: 275 40 r19

maybe2fast
06-20-12, 12:23 PM
This size seems alot more common is it useable? in the rear

thebigjimsho
06-20-12, 10:02 PM
You might want to do a 245/45 19 front tire, then...

maybe2fast
06-20-12, 11:55 PM
are you being sarcastic or does that regulate the diameters?

Low_ET
06-21-12, 07:47 PM
That size will fit just fine. It will make your speedometer read about 2 mph lower (at 60 mph). It looks to me like the stock 285/35/19 is about the same price as the 275/40/19. When in doubt, I would go with the stock wider size.

thebigjimsho
06-21-12, 10:17 PM
are you being sarcastic or does that regulate the diameters?

You don't want different rolling diameters from front to back. So if you want that size in back, you'll need to change the front...

embassured
06-24-12, 02:53 PM
I'm running 245/45s up front and 275/40s in the rear as I switched to (gasp) all-season (Conti DWS) tread.

The width difference between stock and the above size is nominal; i.e. a 1/3rd of an inch less. While I "theoretically" don't like the increased sidewall; I: 1> rarely even push the car to 80% of its handling limits and 2> the increased sidewall does actually decrease the fender gap, which I think looks better.

That said, if there had been an all-season alternative in stock sizes I would have gone that route for the simple reason to stay stock.

Good luck,
Eric

thebigjimsho
06-24-12, 07:40 PM
I'm running 245/45s up front and 275/40s in the rear as I switched to (gasp) all-season (Conti DWS) tread.

The width difference between stock and the above size is nominal; i.e. a 1/3rd of an inch less. While I "theoretically" don't like the increased sidewall; I: 1> rarely even push the car to 80% of its handling limits and 2> the increased sidewall does actually decrease the fender gap, which I think looks better.

That said, if there had been an all-season alternative in stock sizes I would have gone that route for the simple reason to stay stock.

Good luck,
EricWhile I wouldn't want to sacrifice that much in good weather, those would be my choice for a little extra traction in New England winters.

embassured
06-24-12, 08:39 PM
I'm in the mid-west, so half the year we have temps consistently below 50 degrees but with very little snow - maybe 3 or 4 times a year. Dedicated snows seem like overkill but but I still need decent traction when the PS2s felt like hockey pucks + a little snow protection is a must. The Jack of All Trades - Master of None fits our weather and how I drive the car. The tread wear rating DWSs isn't bad on the wallet, either!

Eric

Cub Cadet
06-28-12, 01:57 PM
The 275 wide tire needs to be on the *front*. The best sizing arrangement for looks AND performance is a 275 wide front and a 295 or 305 rear. The factory width is already too narrow for the stock wheel widths. This was done to eek out the very last, smallest amount of G-grip. Not worth it in my opinion. It made the car look cheap and ricer-ish. I changed mine out for these sizes and could not be happier. It has better performance than stock!!

thebigjimsho
06-29-12, 11:53 AM
Dear lord, not again...