: Cargo Panel Painting?

mr69vett
06-18-12, 09:47 PM
I was wondering if anyone has had there 3 panel cargo area covers painted to match? I think a few coats of surfacer such as sikens, wet sand and then a few coats of color coat and then a few more of clear and walla! I think maybe some fleax agent in the color coat and if they put in clear might be a good idea just becasue. What do you think? After all the arch peice and side peices are paited to match and also tailgate top! And besides I know guy that does bodywork and paiting owes me!!! Might be a good thing to collect on.

Thanks,

Dave

prosseda
06-22-12, 01:26 PM
Clestial Blue? It would look good if the quality was there. It would be an all day prep job.

mr69vett
06-22-12, 11:54 PM
I would a friend who owes me a few markers. I'm thinking spray surfacer such as Ultimate, and then the color with flex agent and then the clear. I'm thinking the spray surfacer would fill all the texture, but still leave the numbers on the panels. Probaly would not do the inside, just leave them as stock. I'll have to see if I can get ahold of him this weekend.

As far as the Clestial Blue, I guess I'm not sure, I purchased it that way, but I will also have to see if I can get the paint code from the previous owner, I'm sure it will be helpful sometime.

Thanks,
Dave