: 2012 Cts-v Pricing

Ste_V_e
06-16-12, 07:42 AM
Hey Guys I'm looking to add another V to the collection. What kind of pricing can I expect to pay for a new 12? Are dealers willing to go under 60?

TriTexan
06-16-12, 10:19 AM
With a base MSRP of $64,500 I guess you aren't wanting ANY options? No sunroof, no recaros, no wood trim, no optional wheels...I don't see how you'll get a new one for under $60 with anything added.

M5eater
06-16-12, 10:26 AM
With a base MSRP of $64,500 I guess you aren't wanting ANY options? No sunroof, no recaros, no wood trim, no optional wheels...I don't see how you'll get a new one for under $60 with anything added.
It's entirely possible if you're willing to wait for the right incentive to come along

I received 6100 in cost cap reductions on my 12 alone.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-19-12, 01:27 PM
Happy to hear you're in the market for another V, Ste_V_e! I'd recommend checking kbb.com and Edmunds.com for more helpful pricing info. (GM neither maintains nor endorses these sites, however, and will not be responsible for their contents.) I see you've gotten some excellent feedback already, and feel free to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Enjoy your car shopping,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Satin69
06-19-12, 03:17 PM
I would think it would be hard to be under $60k. As said above, even bare bone is ~$65k.... IMO the Recarros are well worth the extra...

cadillaxe
06-24-12, 10:12 AM
I would think it would be hard to be under $60k. As said above, even bare bone is ~$65k.... IMO the Recarros are well worth the extra...

just posted on another thread too, but as stated above, $65k is base and Recarros are well worth it. Right now there's a $3500 incentive on leases for V's only, NOT on purchases. Dealer was surprised about the lease incentive, told me not to expect anything on the purchases. V's are in high demand it's just like when i bought that bmw s1000rr, no negotiation, had to beg them to throw in a $100 service manual cd.

i've heard if you know someone at GM, they can give you a "supplier" or "friends & family" coupon, though i don't know how much it's worth. sounds like 2-3% on the high side.

cadillaxe
07-13-12, 08:23 PM
dealer emailed yesterday that 0% for 3 yr note and 1.9% for 5 yr note on a cts V coupe. Also didn't realize that even though normal sales tax is 8.125%, sales tax on that car is only 6.25%.

Unfortunately, got another email though stating they just whacked 40% of the sales force yesterday and good chance our group is next. #*&*(%$#!!!

MikeG-V
07-13-12, 08:44 PM
This is a good question

Recommend:

1. See if your (or spouse') employer is on the gm supplier list
2. Never negotiate on site, always over phone
3. Try a middle man, broker (ie autonation)
4. Hit them up near the end of the month
5. Google incentives, coupons for sale
6. If you can, wait for gas prices to go up.
7. Find out when the '12s stop production (if that's what you want)
8. Consumer Reports has some data on where they are trading (worth the few $ it costs)

Anyone else got any other tricks, please chime in.

Good luck,

M

RGaret
07-13-12, 09:49 PM
This is a good question

Recommend:

1. See if your (or spouse') employer is on the gm supplier list
2. Never negotiate on site, always over phone
3. Try a middle man, broker (ie autonation)
4. Hit them up near the end of the month
5. Google incentives, coupons for sale
6. If you can, wait for gas prices to go up.
7. Find out when the '12s stop production (if that's what you want)
8. Consumer Reports has some data on where they are trading (worth the few $ it costs)

Anyone else got any other tricks, please chime in.

Good luck,

M

I got my V sedan in May. GM supplier discount and other incentives came to 10k. US bank lease rate was very good, around 1%.

cadillaxe
07-13-12, 10:10 PM
I got my V sedan in May. GM supplier discount and other incentives came to 10k. US bank lease rate was very good, around 1%.

do you know what the GM supplier discount was worth by chance? i was told by the guy that can get one he won't know for sure until he requests it.

FrcFed
07-14-12, 09:36 AM
^^Good question, ive been working with a dealership in Houston and they have told me the employee discount is only 3591 on a 72k car...pretty sure its BS, but it looks like there is 2k in cash offers right now. 1K for all 2012 cadis and another 1K for if you have own another GM car. But as of right now its like 67k for a TGC 6m with sunroof, wood and suede intererior, recaros, black wheels. Had read some other stuff and thought the discount was way more then that, need to check with a dealership and see what they say before I buy.

cadillaxe
07-14-12, 02:18 PM
^^Good question, ive been working with a dealership in Houston and they have told me the employee discount is only 3591 on a 72k car...pretty sure its BS, but it looks like there is 2k in cash offers right now. 1K for all 2012 cadis and another 1K for if you have own another GM car. But as of right now its like 67k for a TGM 6m with sunroof, wood and suede intererior, recaros, black wheels. Had read some other stuff and thought the discount was way more then that, need to check with a dealership and see what they say before I buy.

i wouldn't be able to get an employee discount, just the supplier discount, which i thought was only 2-3%. not sure though. they give another 1k if you own a GM car already? hmm, have to ask about that one. the base price (no discounts) for what i'd selected was 70,450. that's from the site with sunroof, black rims, recaros, leather shift/wheel.

CoppeR
07-14-12, 04:40 PM
https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/ip-vpp/do/vehicle-eligibility#tab_home

Click on 'Price Your Vehicle' and it'll show the difference. A $72,000 msrp I priced out came to $68,245 but u cant use ur GM Card earnings ($1500, if u have the card). Plus the $1000 cash back for '12s. So it depends how much u can talk them closer to invoice and use the GM Card earnings.

Stillborn
07-14-12, 09:25 PM
have you considered a low mile cpo V? many can be found for under 50k. if you spend another 1800.00 you can have it warrantied up to 10yrs 100k. it's apple vs apples after that. i got an 09 with 12,000 miles fully loaded for 48k. it took me @ 18 months to find exactly what i wanted, but they are out there. i will never pay the vig on a new car purchase, because as soon as you leave the parking lot you lose @ 7 grand instantly. my car will never go below 40 grand (mileage dependant) in value. so 8 grand after 10 yrs is great deal. or is my logic skewed?

FrcFed
07-14-12, 11:23 PM
^^ Makes alot of sense, i was trying to find a dealership demo car or a GM company car and the prices are very good. I was just never able to find the right combo of options. I just ran the numbers for a 2012 with employee discount:
http://prod3.gmautobuilder.com/BuildYourOwn/GMFamilyFirst.byo?priceformula=EM
MSRP 72,800
Preferred 68,955
cash Allowance 1000
Employee Vehicle allowance 2000
Total 65,955

Quote i got for the same options on a 2013 was 67,900. My guess is the cash allowance is gone and the base price went up 1000, will confirm on Monday and get all the details.

Dealership had previously quoted me for a 2012 MSRP 72,290 // 3591 Employee disc // 2,000 rebates = 66,698

cadillaxe
07-15-12, 09:22 AM
have you considered a low mile cpo V? many can be found for under 50k. if you spend another 1800.00 you can have it warrantied up to 10yrs 100k. it's apple vs apples after that. i got an 09 with 12,000 miles fully loaded for 48k. it took me @ 18 months to find exactly what i wanted, but they are out there. i will never pay the vig on a new car purchase, because as soon as you leave the parking lot you lose @ 7 grand instantly. my car will never go below 40 grand (mileage dependant) in value. so 8 grand after 10 yrs is great deal. or is my logic skewed?

w/o a doubt that's a more wise approach. but if i can swing one, it'll be the coupe, and even the '11s i see for sale is nothing less than $61-62K. for that much, as much as i hate the idea of new car depreciation, i'd just get the new one, especially if it's a little break on interest or supplier discount, which i think only applies to new ones, right?

Karch
07-15-12, 05:57 PM
Supplier only applies to new, but I have twice beaten supplier pricing.

CoppeR
07-15-12, 07:44 PM
I figure if ur paying $62K for used, cough up the extra $5 for brand new (after u wheel n deal) and get exactly what you want.

cadillaxe
07-15-12, 08:05 PM
I figure if ur paying $62K for used, cough up the extra $5 for brand new (after u wheel n deal) and get exactly what you want. my thoughts exactly.

Stillborn
07-15-12, 08:27 PM
a fool and his money soon split. :thepan:

cadillaxe
07-16-12, 07:34 AM
a fool and his money soon split. :thepan:

i also noticed a recovering drunk and his bipolar wife are soon split as well.:gah:

cadillaxe
10-25-12, 09:39 PM
Yeah, this just makes me want one that much more. wow. One more reason to love TX, and one more reason to love CTS'V's.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/10/25/car-hits-220-mph-on-new-texas-highway/

mrkool
10-25-12, 11:30 PM
My company does a GM Supplier discount but i did not know about it till i bought the car :( i got the car for 62k though i got 3k for owning a non GM luxury vehicle dunno what the 7k was for may be incentivs of some kind the price was below invoice. Car was 72500 so i got 10500 off. Navy federal credit union did 72 months at 1.99