: 2007 escalade chrome handles broken

daveoh
06-17-12, 10:29 PM
Where is the best place to order replacement chrome door handles for my 2007 escalade. I only see chrome "covers" online . Is that the right name for the replacement of the door handles. I have also noticed quit a few reports regarding this problem.
The handle pulled apart with just normal use....front pass and drivers rear
Would you believe the dealership quoted me $375.00 per handle for parts and labor. I think I'll do it myself

MrHolland
06-17-12, 10:59 PM
There are several threads in here covering that topic, in fact I've recommended some replacements in those threads, aluminum replacements. Do a search and dig a little, info is in here

07BlkOnBlkEXT
06-18-12, 04:28 AM
Got mine fixed for free from the dealership, there is some recall or reference number you can give them. Search a bit in here and you'll find it. Don't pay for this.

hcvone
06-18-12, 07:42 AM
I would try going to the dealership, even though you are out of warranty several members have got their replaced for free

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-18-12, 09:14 PM
Where is the best place to order replacement chrome door handles for my 2007 escalade. I only see chrome "covers" online . Is that the right name for the replacement of the door handles. I have also noticed quit a few reports regarding this problem.
The handle pulled apart with just normal use....front pass and drivers rear
Would you believe the dealership quoted me $375.00 per handle for parts and labor. I think I'll do it myself

If we can check your VIN for any kind of recalls or special coverages, please send us the last 8 digits of it via private message (or, if Katie already has it somewhere, let her know in a DM about the chrome handles and ask her to check your VIN).

All the best,
Sarah (Assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service