: which tire?

perrocadillacero
06-17-12, 07:19 PM
I would like to hear recommendations on the best tires to use on 18 inch rims on my 2007 Escalade EXT.

hcvone
06-18-12, 07:53 AM
Welcome :) Best for what? Wear, Ride, Highway, Snow? What area of the country do you live?

perrocadillacero
06-24-12, 05:53 AM
Hi. Thanks for replying.
Ride, good handling and also lack of noise are what I am after. Wear is not a concern.
I live in Spain( very warm 6 months of the year), and often the roads are not exactly excellent in this area -- bumpy and very slippery when wet. Even the freeways often have smooth bump after smooth bump that tends to create a porpoise effect.
Snow is a factor for a month or two when I travel, but I would probably prefer to fit snow tires for that period.
I would appreciate any advice or shared knowledge and experience.
Thanks.
Perrocadillacero.

zogg
06-25-12, 09:11 AM
Just bought an 07 EXT and it needed new tires....as part of the deal I got a set of new Nexen 22" tires. Never heard of them before, but they look good and are super quiet. I find them to be really good on wet roads and dry roads. Afterwards I found a set at tirebuyer.com for about $700, so I am sure the dealer paid a lot less. But, so far they seem really good and I talked to a guy that had a set on a truck...he loves them and say he paid way less than for most any other brand.

bruin300
06-25-12, 10:49 AM
I put a set of 22" Nexen Roadian HP. They are much better then the OEM. They handle great on both dry and wet surfaces.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-26-12, 05:17 PM
Hi Perrocadillacero! I hope all goes well with your tire search and wanted to add that Spain's Cadillac Customer Assistance team is available via email at Cadillac.europe@gm.com and via phone at 00800-8680-8800 if you would like further assistance.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

perrocadillacero
08-10-12, 04:54 AM
Hi. I am still looking for info and recommendations/ experience with quiet, good handling tires on 18 inch rims for my 07 ext. Any advice would be appreciated. It's getting urgent.
Thanks,
Perrocadillacero.