: Water pump tool

Rhoades
12-01-04, 11:10 AM
Yes I started a prohect w/o all the tools. Now I am tryig to find a place that has the water pump removal tool. Every place I ask looks at me like I have a 3rd eye in the middle of my forehead!! Do any of you know who might carry the damn thing??? I am in the Twin Cities if that matters.

Rhoades

chazglenn3
12-01-04, 11:52 AM
It was my understanding that Autozone stores carried the tool. As a last resort, you can most likely get from the the nearest Caddy dealer.

Charles :greendude

Ranger
12-01-04, 12:39 PM
Here's one option.
http://www.caddyinfo.com/toolrental.htm
Also most online tool sites. Harbor freight, The Tool Warehouse, Snap-on just to name a few.

Katshot
12-01-04, 12:47 PM
Call 1-800-GM-TOOLS
Sorry they don't do web-based ordering.

Gunny
12-01-04, 10:39 PM
Amazon.com sells the tool you need.

dkozloski
12-02-04, 12:31 PM
When you do get the tool, on this forum somewhere I saw that you are dealing with left hand thread. Just a suggestion.

mcowden
12-02-04, 04:02 PM
I've borrowed the tool (with a small, completely refundable deposit) from both AutoZone and Pep Boys. It's just called a water pump tool. To get the pump out, you have to turn it clockwise, which is opposite what you'd think. If you turn it counterclockwise, the housing and other things could be damaged. It took a bit of clockwise force to break it loose, but it doesn't turn far once it starts moving, then it just pops right out of there. When you put it back in, turn it counterclockwise, but you should be able to see the tabs and how far it needs to go. Don't overdo it.

Michael :cheers:

Ranger
12-02-04, 07:42 PM
When you do get the tool, on this forum somewhere I saw that you are dealing with left hand thread. Just a suggestion.
It is not threaded. It is a cam lock. Only takes about 1/8 - 1/4 of a turn.

MightyBright1
12-02-04, 10:59 PM
I would have sent you mine if you paid shipping. But glad you found one cheap. I turned mine the wrong way taking it out and broke one of the tabs on the housing. Needless to say it was a bitch taking it out. I then over tightend the new one and flatened the tabs. I figured "hey it a N*" and left it be. So far so good. No leaks. Go figure. Just figured I would share this story for the next guy who has to change one......

tco43
12-06-04, 12:42 AM
I bought the water pump replacing tool from NAPA--part # LS14440 Lisle tools---$24.95
Worked like a charm.