: Service suspension system message

Mxz71
06-17-12, 11:57 AM
Last night I pulled my air ride compressor due to the "Service suspension system" message. I haven't paid attention until recently when I noticed that the compressor was never coming on. After stripping the unit down I am thinking that the compressor hasn't run for a long time as the DC rotor was very stiff. Long story short, one of the two wires on the air end solenoid had corroded and came apart completely. I cleaned the entire unit up and lubricated the rotor bearings. I then applied 12VDC o the leads (Brushes looked good) and it ran great. So I reassembled the unit and installed it back in what has to be the stupidest location for any device (Behind the drivers side rear wheel). Turned the key and it works like new! I really wish that I had taken pictures to post here but will do so next time. My point in posting this is that if you are any bit mechanically inclined and do not hear your compressor firing, it might very well be an inexpensive and very easy fix. Just FYI

Thanks
Nate

MrHolland
06-17-12, 05:10 PM
That's great to know!! Thanks for the info

evois
06-17-12, 08:53 PM
Good info! I think they should have placed it in the middle. But there is no room. Engine bay would have a lot of heat.

hcvone
06-18-12, 06:52 AM
Good post Nate, have seen some that look a thousand years old because of dirt and debris

SouthernCaddy
06-21-12, 05:07 PM
hey I think I have the same problem as I just posted. Do you know where the fuse is before I pull it? and what did you have to take off to get it out?