: What's your favorite summer time beverage!!!

BIGREECE
06-17-12, 09:44 PM
Mine is Sweet Tea, hummm hummm:cool2:

thebigjimsho
06-17-12, 11:27 PM
Definitely a Sweet Tea fan. I'll also have a Georgia Iced Tea...

drewsdeville
06-17-12, 11:36 PM
Water

MrHolland
06-18-12, 12:02 AM
I second water, its also my favorite fall, winter and spring time drink. I know, I'm boring

Florian
06-18-12, 12:12 AM
ice cold beer / or a gin and tonic.

F

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-18-12, 12:17 AM
Leinenkugels' Sunset Wheat.
http://bootleggersonbroadway.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Leinenkugels-Sunset-Wheat.jpg

thebigjimsho
06-18-12, 12:24 AM
I also really love Sam Adams Porch Rocker...

http://www.samueladams.com/enjoy-our-beer/beer-detail.aspx?id=655903d1-bd78-4416-9249-1190cc393e45

orconn
06-18-12, 12:37 AM
Sweet tea, the table wine of the South!

Stingroo
06-18-12, 12:51 AM
I used to be a HUGE sweet tea and soda drinker. Since starting my diet and losing weight though, no more. :(

Cherry Coke Zero, or regular Pepsi Max please.

Jesda
06-18-12, 01:51 AM
Ice cold water is amazing after a long, sweaty bike ride. I've been freezing my plastic water bottle before a ride but when its 95F+ outside it melts and turns luke warm by the time I drink it.

Gin/vodka and tonic in the winter.
Sparkling water in the summer. Sometimes vodka and sprite zero.

orconn
06-18-12, 02:00 AM
Lime Ricky at a soda fountain is very nice too!

Aron9000
06-18-12, 03:00 AM
A COLD beer. Preferably a Dos Equis Amber, a Warstiener, or maybe a Fat Tire Summersault. A good Hefeviesen can be refreshing as well.

If you are chilling at the beach, I love a good, somewhat stiff Pina Colada made from scratch, my way. You chop up a fresh pineapple, fill the blender with ice, a LOT of clear rum(like maybe 8-10 shots worth if you are making a whole blender full), a lot of cream of coconut(use the stuff in the plastic squeeze bottle, its better quality), and if you have it a few scoops of vanilla ice cream, add that in. Obviously you don't use the whole pineapple, but use as much of it as you do ice. Anyways, I just blend all this up, taste it, and add some more pineapple, ice, whatever I think it needs. You have to be a pineapple nut to appreciate my pina coladas.

talismandave
06-18-12, 03:35 AM

Hello I'm Chris Hanson of Dateline NBC have a seat....what are you doing here...

brandondeleo
06-18-12, 04:43 AM
I used to drink upwards of 20oz of soda every day, some days even more, but then my doctor told me to stop. I took advantage of that and now I rarely drink it. I may not live in the ghetto in SoCal anymore, (maybe the opposite...) but I still can't shake the summer drink of choice.

http://eagleusatrading.com/uploads/product/Kool-Aid_Cherry.jpg

CadillacLuke24
06-20-12, 04:47 AM
ICE cold (as in dry ice burn cold) Diet Pepsi. Awwww Yeah

Hey Roo, try Pepsi Next. Stuff's good.

EcSTSatic
06-20-12, 10:03 AM
Love to sit in my sailboat and have a beer with friends.

talismandave
06-20-12, 12:09 PM
Beer based bloody mary, with dill pickle. (Well, NA beer now days!)

BIGREECE
06-20-12, 02:36 PM
I'm the Finance Officer at the local liquor store and order spirits for the store, I'm a beer guy myself but enjoy a light rum, sprite zero and squeeze of lime this time of year. Vodka is the #1 seller worldwide, and with all the crazy flavored vodkas out there I think they are competing with the micro brews:alchi:
Hello I'm Chris Hanson of Dateline NBC have a seat....what are you doing here...

truckinman
06-20-12, 02:41 PM
Just depends what I'm in the mood for. Some times it's sweet tea. Other times it's beer. I couldn't even narrow it to one beer tho. I try a different kind every time I go out just about. Love trying new beers. But I did go to a micro brewery once in Athens GA. can't remember the name. But every thurs during the summer, you can pay 10 bucks and get one of their glasses and 8 tickets. Each ticket is a full glass of beer. I tried almost every kind they had, but the one that stuck out the most was I believe a summer ale. But I swear it tasted just like bananas. Was actually delicious. Had a couple glasses of that one. Very refreshing.

Submariner409
06-20-12, 03:10 PM
We have a bed of Southern Gentleman mint. I make Mint Julep by the quart and store it in the freezer - it pours over cracked ice like thin syrup.

One quart Mason jar
About 40 mint leaves
4 tbsp 10X confectioner's sugar
One quart of GOOD bourbon

(EDIT for BIGREECE: I'm partial to Woodford Reserve, Evan Williams single barrel, Russel's Reserve, Maker's Mark.)

Pour most of the bourbon in the Mason jar (use 2 ounces as a "test base"), crush/mangle the mint leaves and place into the bourbon jar. Cover and let marry for 4 hours. Remove the mint with a slotted spoon, squeeze drippings into the jar. Dump in the sugar. Cover, shake well, place in the freezer overnight.

Serve over packed crushed ice in frozen sterling silver julep cups - use white cotton gloves - the cups will now grow a thick white frost. Garnish with mint sprigs. Sip slowly.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For instant gratification: Bombay gin, Schweppes tonic, lime wedge.

- or an occasional foo-foo drink like a MaiTai or Sufferin' Bastard - Trader Vic's old recipes.

Beer - a Silver Sissy (Coors Light)

BIGREECE
06-20-12, 03:31 PM
I live in the Asheville, NC area and it's the beer city of the South and possibly nationwide, so many micro brews and choices. Asheville now has a Moonshine,
called Troy & Sons. The corn they use is a white field corn ( not for eating ) that is grown on cooked creek right over the hill from Black Mountain where I live.
I have'nt tried it, I don't like white liquor but tourists are loving it, we sale alot at the store. People are amazed that the corn is from the local area and they can go back home with authentic moonshine, well the REAL stuff is around but a little harder to find:). Apple pie seems to be the local favorite:thumbsup:

RobbieB
06-20-12, 04:31 PM
I live in the South so it's sweet tea for me.

---
R. Bryant
Rhode Island Bus Charters (http://www.trailways.com/team-trailways/motorcoach-listing-companies/companies/flagship)

The-Dullahan
06-20-12, 09:23 PM
Hot Tea. F**k that sweet stuff.

Root Beer...The real kind. Doesn't come in cans and is sold in many varieties throughout the Northeast, each with their own personal distinct differences.

I don't drink water as often since moving to Florida. I have a fantastic filtration system (Three filtration systems actually, working in series, because I am apparently collecting these units) but it still has nowhere near the quality of my well water from up North. I recall having to have water samples tested for school and mine coming back rather superior to the bottled stuff from...wherever people buy bottled water. Still drink tons and tons of water.

Alcohol of course, would be another category entirely, because it is good for all times of year, regardless of weather or what you are doing at the time.

BIGREECE
06-20-12, 10:28 PM
Makers 46 is great also, A splash of ginger ale and one SMALL drop of homemade vanilla extract:thumbsup:
We have a bed of Southern Gentleman mint. I make Mint Julep by the quart and store it in the freezer - it pours over cracked ice like thin syrup.

One quart Mason jar
About 40 mint leaves
4 tbsp 10X confectioner's sugar
One quart of GOOD bourbon

(EDIT for BIGREECE: I'm partial to Woodford Reserve, Evan Williams single barrel, Russel's Reserve, Maker's Mark.)

Pour most of the bourbon in the Mason jar (use 2 ounces as a "test base"), crush/mangle the mint leaves and place into the bourbon jar. Cover and let marry for 4 hours. Remove the mint with a slotted spoon, squeeze drippings into the jar. Dump in the sugar. Cover, shake well, place in the freezer overnight.

Serve over packed crushed ice in frozen sterling silver julep cups - use white cotton gloves - the cups will now grow a thick white frost. Garnish with mint sprigs. Sip slowly.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For instant gratification: Bombay gin, Schweppes tonic, lime wedge.

- or an occasional foo-foo drink like a MaiTai or Sufferin' Bastard - Trader Vic's old recipes.

Beer - a Silver Sissy (Coors Light)

Aztec ETC ECS
06-20-12, 10:54 PM
GOOD:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JDn-f0oI9fM/Ro8AN8xvMjI/AAAAAAAAAMU/Q7B3UABqXgI/s400/budLightBottle.jpg

BETTER:

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2012/02/05/226666-bud-light-platinum.jpg

BEST:

http://www.sarcasticmyspace.com/graphics/blakkfrogg/comments163/pics_girls-girl-in-bud-light-box.jpg

orconn
06-21-12, 12:02 AM
^^^ Finally something I would prefer to sweet tea! I'll take two, with or without the box!

the recluse
06-21-12, 12:22 AM

I'm from Mass, but have lived in Florida most my life...sweet tea is a staple...

I moved back to Mass for about 3 years...went to a restaurant and ordered a sweet tea...the waitress says "that's not in season..." so I asked her "what do you have to do; go out back and kill it? Do you have hot tea? good, poor 3 of those cups in a tall glass and add ice..." she stood there dumbfounded for a minute...

Stingroo
06-21-12, 12:25 AM
Not... in... season?

Blasphemy!

orconn
06-21-12, 12:57 AM
I never had sweet tea until I moved to Northern Virginia .... and even then I had to head south to my son's college before I had "real" sweet tea. The first time I had it I was driving my son back to school and we stopped somewhere in the Shenandoah Valley for lunch and the waitress brought iced tea with sugar already added. I had added my usual sugar to it not realizing it didn't need any. As I grimaced upon my first mouth full, my son started to laugh ..... "sweet tea, Dad, you are int the real South now!" When you don't have to ask for and they serve it to you automatically you are truly in Dixie!!!

Jesda
06-21-12, 01:21 AM
I dislike the taste of Bud Platinum, but I like girls wearing skimpy boxes.

EcSTSatic
06-21-12, 12:21 PM

I don't care for it either.

How many Bud's does it take to get a girl to wear a box?

Submariner409
06-21-12, 02:10 PM
Maker's 46 is too good to mix with anything other than ice cubes and a splash of spring water.

Man was never meant to drink "sweet tea". Strong, straight, tall glass, ice cubes.

Aztec ETC ECS
06-21-12, 02:15 PM
I don't care for it either.

How many Bud's does it take to get a girl to wear a box?

It actually takes 6 shots of Black Haus or Rumple Minze. Whip Cream Vodka works pretty good, too.

ShapeShifter
06-21-12, 02:16 PM
For me, a mixture of cold apple juice and seltzer water.

BIGREECE
06-21-12, 06:17 PM
I understand Sir, old school drinkers know how to do it right:worship:, but I really liked the ginger ale and vanilla extract, I see GENTLEMEN walk down the vodka isle shaking there heads at all the flavored vodkas, Van Gogh vodka has a peanut butter & jelly out now:bigroll:
Maker's 46 is too good to mix with anything other than ice cubes and a splash of spring water.

Man was never meant to drink "sweet tea". Strong, straight, tall glass, ice cubes.

Aztec ETC ECS
06-21-12, 06:26 PM

Bud Platinum needs to be COLD.

Cooler tech tip: Add salt to your cooler ice water to bring the temperature down.

Jesda
06-21-12, 09:58 PM
It actually takes 6 shots of Black Haus or Rumple Minze. Whip Cream Vodka works pretty good, too.

LOL

"Don't be grumpy. Have a rumpy! (And take off your top)"

Aztec ETC ECS
06-22-12, 01:08 PM
My wife used to love champagne, but she gave it up.
She said it made her butt hurt. :noidea:

truckinman
06-22-12, 02:04 PM
Bud Platinum needs to be COLD.

Cooler tech tip: Add salt to your cooler ice water to bring the temperature down.

I do the salt trick all the time. Works like a charm!

cadi509
06-22-12, 09:36 PM
A nice cold ale, stout, mojito, raspberry lemonade or the classic simple mild sweet tea

orconn
06-22-12, 09:45 PM
I almost forgot, I like mint in my sweet tea, but if you want it here in Dixie, you gotta bring your own!

(actually a good idea to bring your own mint cause you never know if some old hound dog might have peed on it!)

Stingroo
06-22-12, 10:19 PM
Bud Platinum is the only low carb beer I've found that's tolerable.

Smiling Jack
06-22-12, 10:48 PM
Make mine a Starbucks iced coffee. I prefer it with extra cream but no sugar.
I asked my Cadillac. She would like a full tank of top tier gasoline with extra Techron but no ethanol.

ryannel2003
06-23-12, 12:56 AM
Sweet tea drinker here. I don't know what I would do if I moved somewhere where it's not an option on the menu.

thebigjimsho
06-23-12, 01:18 AM
Sweet tea drinker here. I don't know what I would do if I moved somewhere where it's not an option on the menu.

Well, since there are McDonald's everywhere...

BIGREECE
06-23-12, 02:26 AM
Well, since there are McDonald's everywhere...

Mc'ds sweet tea isnt that bad, depends on the water source and region you live in " to me ".

BIGREECE
06-28-12, 11:04 PM
I believe ice cold water is the drink of choice for the next several days, stay hydrated everyone:p

Fleet
06-29-12, 12:57 AM
1. Cold water.
2. Vanilla Coke w/two tablespoons of imitation vanilla extract added.

orconn
06-29-12, 01:03 AM
1. Cold water.

Why imitation vanilla extract instead of authentic vanilla extract?

CadillacLuke24
06-29-12, 02:36 AM
I like my Vanilla Soda stronger as well.

Fleet
06-29-12, 05:51 AM
1. Cold water.
Because pure vanilla extract contains alcohol and is more expensive. I have tried pure vanilla a few times and there was little, if any, difference in taste. BTW, "Vanilla Coke" does not have any vanilla listed in the ingredients! I forgot to mention... with ice but not an excessive amount of ice.

Destroyer
07-01-12, 12:28 AM
Rum. Brand don't matter, just so happens it's my favorite summer/fall/winter and spring drink of choice too! :)

thebigjimsho
07-01-12, 01:35 AM
Consumed a majority of a 6 pack of that Sam Adams PorchRocker. It is truly amsome stuff...

talismandave
07-01-12, 01:48 AM
Well I had my first NA beer in about 7months. Second and third too! St Pauli Girl, and Claustaler.