: Cadillac Should go Super-Lux on Several Models

bobbythebuilder
12-01-04, 12:51 AM
I have been hearing of Caddy's possible plans to put the Sixteen, or something like it into production. I believe this is as much for image as anything. If Caddy does look upmarket, I think they could also build "Super-Luxury" versions of the new upcoming Deville and STS. Why not look in the $70-$100K range. These cars could have styling differences to set them apart from the "regular" models, as well as a bump in engine power. (Not much is needed) Mainly, on the inside, really go nuts. Why not have leather covering the ENTIRE seat, back and all, dash, doorpanels, etc, like on a Bentley or MB 600 series? If you ever sit in a Bentley, they make everything nice, even the dash vents. Add lots of real nice wood, and a super sound system. Even go for the suede headliner, etc. We don't have to make a Bentley, just go part of the way. For the styling, come up with distinctive changes, something to really catch the eye.(i'm not sure what, or I'd suggest it!!) Maybe pull the Fleetwood name out. (They'd probably change it to FTD, FWD, FLTWD, FLTWEED, ha ha ha) Anyway, Looking at all of the stuff people put on these cars, for better or worse, like rag tops, vogues, rims, extra trim, grilles, etc there must be a market for some increased price, although I'm definately not suggesting a return to the factory rag top! I think Caddy's margins would be fine as well.

Adam
12-04-04, 05:03 PM
i think it would be real cool if Cadillac made something to compete with Bentleys and Rolls Royces and all. something to compete with the Maybach (sp?). after all, Cadillac did compete with RR in the past. it would be nice for them to make a return.

Sinister Angel
12-08-04, 11:12 AM
I think the Sixteen would be a great competitor to RR and Maybach.