: to buy or not to buy? 2005 STS

Mullah88
06-20-12, 01:08 PM
so i just got back from an independent dealer that has a 2006 STS listed for $8,995 with 142k miles (after paper work and taxes, ill end up paying $9,325). currently i drive a 1998 seville sts and i've been looking to upgrade. here are the car details from: http://carsforsale.com/used_cars_for_sale/2006_Cadillac_STS_153021337

Year: 2006
Make: Cadillac
Model: STS
Trim: Base
Engine: 6-Cylinder 3.6
Trans: AUTOMATIC
Fuel: Gasoline
Color: BLUE CHIP
Interior: TAN LEATHER
Miles: 142000
VIN: 1G6DW677360117346

i already put a $300 hold on it, should i take a mechanic to look at it or should i take it to a cadillac dealer to inspect it? the carfax is clean with 2 owners. the dealer says the car was bought from an auction.

i bought my 98 seville for 3500, i had to change the rear electric controlled shocks and currently working on the ac assembly that just went out! all four windows stopped working (dont know if it has to do with the control module under the dashboard, not bothered with that)

please help me out on this, i really want another STS (05-07) but dont want to buy the car and it ends up draining my wallet on unnecessary repairs

eatyoursandwich
06-20-12, 01:56 PM
I wouldn't pay more than $7k for that even if it passed an independent inspection with flying colors.

I would want to know what has been replaced and full service history before saying whether or not it's a good buy.

You can look at the FAQ to get an idea about what should have been or may already has been replaced/serviced.

Mullah88
06-20-12, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't pay more than $7k for that even if it passed an independent inspection with flying colors.

I would want to know what has been replaced and full service history before saying whether or not it's a good buy.

You can look at the FAQ to get an idea about what should have been or may already has been replaced/serviced.

alright thanks ill do that