: Open Road Race?

Satin69
06-15-12, 02:54 PM
Has anyone done this? I have read about it over the last couple of weeks and would love to get involved. There is one here in TX but the waiting list is a year out...

FLTRI
06-15-12, 03:34 PM
Yes, I'v done SSCC several times, I've also worked the event as a tech inspector. One of my friends said it best, "Most fun I've ever had with my pants still on".

Good info here: http://www.sscc.us/

I'm probably going to run my wagon in Touring this fall as I don't have five points for it yet.

baabootoo
06-16-12, 01:11 AM
Which TX one? Is this the Big Bend Open Road Race? That's in April, but if you get the paperwork in timely, you can get in. There's one in Nebraska each August, the SORC, and that one fills up 11 months in advance.

Satin69
06-18-12, 12:44 PM
I am thinking of doing the SSCC this year as well. It will be a bit of a drive for me but I am sure the fun will far out weight the diesel cost. Since the OP, I have found that SSCC is the only one that can be entered this year. The BBORR and the SORC fill up in less than a couple of days after the event. Does anyone know of any others?

On another note- I had my first track day this past Saturday and fell in love. Having a great car is one thing. Getting to drive your fast car is another...