: Summer Gold ATS

Loveldos
06-20-12, 12:08 AM
This was posted on another forum--it appears to be the new for 2013 Cadillac color named "Summer Gold" along with the "Caramel with Ebony Accents" leather interior. I like it--a great addition to the color selections and of course, the ATS is a great addition to the model selections, too:

EnvoyBu
06-20-12, 06:30 PM
I wrote the review and was there with another member taking pictures. I also drove the ATS. Good times!

Pie R Squared
06-21-12, 02:13 PM
Not my color choice and those wheels look awful, which model is that?

JimmyH
06-21-12, 07:20 PM
I don't much care for gold exteriors, but that does look nice.

blkcaddy
06-21-12, 07:44 PM
I don't much care for gold exteriors, but that does look nice.

How far up cadillacs butt are you gonna get? They could throw a set of wheels on a piece of poop and you would think it looks nice! Let's be real....that color on any car is ugly!

thebigjimsho
06-21-12, 09:36 PM
How contrarian are you gonna get? It's a tired act...

blkcaddy
06-22-12, 12:08 AM
How contrarian are you gonna get? It's a tired act...

Let me guess you must have been bullied as a little boy! Your comments are annoying and absurd! Well I better be nice or you will have my comments removed again! Just keep your juvenile comments to yourself....or I won't be nice!

Garymonnecka
06-22-12, 12:36 AM
If those wheels and that color were on a 3 series, with one exhaust pipe a little off center, you'd love it

JimmyH
06-22-12, 05:21 PM
How far up cadillacs butt are you gonna get? They could throw a set of wheels on a piece of poop and you would think it looks nice! Let's be real....that color on any car is ugly!

Um, until it starts feeling good? I don't know.

Pie R Squared
06-22-12, 09:58 PM
Every now and then I see a pink CTS driving aound the neigborhood but now I think that ATS will be the new choice for Mary Kay. Can anyone see this car in Mary Kay Pink?

thebigjimsho
06-22-12, 11:57 PM
Let me guess you must have been bullied as a little boy! Your comments are annoying and absurd! Well I better be nice or you will have my comments removed again! Just keep your juvenile comments to yourself....or I won't be nice!

What is annoying and absurd are your worthless rants about trivial garbage...

blkcaddy
06-23-12, 12:49 AM
What is annoying and absurd are your worthless rants about trivial garbage...

Bigjim your so senile!

Jesda
06-23-12, 01:06 AM
That's a really bad color. Looks like something Chrysler would have sprayed on a 1998 Stratus.

Rolex
06-23-12, 12:24 PM
Bigjim your so senile!

It's you're not your. And you think he's senile?

RippyPartsDept
06-23-12, 01:16 PM
http://www.ehow.com/how_7379_recognize-signs-senile.html
(http://www.ehow.com/how_7379_recognize-signs-senile.html)
Personally I think the color is okay ... not something I would go for myself, but I don't think it's hiddeous and can see a lot of people liking that color

the wheels are a bit 'normal' looking but i'm sure there are going to be about 3 -5 other wheel design choices (plus the different finishes)

JimmyH
06-23-12, 01:35 PM
Every now and then I see a pink CTS driving aound the neigborhood but now I think that ATS will be the new choice for Mary Kay. Can anyone see this car in Mary Kay Pink?

I don't care how much I get flamed. I would totally rock a Mary Kay Caddy.

M5eater
06-23-12, 09:17 PM
I don't care much for gold, but with that interior to match It could be passable. in 5-10years though it'll look like crap. Gold always does on tired designs.

Far more interested in the car as a whole.

She looks so small and cute! :p

JimmyH
06-23-12, 09:19 PM
I had a gold Honda Pilot. It took what was already one of the most boring cars on the planet and gave it the charisma of a cardboard box.

Jesda
06-23-12, 11:57 PM
I had a gold Honda Pilot. It took what was already one of the most boring cars on the planet and gave it the charisma of a cardboard box.

You should have nicknamed it the Goldwing.

http://www.wallpaperslot.com/data/media/12/honda%20goldwing%20wallpaper%201.jpg

I expect the take rate on this gold paint to be pretty low, and Cadillac will likely drop it for 2013.

RippyPartsDept
06-24-12, 03:42 AM
Someone should dig up those photos of the gold '97-'99 deville so we can continue to argue about one of the most personally subjective things about any car.

JimmyH
06-24-12, 12:24 PM
I nicknamed it "big fat boring gold suv."

M5eater
06-24-12, 03:58 PM
Someone should dig up those photos of the gold '97-'99 deville so we can continue to argue about one of the most personally subjective things about any car.
I don't know, Gold is pretty universally ugly.

concorso
06-24-12, 07:12 PM
How far up cadillacs butt are you gonna get? They could throw a set of wheels on a piece of poop and you would think it looks nice! Let's be real....that color on any car is ugly!How about you keep YOUR juvenile comments to yourself? Holy unpleasantness, Batmanswaddedpanties!

concorso
06-24-12, 07:14 PM
Bigjim your so senile!Uhmmm...'your'? BigJim is the senile one?

concorso
06-24-12, 07:22 PM
Im torn on the color. On one hand, I hate gold paint in general. On the other hand, this isnt a washed out gold. Its bold, its bright...its colorful as opposed to other like the earlier CTS gold. As far as golds go, this is one of the best available right now. On the third hand, tho, a bolder gold just might be more offensive... Personally, Id have rather seen a burnt yellow/orange, something darker then the Solar Beam Orange Mercedes uses on the C AMG BS, but not as 'orange' as the 2G CTS Hot Lava, or as 'burnt copper' as the 1G CTS Copper Sunburst Metallic (IIRC).

concorso
06-24-12, 07:25 PM
You should have nicknamed it the Goldwing.

http://www.wallpaperslot.com/data/media/12/honda%20goldwing%20wallpaper%201.jpg

I expect the take rate on this gold paint to be pretty low, and Cadillac will likely drop it for 2013.A silver goldwing...to go with all the non-black Black Series. :)

M5eater
06-24-12, 07:44 PM
GM'll never understand. The stapes of small sports sedans are;
Imola Yellow
Nogaro Blue
Laser Red.

JimmyH
06-24-12, 08:57 PM
Im torn on the color. On one hand, I hate gold paint in general. On the other hand, this isnt a washed out gold. Its bold, its bright...its colorful as opposed to other like the earlier CTS gold. As far as golds go, this is one of the best available right now. On the third hand, tho, a bolder gold just might be more offensive... Personally, Id have rather seen a burnt yellow/orange, something darker then the Solar Beam Orange Mercedes uses on the C AMG BS, but not as 'orange' as the 2G CTS Hot Lava, or as 'burnt copper' as the 1G CTS Copper Sunburst Metallic (IIRC).

dude, if you think you have three hands, you got bigger problems than paint colors to worry about

Jesda
06-26-12, 06:35 AM
It's not just that it's gold. Gold paint should have similar reflective characteristics as silver.

This looks like a shade of brown that sort of resembles a paper grocery bag. I'm not expecting a lot of these to be ordered in that color. I think Cadillac is experimenting.

b4z
06-26-12, 11:03 PM
The wheels look like the first gen CTS-V's.

concorso
06-28-12, 10:06 AM
dude, if you think you have three hands, you got bigger problems than paint colors to worry aboutLol...Im a geno-mod baby. Ive got rear facing toes ;)

rueben44
07-01-12, 05:54 PM
Saw this exact color and trim car driving in Chicago the other day and it looks great in person. Issue...rims look ugly, one tail pipe, and no fogs just plastic!

RippyPartsDept
07-02-12, 09:49 AM
base model... to be expected

rustybear3
10-26-12, 07:16 AM
Should have gone with the Tuscan Bronze like they did with the CTS:

concorso
10-30-12, 07:48 PM
It's not just that it's gold. Gold paint should have similar reflective characteristics as silver.

This looks like a shade of brown that sort of resembles a paper grocery bag. I'm not expecting a lot of these to be ordered in that color. I think Cadillac is experimenting.A friend described it as 'Werthers Original'. Lol, fitting. :)

JSATS
11-02-12, 10:59 AM
I love the look of the ATS but that STD ATS in gold with the gold interior looks aweful! I'm sure it would look great on a old Chrysler K car that my grandfather would own but on a 40 thousand dollar performance sedan it looks terrible.

mitchflorida
09-22-13, 01:26 PM
They discontinued Summer Gold and I am very angry about it. Who do I need to speak to?

JSATS
09-23-13, 11:49 AM
They discontinued Summer Gold and I am very angry about it. Who do I need to speak to?

I would contact someone in Cadillac Customer Service. While your talking to them please thank them for getting rid of that color so quickly. Also ask them to never use it again.

investor74
09-23-13, 02:55 PM

If you still want one in that color, call around to dealers or check the online dealer sites. My Caddy dealer had two Luxury ATS in the gold on the lot for about 9 months and couldn't sell them. Every now and then they ran an unbelievable "special" on some cars including the gold ones, but still couldn't get rid of them. I was tempted to make them an offer they couldn't refuse, but in the end, I couldn't bring myself to do it.

mitchflorida
09-24-13, 06:12 PM
Cadillac Gold looks like money. I like the color a lot. I will have to buy a 2013 ATS gold, you are right they don't seem to be popular, so I can get a better deal. There is Luxury 2.5 for $26,500 with just 13,000 miles. It is a collectors item, not like silver. Every ATS on the road is black or silver.

Stevo Supremo
09-24-13, 07:06 PM
*barf*

2manyhotrods
09-24-13, 08:09 PM
Gold was discontinued because it was unpopular in the eyes of the consumer.
Imagine the interest the dealer paid out in the 9 months he had to hold those 2 he had in stock.
I doubt he would want more of that color being shipped to him.
Most gold colors had their peak selling years flatten out by the mid 2000's
Today it's all about black, silver and pearl white. Light blue is making a comeback here in the Northeast. Metallic red is popular with fleet customers but our retail customers shy away from it our conservative New England market.

Stevo Supremo
09-25-13, 08:21 AM
Cadillac Gold looks like money. I like the color a lot. I will have to buy a 2013 ATS gold, you are right they don't seem to be popular, so I can get a better deal. There is Luxury 2.5 for $26,500 with just 13,000 miles. It is a collectors item, not like silver. Every ATS on the road is black or silver.

Theirs a reason those colors are popular, White/silver/Black all look slick on a Cadillac, Theirs songs written about BlackCadillacs lol, and I'm sorry when my car is freshly washed/polished and waxed there isn't a colour in the world I'd rather have.

mitchflorida
09-25-13, 12:26 PM
Gold Cadillacs tend to keep their value. It was preferred many years ago to silver, which looked "cheap" in comparison.

[

JimmyH
09-27-13, 08:19 PM
Black is the best color for a car as long as you like spending two hours every third day polishing it.