: Price of used coupe satin graphite wheels with center caps?

grasshopper
06-19-12, 10:11 AM
I have a chance to purchase a set of sating graphite wheels for a coupe in a pristine condition. I only need one front wheel (ahem..somebody...kissed a curb), but the owner does not want to separate. So now I'm considering purchasing the set and consider following options:

1) Replace all 4 wheels and sell the current wheels on my car with the caps. One has a slight curb damage and other three has the normal wear and tear on 18k mile car.
or
2) Replace just one curb kissed front wheel. And sell that kissed wheel with other 3 new purchased wheels with new cap.

I know the other option is to just repair that kissed front wheel. The local repair shops, however, are not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling in their ability to match the color with price of $100 - $150 for the repair.

What can I expect to get if I were to put the wheels for sale under two scenarios above???

Thanks in advance!

grasshopper
06-19-12, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=grasshopper;3000149]I have a chance to purchase a set of sating graphite wheels for a coupe in a pristine condition. I only need one front wheel (ahem..somebody...kissed a curb), but the owner does not want to separate. So now I'm considering purchasing the set and consider following options:

1) Replace all 4 wheels and sell the current wheels on my car with the caps. One has a slight curb damage and other three has the normal wear and tear on 18k mile car.
or
2) Replace just one curb kissed front wheel. And sell that kissed wheel with other 3 new purchased wheels with new cap.

I know the other option is to just repair that kissed front wheel. The local repair shops, however, are not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling in their ability to match the color with price of $100 - $150 for the repair.

What can I expect to get if I were to put the wheels for sale under two scenarios above???

Thanks in advance!

larry arizona
06-19-12, 12:48 PM
I am interested in the two rear rims if you want to sell

grasshopper
06-23-12, 10:51 AM
Larry,
I'd like to hear what price you have in mind, but not sure how to go about doing it...

larry arizona
06-23-12, 05:51 PM
PM me and I will see if we can work out a win win situation.

Kmajecki
06-23-12, 11:47 PM
Once you guys settle it out post somr pricing! Im thinking of selling my coupe wheels with new tires but have no idea what price. I see these sets on ebay for like $2,400 but does anyone really pay that much??

larry arizona
06-24-12, 08:26 AM
well for reference you can get brand new factory rims online for $515 each.

grasshopper
06-24-12, 11:45 AM
Okay, I had to look up how to PM. When I clicked on your screen name, the option to PM does not come up.
Am I still too new or am I missing something? Thanks.

RapidRob
06-24-12, 06:26 PM
^^^ - Yep - I think you need 30 or 40 posts here, at least, to earn PM privledges.

Rob

grasshopper
06-25-12, 12:27 PM
Shoot! I had a feeling about that...
Well...this is one more post... :)

grasshopper
06-27-12, 08:33 AM
larry arizona...any suggestions as what we can do for communication?

tkracing
06-27-12, 10:55 AM
Grasshopper..... If it doesnt work out with Larry I would like to be in 2nd position for those rear rims. You can email me @ tdk13@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks

tkracing
06-27-12, 10:58 AM
well for reference you can get brand new factory rims online for $515 each.

Larry, where can I find these rims for $515?. I got a quote from my dealer at $650 and like your price better.

larry arizona
06-27-12, 01:06 PM
tkracing, If you go to google "detroit wheel and tire" they sell new rims for $515 ( listed as a core charge)

GH,

kent.shuert@autoliv.com

tkracing
06-27-12, 04:06 PM
Perfect.... Thank you sir.

tkracing, If you go to google "detroit wheel and tire" they sell new rims for $515 ( listed as a core charge)

GH,

kent.shuert@autoliv.com

Mike02z
06-27-12, 07:51 PM
I just got 4 new OEM GM Graphite wheels on eBay for 1700 and that included shipping and 4 center caps. Granted, my car is a Sedan not a Coupe. It is a MAJOR Chevy dealer in NC although you would not know it by their eBay listings. I ordered yesterday and they shipped today. I noticed they listed Coupe wheels as well.

tbauer
06-28-12, 12:06 AM
I just got 4 new OEM GM Graphite wheels on eBay for 1700 and that included shipping and 4 center caps. Granted, my car is a Sedan not a Coupe. It is a MAJOR Chevy dealer in NC although you would not know it by their eBay listings. I ordered yesterday and they shipped today. I noticed they listed Coupe wheels as well.

What is their ebay name or store name?

johnnyrako
12-28-12, 06:50 PM
That's pretty silly to require specific quantities of posts before you have full functionality of the forum.