: Performance ideas. Need help!

corygoldsmith
06-14-12, 03:04 PM
I have '09 3.6 liter cts sedan. What are some options I have. Obviously I know about intake and exhaust. But past that there isn't much I could find online. Y'all have any ideas and links I can find them. Thanks

BNRacing
06-15-12, 08:19 PM
Trifecta tune from us! Best bang for your buck mod.

corygoldsmith
06-16-12, 12:39 AM
Where are you located and what exactly is the benefits to a tune? I would need to do that after my exhaust and intake correct?

tinman
06-18-12, 02:19 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-cadillac-cts-performance-mods/251844-my-trifecta-ecm-tcm-tuning-experience.html

kingtj
06-18-12, 04:44 PM
Not all will agree with me, but IMO (as someone who has the Trifecta tune), just do it first if you don't have lots of cash to blow on mods all at once.

It not only tunes the engine computer for optimized performance but it really helps improve the shift points programmed into the automatic transmission. That second part gives you a more noticeable improvement than anything else you'd do with a new intake or exhaust....

If you decide you want a new exhaust and/or intake later on, you can always data-log after they're installed, submit your info, and get your tune modified for those changes. But from everything I've read, I'm not convinced a new exhaust nets you much of anything besides a louder, more throaty sound ... and the custom intakes give marginal HP increases, not differences you can really feel in everyday driving.

Where are you located and what exactly is the benefits to a tune? I would need to do that after my exhaust and intake correct?

corygoldsmith
06-19-12, 09:46 AM
I like the idea of the Dino. Is the programmable one close to the actually Dino. How would I upgrade it if I added exhaust and/or an intake if I have to send the starter kit that has the cables back. And are these upgrades free?

austin
06-19-12, 07:26 PM
Trifecta tune from us! Best bang for your buck mod.

I am considering your tune but would like to see a before and after dyno sheet for a 2012 3.6 CTS. I have made this request before to someone else but did not receive a reply. I'm sure it's a good tune, but I would like to see exactly what can be expected out of it for HP and TRQ gains before ordering. Could you possibly post a dyno sheet for a 2012 3.6 CTS engine that has no other mods besides your Trifecta tune. Tnx. :)

BNRacing
06-30-12, 02:09 AM
I don't have access to a 3.6 that is stock to do a comparison on but I can show you a 3.6 camaro sheet. I mean if you aren't satisfied with our tune I would happily refund you. Ive yet to have a single unhappy customer. We typically gain 15-20hp but the biggest improvement is the TCM tuning.

concorso
07-03-12, 12:59 PM
I am considering your tune but would like to see a before and after dyno sheet for a 2012 3.6 CTS. I have made this request before to someone else but did not receive a reply. I'm sure it's a good tune, but I would like to see exactly what can be expected out of it for HP and TRQ gains before ordering. Could you possibly post a dyno sheet for a 2012 3.6 CTS engine that has no other mods besides your Trifecta tune. Tnx. :)Looking for the highest numbers isnt smart. Look for who gets good numbers while staying in safe margins. Ive read nothing but good about Trifecta.

tinman
07-03-12, 01:52 PM
Austin, did you read the 73 posts on the thread I linked above (post #4)? Lots of information on the Trifecta Tune.