: Beat by a F-250 at the strip!

Motown Cad
06-16-12, 01:09 AM
Not Really.....I won the race but he won the dial in time.

But it was fun catching a truck 1/3 of the way down the drag strip:) So I did better my second time at Budds Creek. For some reason my buttons wouldn't work trying to get into stability disable on first pass. Went 14 flat again.
On second pass, I got it disabled but argh......about 4 wheel hops, yet 14.1.
So on my third pass which was eliminations, I dialed in a 14.05, switched lanes, and put it in competitive driving mode and hooked like a big dog. That felt good. Still new to this and trying to learn launch on lights. They say go on third yellow before green but it seems so long. Then I found out the "staged" area is 11 inches long. But the best part for me was I ran 13.75 @ 104. Sweet the noob breaks 14. "With the sticks in the trunk."

So this cool but even though I like draggin, I know this isn't the best platform for it. BTW saw a LX mustang stand it up and continued to let er rip. He scratched his bumper from 35-40 feet and stayed up there to about 90-100 ft. and still won. It was a big slam back to earth for front end but believe it or not it seemed to handle it. This was X275 class stock suspension. Anyway cool night. Edit: Clubs were in the trunk on first pass only.

mberisha
06-16-12, 05:21 AM
Hahah...very nice!

odthetruth
06-16-12, 05:33 AM
Whats your setup? Stock suspension?
I'm doing alot of bushing changes... adding a diff block, BMR kit, CS diff bushing, etc in the next week or so. I'm hoping to reduce wheelhop. I know it won't reduce it much, but so its not bone jarring at the track. In the street right now, it doesn't bother much.

Motown Cad
06-16-12, 10:35 AM
I'm stock w/ FG2's(?) black n purple shocks and a K&N CAI. That 55 Chevy left me in the box. Old timer who consistently has .010 launches. I'm not satisfied with the amount of space left open with the K&N shield. I am going to fab a better shield and stick heat shield on it and will post with pics.
Not sure how hard it is, but what some honda guys showed me was that they take out their headlight and get a ram air effect on their intakes. It would definitely work on our cars as well. I just haven't removed a headlight yet and am not really into messing with headlights at track.

Motown Cad
06-16-12, 10:49 AM
Whats your setup? Stock suspension?
I'm doing alot of bushing changes... adding a diff block, BMR kit, CS diff bushing, etc in the next week or so. I'm hoping to reduce wheelhop. I know it won't reduce it much, but so its not bone jarring at the track. In the street right now, it doesn't bother much.

Sorry, but yes the wheel hop is nasty. It is so bone jarring i can see why stuff breaks when it happens. Plus it gives you that "wow this isn't cool AT ALL" feeling. I try an launch around 25-2800 and lay into pedal in an increasing manner. I'm just wondering how many passes it took to get that 13.01 by GM.

alradco
06-16-12, 01:03 PM
Very nice. Love that you left the clubs in :)

PISNUOFF
06-16-12, 05:16 PM
My buddies Dmax runs 12's. He smoked (literally and figuratively) a fox body 5.0.

Motown Cad
06-16-12, 09:35 PM
Oh I conveniently forgot to mention that i weighed the car after second run. It came in at exactly 4100lbs! Is that bad? :yup: I better start riding bike more.

pato
06-17-12, 01:51 AM
I'm stock w/ FG2's(?) black n purple shocks and a K&N CAI. That 55 Chevy left me in the box. Old timer who consistently has .010 launches. I'm not satisfied with the amount of space left open with the K&N shield. I am going to fab a better shield and stick heat shield on it and will post with pics.
Not sure how hard it is, but what some honda guys showed me was that they take out their headlight and get a ram air effect on their intakes. It would definitely work on our cars as well. I just haven't removed a headlight yet and am not really into messing with headlights at track.

The front bumper has to come off to remove the headlight.