: The Cadillac Challenge Officially Coming to the East Coast!!!

CadillacRace
06-14-12, 08:08 PM
Los Angeles, CA – The Cadillac Challenge has announced that they will add (3) new events to the 2012 series at selected tracks on the east coast. The move comes from increased support from the east coast contingent of Cadillac owners and their passion to use their vehicles in a manner in which it was engineered.

The official dates are as follows:
• July 13-15, 2012 Pocono Raceway
• August 3-5, 2012 New Jersey Motorsports Park (Lightning Course)
• September 28-30 Watkins Glen

Official timing for the challenge will take place on the last day of each event unless otherwise noted on the schedule. Each competing car will have (4) run sessions throughout the day to setup and learn the track. Sessions 1-2 will be used throughout the day to determine pre-grid qualification for each corresponding session. The quickest times in the previous session will determine pre-grid for each following session. The 3rd & 4th session of the day will hold the actual time attack runs. All quickest times leading up to the third session will be cleared for the final two sessions. Points and awards will be decided by who records the quickest time for their class in the last two sessions of the day. Results will be released after the final run group has competed and all the times are then compared. Winners will be announced by classification.

The 3 races will be used to lay the foundation for a full season in 2013. “We are excited to see the brand expand its reach across the nation. It was always one of our goals to make this a nationwide series. We look forward to seeing the unity continue within the Cadillac Challenge community and we are sure the new participants will enjoy this new format.” says Craig Adams, Official Steward of the Cadillac Challenge.

The Cadillac Challenge is an event/series exclusively for Cadillac Automobiles. The Challenge pits drivers and their Cadillac’s against the clock in a “Time-Attack” format. Competition takes place at real race tracks with all cars on the grid at once – all of which are competing for the fastest lap time.

For more information please visit www.cadillacrace.com

CadillacRace
06-14-12, 08:36 PM

Chrispy
06-14-12, 08:44 PM
Awesome!

Purple87SS
06-15-12, 08:44 AM
I may have to come down and checkout the race at NJ Motorsports Park, as its only 45 minutes away! Sweet.

ctsvracingalan
06-16-12, 05:18 PM
Looking forward to the repaved tricky triange speeds in excess of 160mph our cars really handle well at Pocono. It is important for those who want to join us sign up before it is sold out. If you have any questions feel free to email me directly. Alan@CTSVRacing.com

Alan
Patriot Missile
CTSVRacing.com

ctsvracingalan
06-16-12, 05:20 PM
NASA Racing is a great organization they have excellent instruction for first time drivers, I am instructing that weekend as well.

Alan
Patriot Missile

Dr. Design
06-18-12, 01:36 PM
Looking forward to this new series of events on the east coast. As much fun as it is out here, I am sure you guys are going to have to a blast doing this! For those that are on the fence about doing this, DO IT! Our customers that participate in this say its the best way to fully experience what your car can do legally in a controlled environment. The operative word there is "legally".

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Rule12b
06-18-12, 02:43 PM
How will this affect point standings and such for the season as a whole? Needless to say, not many people will be making races on both coasts. . .

Dr. Design
06-18-12, 03:00 PM
If I am not mistaken Craig mentioned that the points are East Coast / West Coast. Two different standings.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

How will this affect point standings and such for the season as a whole? Needless to say, not many people will be making races on both coasts. . .

Junior1
06-18-12, 09:01 PM
Would a NASA ST2 car be OK to run in this ?
What kind of classes are being run ?

Junior1
06-19-12, 01:05 AM
Hopefully it will be done in time for Pocono, otherwise NJMP and The Glen seem doable...

Rule12b
06-19-12, 07:08 PM
As long as its a cadillac it can participate in the cadillac challenge. Someone should run a Cimarron and a Catera. After all, they zig. lol

Dr. Design
07-02-12, 10:42 PM
I know this is pretty new to some of the east coast guys. But the guys that are participating in this on the west coast are having a blast! I like this series because it gives first timers to old hats an opportunity to get together with other Cadillac owners and compare times, notes, driving lines, braking points, etc... I know we are looking into seeing if we can get one or maybe two of the west coast cars out for one of the east coast events. Cadillac corporate has their eyes all over these events too. So there will be some great visibility moving forward.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Less than two weeks until the first east coast challenge. Lets get a head count going. A forum member will be dropping his car off at our workshop tomorrow. Lowering springs, sway bars plus more to help him on the track. If anyone else is looking for add ons before the event do not wait for the last minute.
It will be hot on the track in mid July so you must flush your brake fluid with #3 or 4. An oil change before and after the event and depending on millage a rear diff fluid change.

There will be prizes on hand from Race Ramps and additional goodies from the guys at D3 and CTSV Racing.

Whos coming?

EricVonHa
07-03-12, 01:29 AM
One question: do the Cadillacs have their own run group? Or, lumped in with the TT crowd?

M5eater
07-03-12, 09:08 AM
Can't make it to the first event, might see if I can make it to the one in August though, looks great!

EricVonHa
07-03-12, 02:07 PM
I think I answered my own question about whether or not there are separate run groups for the Cadillac or not.

NASA draws large crowds over these 3 day events. There will be 100+ registered drivers who will compete in most everything from HPDE1-4, Time Trials, and sprint races.

I checked the weekend schedule for the Pocono event and there's nothing on the schedule for the Cadillac series. This indicates that the Cadillac group will be lumped in with the regular time trial entrants.

Good luck to anyone that enters. Bring racing slicks to be competitive :-)

BigDog001
07-03-12, 09:40 PM
Less than two weeks until the first east coast challenge. Lets get a head count going. A forum member will be dropping his car off at our workshop tomorrow. Lowering springs, sway bars plus more to help him on the track. If anyone else is looking for add ons before the event do not wait for the last minute.
It will be hot on the track in mid July so you must flush your brake fluid with #3 or 4. An oil change before and after the event and depending on millage a rear diff fluid change.

There will be prizes on hand from Race Ramps and additional goodies from the guys at D3 and CTSV Racing.

Whos coming?

I am planning to be there -- possibly both Saturday and Sunday. Should be fun!