: KW Variant 3 Coil Over System

Kenny9123
06-17-12, 07:14 PM
Anyone have KW under their coupe? Just wanna know how it rides, and if anyone has installed it themselves. How difficult was it. Thanks.

Dr.Ford
07-18-12, 04:00 PM
I have the KW V3 coilovers. They are amazing! I tried the D3 lowering springs first, but didn't get the drop I wanted, even after waiting for them to settle for a month. You can make your car as low as you want with coilovers, and you can adjust the ride stiffness as well. I opted to lower my car so the wheel well opening is at the top of the tire, and kept the factory damping setting, which is basically in the middle. I had a shop install them. If you are installing them yourself and don't have a lift, it might be kind of a pain because you will have to raise and lower your car multiple times to get the ride height you want. But I definitely recommend the KW coilovers!!!

Jagillac
07-18-12, 11:28 PM
I want coil overs really badly. Even more the kw from what I've heard. I'm just having a hard time justifying $3000 on them :-S

Michael_atDell
07-19-12, 12:33 PM
I have the KW V3 coilovers. They are amazing! I tried the D3 lowering springs first, but didn't get the drop I wanted, even after waiting for them to settle for a month. You can make your car as low as you want with coilovers, and you can adjust the ride stiffness as well. I opted to lower my car so the wheel well opening is at the top of the tire, and kept the factory damping setting, which is basically in the middle. I had a shop install them. If you are installing them yourself and don't have a lift, it might be kind of a pain because you will have to raise and lower your car multiple times to get the ride height you want. But I definitely recommend the KW coilovers!!!

Did you sell your D3 springs?