerned with increasing my "likes given" to give Luke a run for the money!
Oh God, please no more "likes". Stop the madness!

CadillacLuke24
06-21-12, 11:40 PM
MUUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! NEVER! In all seriousness though, I have tried to tone it down. I just think of the like button as a good alternative to some comment I could make, which would be too short, too simple, and take up too much space :lol:

talismandave
06-22-12, 12:53 AM
That's the same way I always felt too. Instead of repeating what the other person said(...like I'm doing now...) and really not adding anything. I always feel it's a way to say, I see your post and agree. Or thanks, if the post was a response. Or even nice ride if it was a picture. Since the guys have been razzing you I have been cutting back too, but then (as has been recently pointed out) my post count goes nuts! I guess you can't win.

Look at how much space I would have saved had I just "liked" your comment!

cadillac kevin
06-22-12, 01:03 AM
LIKE ALL THE THINGs!!!!!!

CadillacLuke24
06-22-12, 03:06 AM
I have a problem. :D That's the first step, right?

brandondeleo
06-22-12, 03:30 AM
My other forum doesn't even have a 'like' button. Makes me sad.

Ranger
06-22-12, 11:52 AM
Count your blessings, this forum never used to have one, now it does and that makes me sad. If the like button simply left a "like" at the bottom of the post, that would be great, but it keeps sending you a notification that you have to keep clearing. It becomes a PITA (when over used). Now that said, I do have to admit to using it on occasion.

Aztec ETC ECS
06-22-12, 12:02 PM
Stop tryin'. Not gonna happen.

My other forum doesn't even have a 'like' button. Makes me sad.
I thought "THIS" was your other forum.

The-Dullahan
06-22-12, 01:06 PM
Look at all of the Forum members I have never heard of.

Meh, RWD is above Introductions lounge. All is as it should be.

thebigjimsho
06-22-12, 02:27 PM
Bring back rep points!

orconn
06-22-12, 02:34 PM
What were "rep points?"

Submariner409
06-22-12, 02:39 PM
Over next to your personal data - based on how sweet someone is/was, they could be awarded "Reputation points". It became more of an "I love me" contest than anything else. Served little or no purpose so it went away a year or so back...............

Thee and me would never get many "rep points".............. Chew on that.............

TBJS ^^^^ needs constant love :sneaky: .......... do you ??

..................and look at the "Like" button this way: It takes up less server space than this post..............

hueterm
06-22-12, 02:48 PM
Who would rep him? ;-)

Faded Crest
06-22-12, 02:53 PM
Of course, what we can see is how many posts someone has which does not necessarily mean that person is very smart at all or knows what they are talking about.

Submariner409
06-22-12, 02:55 PM
Of course, what we can see is how many posts someone has which does not necessarily mean that person is very smart at all or knows what they are talking about.

Spam qualifies..................

thebigjimsho
06-22-12, 04:42 PM

wut?

RippyPartsDept
06-22-12, 04:43 PM
well.... 'in the barrel of a gun' doesn't seem like the smartest location to me... just sayin'

thebigjimsho
06-22-12, 05:00 PM
Massachusetts looks like a gun. g00b.

Faded Crest
06-22-12, 05:04 PM
Like Chris said... :hide:

RippyPartsDept
06-22-12, 05:35 PM
i guess i kind of get it ...

that's one big barrel though

still not a place that i'd like to be

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4679/barrelgunmass.jpg

orconn
06-22-12, 05:40 PM
Funny, I never would have thought of that. Kind of looks more like the automatic trunk pull down device from a Cadillac. May "Locked in my trunk!" would be a better slogan!

Playdrv4me
06-22-12, 06:01 PM
I think most of the forums I visit got rid of their rep point system *unless* they were VERY technical and it denoted who was the most trustworthy on technical information. Otherwise it's just a silly popularity contest.

talismandave
06-22-12, 06:44 PM
...popularity contest...silly!

orconn
06-22-12, 08:00 PM
Now, Dave, don't go sulking in the suburbs of Madison. We don't need no stinking "Likes" count to know who is the most popular member of the Forums! It is a foregone conclusion that the ever present "Wit of Wisconsin" AKA "The Prince of the Prairie" holds that title and is unchallenged in the Popularity Sweepstakes.

gdwriter
06-22-12, 09:18 PM
Please... Dulude... Hello...You rang? :coffee:

http://www.roadkilltshirts.com/Assets/ProductImages/SARCASM_IDIOTS.jpg

Submariner409
06-23-12, 06:52 PM
Gary gets a BINGO !!!

Addendum to Post #29............ Actually it's pretty pathetic that there's a site where you can go to look at how wonderful you are on another site. "Let's see - I have a minute - wonder how I stack up in the 'most prolific' standings in ........... CF ?" .......... chat room type trolls can be quite prolific .........

Is there a site that keeps statistics on how many times you flush the toilet in 24 hours ??..... :lildevil:

Faded Crest
06-23-12, 07:45 PM
^^^ If that's what it was for, it would be pathetic... But I think it's purpose is to track site rankings for advertisers. Looks like CF is currently ranked #501.

BTW, I would say somewhere between 6-8 flushes per day. ( I step out into the back yard sometimes ) :D

BIGREECE
06-23-12, 08:32 PM
Must save water for planet:thumbsup:.
^^^ If that's what it was for, it would be pathetic... But I think it's purpose is to track site rankings for advertisers. Looks like CF is currently ranked #501.

BTW, I would say somewhere between 6-8 flushes per day. ( I step out into the back yard sometimes ) :D

Ranger
06-23-12, 09:22 PM
Is there a site that keeps statistics on how many times you flush the toilet in 24 hours ??..... :lildevil:
Damn you Sub. Now there will be a "Just wondering" thread posted soon.

talismandave
06-23-12, 09:35 PM

I can see that and that sounds good for CF then. I also think if you can search for a forum by topic it might be helpful, I joined a couple that I think are just a couple of buddies checking in with each other twice a year. If you need help you need members and activity.

As to the toilet, I wouldn't want to know...grows every year! I used to do the same as Faded Crest but since moving to a second floor apt. from a home it seems to be frowned upon!

Years ago we were going to a Brewers game and got there early to tailgate. As we parked my nephew who was about 5 said, "Good we are close to the toilet!"
My brother-in-law who was kind of a good ole boy drawled back...."Son, when you're a man...the whole world is your toilet!"

Faded Crest
06-23-12, 10:48 PM
Lately I've had to get up 2-3 times through the night to go make the toilet flush. :annoyed: But l have made a point not to drink anything at least 2 hours before going to bed and that seems to help because I'm down to once a night. That really does mess up a good night's rest.

RippyPartsDept
06-24-12, 03:40 AM
Well this thread took quite the turd - I mean turn.

brandondeleo
06-24-12, 04:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Nrp7cj_tM

MrHolland
06-24-12, 04:30 AM
I dont understand how people can have so many posts or be so active. I hop on here when I have a free moment, but have nowhere near the posts of other people. Are you all earning a commission for each post??

brandondeleo
06-24-12, 04:34 AM
I work graveyard... Have nothing better to do... :lol:

talismandave
06-24-12, 06:42 AM
I've been on a drug therapy for the last eight months, have two more to do. Sick a lot, miss a lot of work and has affected my sleep. So this is cheaper than therapy!:yawn:

Submariner409
06-24-12, 08:05 AM
I dont understand how people can have so many posts or be so active. I hop on here when I have a free moment, but have nowhere near the posts of other people. Are you all earning a commission for each post??

Depends on your work and spare time situation plus willingness to share knowledge, and a big post count factor is where a person's posts/threads are: In the mechanical/electrical advice forums or in the primarily chatty forums such as this one.

You didn't register for the nickel a word payback ???

donwon
06-24-12, 08:49 AM
Lately I've had to get up 2-3 times through the night to go make the toilet flush. :annoyed: But l have made a point not to drink anything at least 2 hours before going to bed and that seems to help because I'm down to once a night. That really does mess up a good night's rest.
At least you wake up before you go! Be proud.

Aztec ETC ECS
06-24-12, 11:28 PM
Man, I hope I can get a life & stay off this list!

Faded Crest
06-24-12, 11:40 PM
Looks like about a dozen or so posts per day puts you on the list. That's not very hard. You can do it! LOL.

I actually first came across that site a few months ago when I was searching for an old thread on google. Back then I guess CF was a lot more active. I remember that one member had close to 400 posts that week! I actually would go back check it every now and then out of curiosity to see if they kept up the pace. lol.

MrHolland
06-25-12, 02:01 AM
You didn't register for the nickel a word payback ???
AHAHAHAHAHAAAA good one. No, I guess I didnt!!!

talismandave
06-25-12, 05:16 AM
I thought you would have been a better negotiator than that Sub. I held out for a dime.

MrHolland
06-25-12, 06:38 AM
In fact, it seems Ive been paying to make these posts. Oh well, I guess the more I post the cheaper it becomes.

Aztec ETC ECS
06-25-12, 07:09 AM
Looks like about a dozen or so posts per day puts you on the list. That's not very hard. You can do it! LOL.

I actually first came across that site a few months ago when I was searching for an old thread on google. Back then I guess CF was a lot more active. I remember that one member had close to 400 posts that week! I actually would go back check it every now and then out of curiosity to see if they kept up the pace. lol.
We need a LIKE percentage list. Mine is now up to 21% mainly thanks to Luke.

cadillac kevin
06-25-12, 09:49 AM
We need a LIKE percentage list. Mine is now up to 21% mainly thanks to Luke.

Mines at 33% or so.

Stingroo
06-25-12, 09:56 AM
well this thread took quite the turd - i mean turn.

:rimshot:

Aztec ETC ECS
06-25-12, 10:18 AM
Mines at 33% or so.
Stop exaggerating. It's only 14%.

cadillac kevin
06-25-12, 11:44 AM
Stop exaggerating. It's only 14%.

Shhh....

...MY LIKE IS VERY LARGE!!!!!

Submariner409
06-25-12, 12:24 PM
:rolleyes: ............... seems like "most active" is turning into "most spam". :hide:

brandondeleo
06-25-12, 12:30 PM
"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat???"

CadillacLuke24
06-25-12, 04:26 PM
Oh boy. Most active is turning into who has the most entertainigly simple comments.

gdwriter
06-25-12, 04:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

thebigjimsho
06-25-12, 06:19 PM
I used to give out 4 Likes for every 1 received. But since I can't like on the mobile app, my Likes given has declined...

talismandave
06-25-12, 08:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE
I was wondering when this would pop up! Good on you! I think Brandon is slipping to have been beaten to this!:thepan:

CadillacLuke24
10-25-12, 02:25 AM
I was one of the top authors last week.

I WIN!

truckinman
10-25-12, 02:48 AM
I was one of the top authors last week.

I WIN!

Right away, the checkers scene from Chris Farleys and David spades "black sheep" comes to mind right now for some odd reason....

"...it's easy to win when you, uh,....NEVER MOVE YOUR BACK ROW!!".