: OK...one more time

bbang
06-19-12, 10:17 PM
Is there a TSB on the rocking recaro's?? If so, and u have a copy, please post it. AND for those that have had the rocking recaro problem...has it been fixed ?? If yes, what did they do to correct the Problem.

Thanks .

I have read earlier posts on this but cannot find an answer.

theghost
06-26-12, 05:25 AM
Hello, I'm also in search of the same information ---- it seems like my drivers seat is experiencing a "weird" issue such as either movement & w/ noise , etc... I came to these forums in search for others with the same issue and looks like they are calling it "Rocking Recaro's" ??:confused: I thought I was dreaming when my seat felt odd or moved on me the other day... just didn't know what was wrong until I came to the forums and other's are complaining of the same problem. If you have found out anything , please let me know or shoot a link to the TSB if they have one out. This definitely needs attention ---- thanks

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-27-12, 11:17 AM
Is there a TSB on the rocking recaro's?? If so, and u have a copy, please post it. AND for those that have had the rocking recaro problem...has it been fixed ?? If yes, what did they do to correct the Problem.
Thanks .
I have read earlier posts on this but cannot find an answer.

Hello, I'm also in search of the same information ----

Have you all tried checking in with your respective dealerships for this information? I realize that having it posted on the forum would be ideal, but since there have been no responses thus far, I thought I'd make the dealership suggestion as an alternative option to explore.

If you'd like me to look into any recall information, then I'm always happy to do so! You can always DM me or email me (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com), and including the last eight of your VIN in the message would be extremely helpful in my research.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

flatrockguy
06-27-12, 05:14 PM
I believe this is it but I may be wrong..

2010 Cadillac CTS | CTS VIN D Service Manual | Bulletins By Category | Technical | Document ID: 2867091
#09-08-50-004B: Front Seat(s) Lateral Seat Clunk (Install Felt Washer, Replace Clip) - (Jun 13, 2012)
Subject:
Front Seat(s) Lateral Seat Clunk (Install Felt Washer, Replace Clip)

Models: 2008-2012 Cadillac CTS (All Models)
Built Prior to December 1, 2011

Condition

Some customers may comment that the driver or passenger seats display a lateral movement (side to side) and/or a clunking noise.

Cause

This condition may be due to excessive movement between the seat frame rails and the front riser tube on the seat bottom frame/adjuster assembly.

Correction

Do This
Don't Do This

Install felt washer absorbers at the two outer ends of the front riser tube assembly.
Do not replace the entire seat bottom frame, adjuster or track assembly.
1. Remove the affected seat and lower seat cover. Refer to Front Seat Cushion Cover and Pad Replacement in SI.

2. Remove the existing push nut from the seat frame using two screwdrivers (1).

3. Ensure all of the clip is removed and the tube is clear of any debris (1).

4. Install the felt washer over the tube end (1).
5. Place the new push nut on the tube against the felt washer and hold in place.

6. Place a 25 mm (1.0 in) twelve-point socket against the push nut and over the end of the tube. Ensure that the socket is flush and even against the push nut. Install the push nut with a hammer (1).

7. Inspect and verify that the push nut is seated against the orange bushing (1).
8. Repeat Steps 2-7 on the opposite side of the seat.
9. Install the seat in the vehicle and verify the procedure corrected the condition.

Parts Information

Part Number
Description
Qty

Push Nut

Felt Washer

Warranty Information

For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

C9866*
Driver or Passenger Seat – Install Felt Washer, Replace Clip
1.0 hr

*This is a unique labor operation for bulletin use only. It will not be published in the Labor Time Guide.
GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information. WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION
2012 General Motors. All rights reserved.

gmusquiz
06-28-12, 12:53 AM
Took my car in for this last Thursday and within a few hours they called saying they need to replace felt washers. Not in stock so I'm waiting until my day off and will be getting it taken care of tomorrow. Hopefully easy fix and back on the road in stable seats this time!

gmusquiz
07-08-12, 02:49 AM
So FYI they performed the necessary felt washer thing. Seemed better when I left but then it all came back same as always after a little while. Gotta set up an appointment to go back and get it looked at again... :( not happy. Love the dealership actually but I hate having nagging little issues with the car. Stupid little issues were why I got rid of my last car.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-09-12, 03:34 PM
Gmusquiz, I'm happy to follow-up with your dealer at any point, if you like. Just send me an email anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and I will assist where I can!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Airfoto
07-09-12, 04:44 PM
Get used to it - it seems that these and the many other issues this car seems to have going on that should have been fixed before the left the factory! Very poor quality assurance / control at the factory. I'm new to Cadillac this year and will NEVER buy another one - quality of the dealerships maintance / service departments are so bad - I'd trust Greese Monkey before I let another Cadillac Tech touch my car. BUTT whats worst is their attitude about the "V". GM might build a great idea - BUTT - their follow through after the customer gets the car is just unacceptable! HELL No - it's just BS.

I kinda had the same issue with my Z06 and Chevy dealers - All I can do is tell everybody I know that asks or I meet - NOT TO BUY A PRODUCT FROM GM - you'll get screwed!

THEY JUST DON'T GET IT - HOW VERY SAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boplaw
07-18-12, 02:33 PM
Get used to it - it seems that these and the many other issues this car seems to have going on that should have been fixed before the left the factory! Very poor quality assurance / control at the factory. I'm new to Cadillac this year and will NEVER buy another one - quality of the dealerships maintance / service departments are so bad - I'd trust Greese Monkey before I let another Cadillac Tech touch my car. BUTT whats worst is their attitude about the "V". GM might build a great idea - BUTT - their follow through after the customer gets the car is just unacceptable! HELL No - it's just BS.

I kinda had the same issue with my Z06 and Chevy dealers - All I can do is tell everybody I know that asks or I meet - NOT TO BUY A PRODUCT FROM GM - you'll get screwed!

Exactly. After 3 trips to my service dept. they finally got a regional rep to look at the car. They agreed to replace the driver's seat.

That was 10 weeks ago and still no seat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And Katie, you're just window dressing, my love.

one_tracker
07-18-12, 03:25 PM

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

thebigjimsho
07-19-12, 12:23 AM
Oh great, all caps again...