: 4T60E Trans............

Bhubbs
11-30-04, 09:44 PM
My 93' STS's shift solenoids are bad! Well that is what the transmission shop tells me. However they told me their people refuse to work on this model due to the intense labor. How they can call themselves transmission techs i dont know. For this model do i have to drop the entire trans or is it just like the 4T80E where it is just the valve body and check balls?

Thanks
Brandon

growe3
12-01-04, 02:02 AM
Not quiet sure what you are asking. The only transmission that came with the 93' STS was the 4T80E.

It is a bit of a messy job, but can be done at home. Search the archives for some posts on the procedure.

-George

BeelzeBob
12-01-04, 11:27 AM
My 93' STS's shift solenoids are bad! Well that is what the transmission shop tells me. However they told me their people refuse to work on this model due to the intense labor. How they can call themselves transmission techs i dont know. For this model do i have to drop the entire trans or is it just like the 4T80E where it is just the valve body and check balls?

Thanks
Brandon

Yea, your car has a 4T80E in it. Replacing the trans shift solenoids is a relatively easy job. If these guys cannot handle it I would have no confidence in anything that they can do....LOL. You simply have to drop the bottom pan, remove the valve body, replace the solenoids and reinstall the valve body. For a trans shop it is a simple task I would think. It isn't even THAT hard for a DIY'er.....

Bhubbs
12-01-04, 09:39 PM
Yes this is what i thought but i guess the have something agansit cadillacs....go figure. Well im going to start on it tomorrow. I have read up on how to replace them and i had planned on doing it but i took it to get the codes read and they told me it was a harder job because it was the 4T60E trans. After your all's help and reading on previous posts there is no way that the 60E could be in my car. Thank God...........

Thanks
Brandon