: "V" Characteristic

JFJr
06-18-12, 11:33 AM
Do other cars on the road seem to move in slow motion when you are out in your "V's"? I don't consider myself a fast driver, but I really have to watch my speed in town. I've never owned such a smooth, solid, sneaky quick car. None of my Corvettes felt like this, but they didn't have as much torque either. I'm not complaining and it goes to show how well this car has been developed. But you new owners be careful.

Jud :lildevil:

FLTRI
06-18-12, 12:57 PM
I know exactly what you mean, especially on the freeway.

I'll be driving along at what feels like a "normal" speed, and can't figure out why everyone else is poking along so slowly. Then I'll look at the speedo and realize I'm rolling 85-90. It's especially insidious with the auto tranny in non-sport mode. It shifts so smoothly, and at a low RPM, that you can be rolling up triple digits without even thinking about it...

Airfoto
06-18-12, 01:41 PM
I find it just the opposite - the car feels really heavy to me and requires you to push on the gas to get it going - yes - I've had it sideways and been to driving schools - I also only have driven it in Sport mode - I have a 500 mile trip tomorrow and I'll try the tour mode out - I also have a 08-Z06 - not stock - that drives completely different - thats why I bought the V - no sense have 2 cars drive the same - what fun would that be - I enjoy driving the V very much - just don't take it to a dealer - you'll get "F'd" - they don't have a CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Other then having the car tuned - I do all my own work on my car's - except electronic stuff - haven't figured that out yet.

JFJr
06-18-12, 01:45 PM
It's especially insidious with the auto tranny in non-sport mode. It shifts so smoothly, and at a low RPM, that you can be rolling up triple digits without even thinking about it...Even with the manual transmission if you get a little frisky in the lower gears around town, you're past the speed limit in the blink of an eye. What a marvelous car!

Jud :lildevil:

neuronbob
06-18-12, 01:45 PM
Hey Jud, how many miles do you have on yours now? I am finally about to crack 40k.

I notice the same thing you do, on the road.

JFJr
06-18-12, 01:53 PM
Hey Jud, how many miles do you have on yours now? I am finally about to crack 40k.I've just passed 60,000 miles, but it still looks and feels brand new. No mods and I service it pretty much like any other Cadillac. If it was a BMW, I would have to bend over, grab my ankles and take my medicine. Ha haa!

Jud

JFJr
06-18-12, 04:25 PM
I find it just the opposite - the car feels really heavy to me and requires you to push on the gas to get it going.I think it's by design. The last thing we need on the street is to have throttle response as sensitive as some lower powered V6 cars. It's an electronic throttle and could have been set up with any sensitivity.

Jud

gmusquiz
06-19-12, 12:13 AM
I feel the same way! My girlfriend also occasionally leans over to look at the speedo because she feels like we are going slow when I'm actually going a little over the speed limit. The car is so smooth it's tricky out there keeping it under control :)

carterb
06-24-12, 05:08 PM
I have had the opposite. Even though I'm driving 75-80 mph, I have cars all the time trying to keep up with me or pass me (I think to see what my car can do) !

JFJr
06-24-12, 05:59 PM
Yeah, they are a pain in the butt on the highway and I pray they won't sideswipe me. I guess it's the price of driving a truly great car.

Jud