: Rattle, Squeak, Click, Rub, Grind and Rock

VTKE
06-14-12, 08:27 AM
what a great experience my 2012 wagon has been. under 2K on the OD and sounds like 200K. gotta love this car!

thank you for viewing this worthless thread created out of complete disgust and frustration.

smackdownCTSV
06-14-12, 09:28 AM
Supercharger rattle, seat squeak, wheel click, seat rock?

Griffin337
06-14-12, 10:58 AM
+1 .. I definitely have a love hate relationship with my car.. I want to love it but there is always some BS going on with it.. #1 issue for me right now is the damn seat. How the dealer cant feel the movement is beyond me.. It pisses me off everytime i drive it.

neuronbob
06-14-12, 12:16 PM

You forgot diff grind. :)

Xaqtly
06-14-12, 01:47 PM
Sunroof creak too :)

larry arizona
06-14-12, 02:07 PM
I must be deaf. I have none of those on my V with 7500 miles. I may have heard a roof creak with it open going over a steep approach to a parking lot at slow speed. recaros dont rock or creak and I weight 235lbs, Wheels dont click although I have them done in PVD black chrome and the surface of the wheel that touches the rotor is also done in PVD. Diff is fine so far. My SC isolator never rattled but I replaced it with a solid one.

Houdini
06-14-12, 03:17 PM
I've got over 13k on my 2010 now and no seat rocking, no isolator rattle, and no wheel clicking (yet). I do have a sunroof creak every time i back out of my driveway on to the road (inclined bump) if it is hot outside. It is minor though and I would have to think any car would do that. Diff is whisper quiet. When I have my cutouts open I can hear a few extra buzzes/rattles in the a-pillar trim and maybe a rattle near the passenger seat but that is to be expected with the crazy additional resonance the exhaust creates.

Jbauer47
06-14-12, 04:05 PM
what a great experience my 2012 wagon has been. under 2K on the OD and sounds like 200K. gotta love this car!

thank you for viewing this worthless thread created out of complete disgust and frustration.

Welcome to Cadillac. If it wasn't for 556hp and a manual transmission. This car would have been gone a while ago. Def my last GM. (Unless the next vette kicks $&@)

Airfoto
06-14-12, 04:27 PM
I fully understand your position - I have 4500 miles on mine and it is a rattle trap at slow speeds - the worst part is CADILLAC - is reppresented by dealers that don't have any knowledge about the car - tech's that all they want to do is drive the car not fix it and service managers / underwritters that don't have any integrety - they just don't care! I would tell everyone not to take your car to the local Riverside dealer - very poor attitudes and customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 2 trips back to the dealership on the same item - I put the car up on jacks and fixed the problem myself - what's the point of going to a place that doesn't listen to you so they can fix the car - they really don't care! While it was up I sprayed WD40 on everything that I thought that needed it under the car ( I used WD40 to validate my thoughts - it'll wear off soon and will then spray silicon on those same parts ) - took away most of the squeaks for a while anyway!

I like the car alot - CTS V Wagon - BUTT - WILL NEVER BUY another Cadillac and this one is gone next year - good thing I got a deal on the car at a different dealership then where I have to take it - maybe that's the problem - since I didn't buy at the local dealer because they didn't have what I wanted - or they didn't want to trade another dealer and I didn't want to order a 2013!

Chrispy
06-14-12, 04:32 PM

Sorry to hear....my 2012 Wagon is silent like a bank vault. (Base seats and no sunroof)

neuronbob
06-14-12, 05:16 PM
Despite my joking above, my car is quiet as a tomb at now just a few miles under 40k. I just have a couple of electronic gremlins to get rid of, as noted in another thread, as well as replacement of my front rotors with the 2-piece units, and I'lll be back to 100% pleased with the car.

TriTexan
06-14-12, 05:38 PM
Tomb. Bank Vault. Morgue. That's my relatively new 2012 Wagon. No sunroof, but I have the Recaros. No wheel click (yet). No squeaks (still new?). It's really solid so far except for the soft plastic center console that scratches when you breathe on it too hard. Otherwise, it's the strong, silent type.

thebigjimsho
06-14-12, 09:07 PM
37k miles on my '09. I have Recaros and a moonroof. Not a peep. And mine has been tracked...hard...

Blakester
06-14-12, 10:01 PM
Maybe time for a change

lilred
06-15-12, 10:43 AM
Turn up the radio. My no sunroof car is quite as a mouse. Even the wheels don't click, and the Recaros don't rock. I'm convinced the sunroofs are the root of all evils in these cars. :)

DangFoo
06-15-12, 10:58 AM
My moonroof has the normal flex noises that every Lexus and BMW I've sat in also make.

Now that the diff was replaced; fully quiet ride here too - too quiet: needs an obnoxious exhaust now.

VTKE
06-15-12, 11:27 AM
You forgot diff grind. :)

that's the "grind" :)

VTKE
06-15-12, 11:28 AM
Sunroof creak too :)

that's the "squeak" :) i have them all !!!

VTKE
06-15-12, 11:29 AM
Welcome to Cadillac. If it wasn't for 556hp and a manual transmission. This car would have been gone a while ago. Def my last GM. (Unless the next vette kicks $&@)

Amen brother!! the power is the only reason to keep this car. it is my last GM though, sad to say...

VTKE
06-15-12, 11:31 AM
Maybe time for a change

too new. two years tops... bye bye Cadi.

VTKE
06-15-12, 11:36 AM

you name it... i have it... rattles throughout the interior are driving me mad.

VTKE
06-15-12, 11:38 AM
thank you everyone for not ripping me for bashing on my car. i have been loyal to GM for 30 years now, but have reached the end of my tolerance with the "we don't only build luxury cars, we build Cadillacs".

anyway, hit the gas and forget the past...

CadzillaTN
06-15-12, 12:20 PM
Union labor and stupid dealers ruin what could be a quality product and ownership experience for EVERY customer. Fix those 2 problems and sales would triple.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-15-12, 01:10 PM
If any of you want to begin a formal service request to address your specific vehicle concerns or if you'd like me to officially document any additional feedback you want to provide, I'm always a direct message or email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) away! I just finished documenting this thread where GM departments can access it, and I wanted to thank everyone for their helpful criticism and suggestions!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

catalina08
06-15-12, 01:32 PM
My 2001 eldorado has a nasty grinding groaning noise when breaking or going slow speed, rotors and brakes have been changed but still makes noise ??!

cdog533
06-15-12, 04:26 PM
If any of you want to begin a formal service request to address your specific vehicle concerns or if you'd like me to officially document any additional feedback you want to provide, I'm always a direct message or email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) away! I just finished documenting this thread where GM departments can access it, and I wanted to thank everyone for their helpful criticism and suggestions!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Katie, we love you, but one of the main problems we face is the incompetent dealers. They make the little manufacturing issues with the car unresolvable.

Caddy needs to undertake some sort of training to educate everyone there, from the porter to the advisor to the tech, on how to actually CARE about the cars they service. Look at the issues that have been detailed on this forum. A lot of the issues are dealer related, not car related. And the car-related issues could be resolved with dealers/tech/advisors that are actually competent at their jobs and just plain old give a damn.

Let's take my wheel-click case:

- Wheels click
- Take to dealer for TSB, they order new wheels as per TSB
- Go back. Incompetent tech scratches wheels to hell installing them. I get car, laugh at scratched up wheels, tell them to order another set of new wheels and fire 20-yr. old tech
- Go back. Someone installs new wheels with car. But they still click.
- Go back with new TSB in hand for cleaning hubs. I warn them about scratching the wheels. They do TSB. Wheels click worse than before. Now back wheels click too.

So, GM is out all that labor, THREE sets of wheels, and still no fix. And people go through the same thing with the Recaro rock, with the sunroof issues, with the whining diffs.

The core issue is that dealers and techs aren't really accountable to anyone. They kind of answer to GM, but the relationship is very loose and non-commital. What you need is to hire a Customer Experience Officer or something that goes to each dealership, watches them work on cars for a week, and then gives them a week of schooling on what they are doing wrong and how to fix it. They could cover such issues as:

- Don't scratch the car
- Don't get greasy fingerprints everywhere
- Don't scratch up interior pieces
- Don't drive car more than necessary
- etc.

Just some way for the parent company to enforce standards and accountability in the dealer's service depts. The cars have evolved to BMW standards; the service depts. are still set up for '85 Eldorado Birratzes driven by blue-haired grandmas.

buddyg
06-15-12, 07:20 PM
You guys must have gotten cars built on Friday when the boys have already checked out for the week or Monday when their still hung over from the weekend!
I have 25,000 quiet, trouble free miles and I wouldn't trade my car for any other four door sedan. I will DEFINITELY buy another V!

Incidentally my car was built on a Tuesday.

curvedinfinity
06-15-12, 07:30 PM
I have two other GM cars that haven't had the kind of issues my CTS-V has, so its just the car, not the whole company. But really, I don't think its that bad. The issues are minor, even though for me there were plenty of them. I guess coming from a racing background has me desensitized to little noises and niggling issues. If it runs it runs. Its a very high performance machine and needs a relatively low amount of maintenance and care for its performance level. It can drive on the road, right onto the track, and right back off with zero reconfiguration. A lot of other cars in the price bracket will boil their brake fluid, puke their coolant out, and mutilate their gearboxes while the CTS-V is just getting warmed up. Its an impressive machine, and I can tell it was sporty before it was refined, and that's fine by me.

visualguy
06-15-12, 07:45 PM
The dealers aren't the only problem. Ideally, the car would be designed and built in such a way as to minimize the chance of problems that would require attention. The best strategy with dealers/mechanics is to stay away from them - once they start messing with things, good luck, and, to be fair, they can't fix design flaws.

I feel that the interior of the car could have been designed better to avoid problems. Just one simple example - the door armrests/handles. They consists of two parts - top and bottom parts attached together with glue. I noticed some separation happening when the area heats up in the sun, and also squeaking noises coming from there in the heat because of the flimsy attachment of the two parts. This has been the case since the car was new. In all the other cars that I've owned (Japanese and German), that part of the door is a single part, not two halves glued together. In general, there seems to be a lot of use of glue in the interior, and some of it is sloppy...

Will I go to the dealer to "fix" my squeaky door handles? Of course not - that would be just looking for trouble.

There's no substitute for a careful design. Prevention of problems by design is the best approach.

larry arizona
06-15-12, 08:06 PM
listen the germans have the SAME problems and its a farce if you think their build quality is that superior to the americans. Germans take more "holiday" than anyone. Its the car the rags (CD, MT RT) that dode on the german engineering and quality. Benz had some really BAD quality problems in the early 2000's and its not just because they were part of Chrysler. Funny my BMW owning coworkers have their beloved Beemers into their criminal stealerships MANY more times than I would consider taking my GM vehicles to the dealer. I too despise ALL dealers no matter the make as they are all out to steal when they can. Just dont think switching to the germans will get you better service or build quality. Learned early on, learn to fix things yourself when you can.

visualguy
06-15-12, 08:20 PM
I agree about older BMWs and Audis, but I find that there's much improvement in the design for durability of the latest ones. They are still not where the Japanese are on that, of course.

larry arizona
06-15-12, 08:31 PM
Dont get me started on the Asians. Once again, its a BS misperception that the Asians have better quality. My good friend is a mechanic at a Toyota dealership and I asked him why he would not leave Toyota and go work for a GM dealership and he said because he is so busy and makes good money at fixing Toyota mistakes.

M5eater
06-15-12, 08:37 PM
listen the germans have the SAME problems and its a farce if you think their build quality is that superior to the americans. Germans take more "holiday" than anyone. Its the car the rags (CD, MT RT) that dode on the german engineering and quality. Benz had some really BAD quality problems in the early 2000's and its not just because they were part of Chrysler. Funny my BMW owning coworkers have their beloved Beemers into their criminal stealerships MANY more times than I would consider taking my GM vehicles to the dealer. I too despise ALL dealers no matter the make as they are all out to steal when they can. Just dont think switching to the germans will get you better service or build quality. Learned early on, learn to fix things yourself when you can.

Amen. You know why I picked the V? Because it's SIMPLE. 16V V8, Manual Transmission. Nothing over engineered or finicky B/S like the A6 that's sitting in the driveway torn apart down to the frame to replace a $25 A/C motor. Parts will be in supply for the next 50 years for this car.

larry arizona
06-15-12, 08:52 PM
Love that the V has its roots in a mid 50's iconic small block chevy that is still kicking the worlds ass. Would take a pushrod stump pulling V8 over a complicated dual OHC whatever revving at 8000 rpms with high HP and NO torque. Clearly no better all around engine made that a small block Chevy!

larry arizona
06-15-12, 08:55 PM
Coworker took his V8 Audi A6 in to dealer for service and got a $1000 brake job and then he was told he needed wiper blades. He asked how much. They said well $40 if you had a 4 or 6 cylinder and $85 for the V8. WTF!

M5eater
06-15-12, 09:41 PM
Coworker took his V8 Audi A6 in to dealer for service and got a $1000 brake job and then he was told he needed wiper blades. He asked how much. They said well $40 if you had a 4 or 6 cylinder and $85 for the V8. WTF!
It's probably legit.

The slower cars have regular blades, the V8 (having a higher top speed) has aero blades with fins on them, and they're not cheap.

visualguy
06-15-12, 11:36 PM
I love the engine power, steering, suspension, and brakes on my CTS-V sedan.

However, some other parts of the car aren't at the level that I'd like to see... Poor interior design and quality in some areas (like the glue-sandwich door armrests that I mentioned).

Some bad ergonomics as well like with the manual shifter. These Tremec trannies are too easy to mis-shift because some of the gates are too close (such as 3rd and 5th). The problem starts with the way they place Reverse where you would normally find 5th. Poor design in my opinion. Reverse should be behind a lock-out (Audi, VW, Nissan/Infiniti - pressing the shifter down to open Reverse), or way far from forward gears (BMW).

The frustrating thing is that this car could win strongly against the competition if only GM paid more attention to that last 20% of the car design that they don't quite get right.

SoCal_V
06-16-12, 01:23 AM
listen the germans have the SAME problems and its a farce if you think their build quality is that superior to the americans

Your loyalty is admirable but a bit blind. I've owned both (several of each) and American cars are junk compared to the BMWs and Mercs I've owned. They do NOT have the same problems, sorry. Yes, German cars have problems but they almost never are the same types of problems our UAW-assembled whips have.

I bought my V for the engine, thus I accept all of its typical but still infuriating GM squeaks, rattles and piss-poor quality control problems.

M5eater
06-16-12, 08:42 AM
Your loyalty is admirable but a bit blind. I've owned both (several of each) and American cars are junk compared to the BMWs and Mercs I've owned. They do NOT have the same problems, sorry. Yes, German cars have problems but they almost never are the same types of problems our UAW-assembled whips have.

I bought my V for the engine, thus I accept all of its typical but still infuriating GM squeaks, rattles and piss-poor quality control problems.
I've found thus far that GM's problems typically stem from design or material defects, not assembly quality. There have been many studies that have said UAW workers assembly quality is some of the best in the world. It doesn't matter how well you put it together though, shitty parts are going to break.
With the V we have;
Wheel clicking
supercharger noises
Sunroof creakes
recarro creakes
diff noises

All can be attributed to design defects or third party mistakes. There are *no* assembly quality issues with these cars.

As with anything though YMMV..

VTKE
06-18-12, 08:25 AM

i must chime in here. yes German cars have issues too, but they are built better from the start with higher quality materials. are they worth the extra money, depends what you think the value of german engineering is. Audi late model cars are one of the best and most carefully built cars you can buy. to be honest, the V is not worth the money except that it has mind numbing power and good brakes. all of this being said, this will be my one and only V and my last GM. S6 is next on the block and costs nearly the same as the V. FYI, plenty of torque and better numbers 0-60 and the 1/4 mile.

someone said the before mentioned issues with the V were minor; to this i would say that listening to a $74K car squeak moan and groan may be minor to some, but ridiculously annoying and disturbing to most. no offense, just sharing the way i feel about it. too bad they don't exhibit all of the symptoms of a poorly designed and built car on the test drive :)

larry arizona
06-18-12, 11:10 AM
VTKE,

Did you say the new S6 has better 0-60 and 1/4 mile than the V? The only numbers I have seen out of the S6 4.0T are 0-60 in 4.8 seconds that is nearly a FULL second slower than the V AND the S6 is AWD. At a curb weight of 4200lbs there is no way a 420hp car will run a faster 1/4 mile than the V at 556. I think you are reaching to say they S6 and V are close in performance for the same price point.

M5eater
06-18-12, 11:26 AM
VTKE,

Did you say the new S6 has better 0-60 and 1/4 mile than the V? The only numbers I have seen out of the S6 4.0T are 0-60 in 4.8 seconds that is nearly a FULL second slower than the V AND the S6 is AWD. At a curb weight of 4200lbs there is no way a 420hp car will run a faster 1/4 mile than the V at 556. I think you are reaching to say they S6 and V are close in performance for the same price point.
He's probably referring to C&D's 3.7 0-60 time with an S6. Even though all the other publications achieved closer to mid-high 4s.

Audi has something of a trend with regard to under-rating their powertrains recently. It wouldn't surprise me to know that the 4.2TT puts out closer to 500hp.

Let's face it too, the 4.2L FSI was putting out 420HP in the RS4 without 2 turbochargers, and the latest itteration of the 4.2 N/A puts down 366bhp. It's laughable to think that a TT 4.2 of similar construction only manages 54 more HP.

allinmyhead
06-18-12, 12:47 PM
As for german quality vs domestic; the V is only my second domestic, all my other cars have been BMW/AUDI/Merc. The quality of parts on the germans is better hands down (except control arm bushings ... holy crap you'd think they could get those better after 20yrs. I've never had a german car that didn't need new control arms after 50k ... it's like they're consumable items). Unfortunately, they also over-engineer the hell out of everything which means more labor to fix things. If you ever want to watch $3000 evaporate, take an out of warranty Audi to the dealer.

My wife's Q7 had it's bluetooth module die. No biggee right, replace module, do some coding, done? Oh no. Since it's a fiber ring, not only did bluetooth go out, but because the module connects to the sound system, the radio doesn't work either. Knowing that these modules have a finite life, did the engineers put them where they could be serviced? No. The bluetooth module is under the passenger's seat buried under 2 other modules; can't get to it without completely removing the seat from the car.

silversled
06-18-12, 01:24 PM
I hate jumping on a "bash" thread but I have to agree that the car is definitely not up to the design, durability, or build quality of the German Marques. I also agree that the dealer network is spotty. This is my first American car and first experience in the GM service network and have already observed significant deficiencies in both product quality and service in eight short months.

I traded in one of my cars, a 2006 Porsche Cayman S, eight months ago for a Vagon since I wanted something different. On paper, the Vagon is an ideal 4-door for me. I give GM a lot of credit for building this car. I even flew my butt up to Monticello last month to do the Cadillac HPDE to get to know the car better. However, in the eight months of ownership I have frequented the Cadillac dealer more times for unexpected repairs than in the six years of owning the Cayman which was once. In the last eight months, I've had to address the following:

- Driver Door trim not sitting right and needed to be replace
- Chrome coated plastic lip on hood flaking
- Unbelievable creaking of the interior, especially the center console
- Bad TPMS sensor,
- Differential replacement at 9000 miles
- Squeaking front suspension - lower control arm and MR shock replacement
- Sunroof rattle

In contrast, my Cayman S which I tracked and beat on daily proved to be indestructible and in better working order when I traded it in at 54k miles than my V now with 15k miles.

The event that drew my dissatisfaction to a head was my ordeal with the squeaky suspension and sunroof rattle last week which proved that GM's dealers are not ready to deal with these cars. Although the dealer kept the car for almost a week constantly on the phone with TAC for everything (!!!!), all appeared fine until the dealer delivered my car. As soon as I turned onto the main road, I noticed the steering wheel was cocked to the right about 45 degrees when travelling in a straight line. I turned around and pulled back into the stall at which point they redid the alignment. They rushed an alignment and this time the steering wheel was cocked to the left by about 30 degrees. I turned around again and asked them nicely to keep the car until they got everything perfect. They gave me a ratty DTS which served as a reminder of why GM almost went under. I wouldn't take my Chevy Impala loaner back because it's engine light was on. BTW, I had the Impala because the original SRX loaner's air conditioning died the day after I got it in the middle of 92F Florida heat with a wife wondering why I bought a GM car to begin with? When I finally went to pick up the car for the final time, I could not find a service person despite telling them when I was stopping by. I asked to see the service manager that previously promised me they would try harder. He was apologetic but I told him nicely that I, like most V drivers, don't care about the free coffee, donuts, or cushy lounge chairs. I just want everyone in service, from the service writers to technicians, to be fanatical about perfection. While remaining cordial, I got my car and left.

Some observations following this last service:

- The cause of my severe drifting alignment was a loose suspension bolt in the repair area (thats what I was told)
- The dealer drove the car 20 miles achieving only 6mpg...you can make your own assumptions
- Many of the miles appear to occur at around noon... I am going to assume that the techs work over lunch.
- The outside edges of my front tires are now completely worn and show signs of severe cold tear. They had several thousand miles of life left when I dropped off the car but need replacement now..again assume away.
- The technicians apparently have no authority to do anything without TAC approval.
- There is complete lack of realization in the organization that car fanatics and gearheads drive these cars. My Porsche dealer did my track prep. My Cadillac dealer threatened me with warranty issues at the hint of track use or modifications yet they were intrigued about my Monticello experience.
- My sunroof still rattles.

This Saturday, I stopped by my Porsche dealer and drove the new 991S. What a stark contrast in quality. I really want to keep the V, but I think the entire GM organization is years away from competing on par with the Europeans. They may be playing in the same market space but they are not the same. It's a shame because the car is so unique and the concept so bold and utterly brilliant. Such a shame.

thebigjimsho
06-18-12, 07:50 PM
On both my Vs, I've driven hundreds of miles for track days, spanked Boxsters and Caymans and then drove hundreds of miles home...in a bank vault of a car.

The V is a tremendous value...

thebigjimsho
06-18-12, 08:11 PM
i must chime in here. yes German cars have issues too, but they are built better from the start with higher quality materials. are they worth the extra money, depends what you think the value of german engineering is. Audi late model cars are one of the best and most carefully built cars you can buy. to be honest, the V is not worth the money except that it has mind numbing power and good brakes. all of this being said, this will be my one and only V and my last GM. S6 is next on the block and costs nearly the same as the V. FYI, plenty of torque and better numbers 0-60 and the 1/4 mile.

someone said the before mentioned issues with the V were minor; to this i would say that listening to a $74K car squeak moan and groan may be minor to some, but ridiculously annoying and disturbing to most. no offense, just sharing the way i feel about it. too bad they don't exhibit all of the symptoms of a poorly designed and built car on the test drive :)

It has better 0-60 times, but it does not have better 1/4 mile numbers and falls on its face shortly thereafter. Trap speed also lags behind...

visualguy
06-19-12, 12:19 AM
The V is a tremendous value...

Certainly good value in terms of power for the money. Just wish some other aspects of the car were designed better, and that the interior quality was closer to the BMW 5-series or Audi S cars. Even something as simple as having a nicer-looking speedometer and tachometer would help in making the car's interior look more worthy of the car's price.

simgolfer
06-19-12, 01:07 AM
Having owned a 2008 BMW 535i with manual transmission, I can attest that Bavarians do just a crappy a job as the UAW. Owned it for 2+ years and had to have the high pressure fuel pump replaced twice both times leaving me on 40mph limp home mode. 5 of 6 fuel injectors replaced. A sunroof that creaked like an old house in a wind storm in every driving situation. Two tries at repairs did nothing. So I wouldn't laud any car company over GM. All have the same issues.

VTKE
06-19-12, 08:11 AM
looks like all "luxury" cars have issues and it seems to be kind of a hit or miss type of deal. what is the moral of this story... like someone on page one said "turn up the radio". pretty good advice if you ask me, but still eats at my car loving soul. happy road thumping everyone!!!

VTKE
06-19-12, 08:17 AM
VTKE,

it's been real world tested by several of the top mags at 3.7 seconds 0-60. Audi is notorious for under rating their numbers across the board. the torque curve also makes a huge difference. someone corrected me on the 1/4 mile and trap speed not actually being quicker in the S6 however.

larry arizona
06-19-12, 11:51 AM
Ok that makes sense for an AWD to pull that type of 0-60 and the 1/4 mile and trap to be slower than the V based on the weight and lesser HP/TQ numbers.

thebigjimsho
06-20-12, 08:04 PM
Certainly good value in terms of power for the money. Just wish some other aspects of the car were designed better, and that the interior quality was closer to the BMW 5-series or Audi S cars. Even something as simple as having a nicer-looking speedometer and tachometer would help in making the car's interior look more worthy of the car's price.I agree. But if you came from a V1, you'd realize Cadillac made vast improvements. Although I still loved my V1...

smackdownCTSV
06-20-12, 09:19 PM
And surprisingly, Cadillac is in the top 5!
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505145_162-57456817/j.d-power-technology-a-problem-for-new-car-quality/

VTKE
06-21-12, 12:54 PM
And surprisingly, Cadillac is in the top 5!
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505145_162-57456817/j.d-power-technology-a-problem-for-new-car-quality/

i for one am shocked!!! funny, i didn't know GM owned CBS News :)

Rich Browne
06-21-12, 03:31 PM
i for one am shocked!!! funny, i didn't know GM owned CBS News :)

I bet you are....
Doesn't surprise me at all. My V is a beast - it kicks. My dealership has been awesome, too. St. Claire Cadillac. Went in for an oil change and was told my "replacement rotors" will be in next week ----

If you want to experience garbage go drive or own a Mini Cooper S. BMW, really, what an awful car. Noise, shitty motor, electronics that were nothing short of a disaster. Great marketing, horrid car. Did I mention the HORRID electronics? Bluetooth is a joke. Worst experience ever.

allinmyhead
06-21-12, 05:33 PM
0-60, trap speed ... what about cornering? As a long time Audi owner, no matter how many active diffs they put in, the handling balance is still going to be understeer. It's safe and reassuring in inclement weather, but boring any other time.

And being a long time Audi owner, maybe the base S6 will msrp the same as the CTS-V but with any options it'll quickly be $10-20k more expensive. Not to mention, 0 cars on the lot and it being an order-only model like the last V10 S6.

I just don't see it as a direct competitor. Someone who wants and uber Audi, will want an uber Audi. Those that want a super-sedan will put the S6 at the bottom of their shopping list; it just can't compete dynamically with an M5/E63/CTS-V.

larry arizona
06-21-12, 06:02 PM
Hmmmmm Caddy #4 Merc #9 and BMW#10 Not bad. But the point is that Caddy is no worse than the Germans. Its is merely perception that you get what you pay for(brainwash). If you look at the V closer in JD Powers it scores very well and odd they score performance lower than its overall quality. All cars rattle and break. Even low volume handbuilt super cars. Some owners expect perfection and that can't be changed. Love my V and yet to have any issues.

larry arizona
06-21-12, 06:04 PM
BTW thanks Bob Lutz for proving that Caddy could make a V that competes with the HiPO German sedans FOR LESS.

thebigjimsho
06-21-12, 08:58 PM
If they based their survey on my V, Cadillac would be #1...

VTKE
06-22-12, 08:31 AM
I bet you are....
Doesn't surprise me at all. My V is a beast - it kicks. My dealership has been awesome, too. St. Claire Cadillac. Went in for an oil change and was told my "replacement rotors" will be in next week ----

If you want to experience garbage go drive or own a Mini Cooper S. BMW, really, what an awful car. Noise, shitty motor, electronics that were nothing short of a disaster. Great marketing, horrid car. Did I mention the HORRID electronics? Bluetooth is a joke. Worst experience ever.

i do wish i had your good fortune with mine and the dealership. i'll agree with you that the car is a beast !!!

Rich Browne
06-22-12, 09:02 AM
i do wish i had your good fortune with mine and the dealership. i'll agree with you that the car is a beast !!!

The Service Advisors are all first class. I actually enjoy the experience. I used to cringe when I had to go to a Dealer - always felt like I was getting ripped of by people who hated their jobs.

VTKE
06-25-12, 08:16 AM
The Service Advisors are all first class. I actually enjoy the experience. I used to cringe when I had to go to a Dealer - always felt like I was getting ripped of by people who hated their jobs.

i have a great service adviser, an old friend, but he's essentially powerless within the criminal organization known as "the dealership". he helps out where he can...

VTKE
06-25-12, 08:17 AM

i have a great service adviser, an old friend, but he's essentially powerless within the criminal organization known as "the dealership". he helps out where he can...

M5eater
06-25-12, 08:56 AM
0-60, trap speed ... what about cornering? As a long time Audi owner, no matter how many active diffs they put in, the handling balance is still going to be understeer. It's safe and reassuring in inclement weather, but boring any other time.

And being a long time Audi owner, maybe the base S6 will msrp the same as the CTS-V but with any options it'll quickly be $10-20k more expensive. Not to mention, 0 cars on the lot and it being an order-only model like the last V10 S6.

I just don't see it as a direct competitor. Someone who wants and uber Audi, will want an uber Audi. Those that want a super-sedan will put the S6 at the bottom of their shopping list; it just can't compete dynamically with an M5/E63/CTS-V.

I agree on all points as a former B5 A4 and S4 owner. Particullarly on cost. Ever option out a B8 S4? A decently loaded(that is to say, not even fully loaded) one will put you almost to Cts-V Base MSRP..

I would like to add though, one of the reasons I left the Audi scene was that I continualy felt like they considered N/A the red-headed step child(although all manufactures do to a degree, but Audi does it best). They fuged the 4.2 FSI RS4 carbon buildup thing, they didn't bring the C6 RS6 over, and there's talk that the B8 RS4 (which is in N/A hating avant form only) won't make it over here either.

That said. Handling is ultimately twoards the bottom on people's 'wants'. Typical people that buy sports sedans do it for the practicality of the thing, and because it happens to be very fast for overtaking poor people in their corollas on the booringly straight american highways. . They typically don't go running it @ VIR or even at some piffling autocross event, even I'm guility of that somewhat. Handling prowless always sounds good on paper, but when it comes right down to it, the first $5K people spend on their car is to increase it's straight-line acceleration, or cosmetic alterations.

As long as you're not being left behind by a taurus, you're doing pretty good, anything beyond that is for bragging rights in the real world.

Rich Browne
06-25-12, 09:14 AM

Criminal? You sound like that Q8 fella. A touch misguided.

VTKE
06-25-12, 11:32 AM
Criminal? You sound like that Q8 fella. A touch misguided.

misguided? i was hoping this wasn't the typical forum where id be analyzed or judged by someone that doesn't know me, but with that said, i'll delicately point out that it was intended mostly as a joke. if you had to deal with my dealership you would likely understand why i say "criminal". let's just say they're not the most ethical company in the car business.

allinmyhead
06-25-12, 12:53 PM
They fuged the 4.2 FSI RS4 carbon buildup thing

The RS4 folks were just the first, and most vocal, to experience carbon build up on VAGs DI engines. My wife's Q7 (4.2 DI) has had the valves cleaned up twice. Thankfully, under warranty. I'm not looking forward to the bill next time around when it's on my dime.

M5eater
06-25-12, 01:05 PM
The RS4 folks were just the first, and most vocal, to experience carbon build up on VAGs DI engines. My wife's Q7 (4.2 DI) has had the valves cleaned up twice. Thankfully, under warranty. I'm not looking forward to the bill next time around when it's on my dime.

agreed. I keep forgetting this is a global platform problem that seems to stem from our lower-grade gas. All VW/Audi FSI engines have this problem in N/A to varrying degrees afaik.

miamictsv
06-28-12, 07:29 AM
Right on point. My first, last an never again GM vehicle. Issues i have are just too many to list. Horse power at "bargain" price got me into the V.

VTKE
06-28-12, 08:20 AM
Right on point. My first, last an never again GM vehicle. Issues i have are just too many to list. Horse power at "bargain" price got me into the V.

you get what you pay for most of the time. i'm glad some V owners got sound vehicles, but too bad for the others like us. in the mean time.... a heavy right foot, a very loud radio, lots of different kinds of insulating material, a torque wrench, a smile at the dealership and a large dose of patience.

JimmyH
06-28-12, 02:06 PM
I have owned cars built in America, Canada, Japan, Germany, Mexico... They have all had problems. So far my 2010 Camaro is the only one to get to 30000 miles with nary an interior squeak or rattle.

MacBuster
08-03-12, 03:05 PM
Sorry for the mild necro.

One of the reasons I'm looking to move from my current vehicle (2008 BMW 535xi Touring) to the V Wagon is because of some of the very costly and significant design flaws in the BMW. I love the BMW. It's a fantastic car, with no squeeks or rattles. But it has some design oriented problems that are making me nervous.

- air suspension that has a design flaw in the hoses causing them to deteriorate and get road debris sucked into the pump. I think the repair here is something like $4,000 CDN, and a huge safety concern as your car rides on its bump stops to the dealership. My car appears to be more safe, since it has an updated hose that is tougher.

- easily clogged sunroofs drain system. This wouldn't seem like a problem, except that the water then flows through your roof-liner and down into your spare tire well, where it accumulates by the gallon. This would be only inconvenient except that it is where BMW decided to put all of the various high tech computers required to run the car. In the worst case, if water gets into all of the computers, it can cost $12,000 to replace the computers. This is not covered under warranty, as it is considered an "environmental problem" not a manufacturing problem. I have had this issue to a lesser degree, as I noticed some staining on the roof liner. I caught it before a full-on flood...but the dealership still had to replace my $700 battery under warranty.

- High pressure fuel pump. A huge issue, that BMW repeatedly lied about.

I love my current car, BMW is a great company, the interior quality is excellent, and my dealership has been fine. But BMW's have big catastrophic design problems, just like any other manufacturer. Audi has certainly had them. People tend to confuse interior rattles with poor quality....which is understandable. But it actually is not a good indicator. Quality is a broad subject, and fit-and-finish is just one piece of the puzzle.

curvedinfinity
08-03-12, 09:12 PM

I wouldn't write GM off so fast. While my CTS-V has also been quite trouble prone, my Cruze is the most reliable car I've owned. Knock on wood, but the Cruze hasn't developed even a rattle yet. Its a well put together car.

Speaking of CTS-V issues, I just got mine back today for a traction control off message and the wheel click. They tightened the spark plugs to fix the trac-off and put the new 2 piece discs on.

VTKE
08-07-12, 08:50 AM
just to update since i originated this post: my wagon has become worse than any other cheap piece of crap car in regards to squeaks, grinds and rattles. i only have 2600 on the OD and cant believe what i'm hearing. i can only listen to music so loud before that becomes obnoxious too. anyway, to all the CTS-V and GM faithful, i applaud your loyalty, but do not entirely understand it. my car must be the one that missed the QC department. still love to smash the throttle though. happy motoring!!!

neuronbob
08-07-12, 04:40 PM
If I had your experience I'd trade out ASAP even at a loss. Sorry to read of your continuing troubles.

Tyns
08-08-12, 09:50 AM
just to update since i originated this post: my wagon has become worse than any other cheap piece of crap car in regards to squeaks, grinds and rattles. i only have 2600 on the OD and cant believe what i'm hearing. i can only listen to music so loud before that becomes obnoxious too. anyway, to all the CTS-V and GM faithful, i applaud your loyalty, but do not entirely understand it. my car must be the one that missed the QC department. still love to smash the throttle though. happy motoring!!!

I'm right there with you. If they can't fix my similar issues soon, I will never consider another GM vehicle again. I came from a Lexus, the exact opposite with respect to quality. Something isn't "normal" when a majority of owners complain about it.

VTKE
08-08-12, 11:12 AM
If I had your experience I'd trade out ASAP even at a loss. Sorry to read of your continuing troubles.

i'm seriously considering it. done it before and may again. really hate to part with the power at a bargain price, but pretty much decided to buy an AMG E63 next at $25K more. before every one tells me the problems they have, i know, but the build quality is first rate. you do pay for it though.

VTKE
08-08-12, 11:18 AM
I'm right there with you. If they can't fix my similar issues soon, I will never consider another GM vehicle again. I came from a Lexus, the exact opposite with respect to quality. Something isn't "normal" when a majority of owners complain about it.

if the dealership could be trusted to tear apart what needs to be torn apart and actually put it back together properly, i wouldn't have issue with letting them try. the problem is that they drive the heck out of it, possibly lot damage it (had it happen 3 times to other vehicles), then even if they do actually duplicate the issue (rarely) they cant seem to put it back together without damaging or dirtying things that then have to be repaired. it's a nightmare and a true shame that we can't have initial and ongoing quality problems resolved with any confidence whatsoever. above and beyond all of that, it seems the sunroof is the biggest and most annoying culprit and so far there is no known cure. really sad GM and i must be moving on...

JimmyH
08-08-12, 06:28 PM
Because we all know Lexus never rattle, squeak, click, rub, grind or rock.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-430/520371-roof-rattle.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-third-generation/431082-gs350-clatter-noise-upon-engine-start.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-and-brakes/512335-clanking-or-rattling.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-third-generation/500086-rear-suspension-squeek.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-third-generation/639537-rattle-squeak-chirp-creak-click-free-at-last.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-third-generation/638221-front-end-rattle-on-2011-lexus-rx-350-a.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-third-generation/336466-dash-rattles-and-creaks-tsibs.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/es350-2007-2012/569954-rattle-in-dash.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/630117-sigh-odd-noise.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/622659-grrr-the-rattle.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/615743-strange-sound-from-dashboard.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/540533-anyones-dash-rattling-and-popping-really-loud.html

SoCal_V
08-08-12, 09:17 PM
Post all of the links you like; it unfortunately doesn't change the fact that the CTS-V is the squeakiest, most rattle prone vehicle I've owned and almost all other members here have owned. I'm thankful I didn't get the pano sunroof; my car squeaks and rattles more than enough already.

The build quality on my $70K vehicle is unacceptable and embarrassing. I love the engine & suspension, and it's what keeps me in the car for now.

To imply that other cars are equally as bad is both irrelevant and incorrect. Lexus/MBZ/BMW have tighter, more buttoned down interiors, and many of us have experienced that. Why can't we acknowledge it and ask GM to fix it rather than stick our collective heads in the sand?

Blakester
08-08-12, 09:53 PM
Tyme fur a ghange socl???

RapidRob
08-08-12, 10:10 PM
SoCal - my copy doesn't have these issues, sorry yours does, and maybe more relavant, I'm sorry your dealer can't seem to resolve the issues to your satisfaction.

Rob

hulksdaddy
08-08-12, 10:58 PM
Tyme fur a ghange socl???

Stop writing in Canadian.

:lol:

JimmyH
08-08-12, 11:09 PM
Lexus/MBZ/BMW have tighter, more buttoned down interiors, and many of us have experienced that.

Tell that to the guy with the $60k Lexus with 1500 squeaky and rattling miles. I will bet you your squeaky and rattling CTS-V that he finds no comfort in it.

Wannago
08-08-12, 11:11 PM
Stop writing in Canadian.

:lol:

Totally uncalled for!!!

HOSER!!

hulksdaddy
08-08-12, 11:42 PM
Totally uncalled for!!!

HOSER!!

Can anyone translate this into English for me?:hmm:

:histeric:

Wannago
08-08-12, 11:50 PM
Can anyone translate this into English for me?:hmm:

:histeric:

At the risk of perpetuating a stereotype:

Hoser: (n) Canadian hockey derogatory term that is similar to the American "idiot" or "loser". It is derived from the pre-zamboni days, where the LOSING team would have to hose down the ice after the game.

Snack on that for lunch, you frickin hoser!

thebigjimsho
08-09-12, 01:23 AM
Post all of the links you like; it unfortunately doesn't change the fact that the CTS-V is the squeakiest, most rattle prone vehicle I've owned and almost all other members here have owned. I'm thankful I didn't get the pano sunroof; my car squeaks and rattles more than enough already.

The build quality on my $70K vehicle is unacceptable and embarrassing. I love the engine & suspension, and it's what keeps me in the car for now.

To imply that other cars are equally as bad is both irrelevant and incorrect. Lexus/MBZ/BMW have tighter, more buttoned down interiors, and many of us have experienced that. Why can't we acknowledge it and ask GM to fix it rather than stick our collective heads in the sand?That's BS. Just because a number of members here have had issues doesn't mean it's a majority. I've got 42,700 rattle/squeak/groan free miles on my Recaro/panoramic roof V...

hulksdaddy
08-09-12, 01:29 AM
At the risk of perpetuating a stereotype:

Hoser: (n) Canadian hockey derogatory term that is similar to the American "idiot" or "loser". It is derived from the pre-zamboni days, where the LOSING team would have to hose down the ice after the game.

Snack on that for lunch, you frickin hoser!

:p

Well, I would be inclined to take offense at that...

'Cept it came from a Canadian, so it doesn't matter. :devil:

:duck:

SoCal_V
08-10-12, 12:56 AM
That's BS. Just because a number of members here have had issues doesn't mean it's a majority. I've got 42,700 rattle/squeak/groan free miles on my Recaro/panoramic roof V...

LOL I'm happy for you and your perfect CTS-V...you make it clear in every thread that your car is flawless. This is not the experience of many, many other V owners. You read and post enough here to know that.

I love my car in many ways, and I pay a premium to drive it, but your perfect squeak free sample also does not make your experience the majority either. Your science by a sample of one isn't evidence that the V platform is primarily perfect. The number of members here with rattles, clicking wheels, squeaking and rattling sunroofs, can-of-marbles SC isolators and scratched up interiors is greater than those with flawless cars. They don't sell many CTS-Vs annually. The build quality is poor, and I'm thankful the suspension & engine are as great as they are or I'd have already traded my car in.

SoCal_V
08-10-12, 01:00 AM
SoCal - my copy doesn't have these issues, sorry yours does, and maybe more relavant, I'm sorry your dealer can't seem to resolve the issues to your satisfaction.

Rob

I'm sorry too. The last time I took my car to the stealership, they tried to charge me for warranty work on a car that was less than 1 month old. Complete morons, and this mirrors my experience at 3 out of the last 3 GM dealers I've visited unfortunately. My wife's BMW and the VW before that...well let's say Cadillac has some catching up to do in the quality and service department.

smackdownCTSV
08-10-12, 08:46 AM
lol i'm happy for you and your perfect cts-v...you make it clear in every thread that your car is flawless. This is not the experience of many, many other v owners. You read and post enough here to know that.

I love my car in many ways, and i pay a premium to drive it, but your perfect squeak free sample also does not make your experience the majority either. Your science by a sample of one isn't evidence that the v platform is primarily perfect. The number of members here with rattles, clicking wheels, squeaking and rattling sunroofs, can-of-marbles sc isolators and scratched up interiors is greater than those with flawless cars. They don't sell many cts-vs annually. The build quality is poor, and i'm thankful the suspension & engine are as great as they are or i'd have already traded my car in.

+1! Qft!

VTKE
08-10-12, 10:57 AM
+1! Qft!

make that +2

cdog533
08-10-12, 12:25 PM
LOL I'm happy for you and your perfect CTS-V...you make it clear in every thread that your car is flawless. This is not the experience of many, many other V owners. You read and post enough here to know that.

I love my car in many ways, and I pay a premium to drive it, but your perfect squeak free sample also does not make your experience the majority either. Your science by a sample of one isn't evidence that the V platform is primarily perfect. The number of members here with rattles, clicking wheels, squeaking and rattling sunroofs, can-of-marbles SC isolators and scratched up interiors is greater than those with flawless cars. They don't sell many CTS-Vs annually. The build quality is poor, and I'm thankful the suspension & engine are as great as they are or I'd have already traded my car in.

Hasn't the press called the V "the best American car ever made"? Mine has had some minor issues, but a lot less than the BMW 740i I had. These are good cars.

The dealers kinda suck though.

larry arizona
08-10-12, 08:57 PM
All OEM's build good cars some days and squeaky ones the next day. This is not GM or a V specific issue. Apparently some squeak and rattle, My V is a lucky one that has no rattling or squeaking (recaros and pano roof are silent). With that said those who own a squeaky V are very VOCAL about it (understandable). But sometimes you got to let it go or sell it.

BMW, Merc, Audi, Lexus,etc ALL make rattling cars too. Its just brainwashing and OUTSTANDING marketing that shields the German and Japanese automakers from the perception of poor quality. Tell me HOW Toyota/Lexus has survived with the "death pedal" affair? They knowingly KILLED people and tried to cover it up and yet people STILL buy Toyota's and say they are TOPS in quality.

BMW, MERC and Audi, market high build quality but don't you dare try to maintain the car yourself or you will F it up and void the warranty. Bring your German car into our dealer only and have one of our special trained (borderline make you think they have an engineering degree) mechanics repair errrrrrr maintain your BMW/MERC/AUDI OR ELSE. Nothing like bending the customer over and A$$ rapn them and selling it as a higher level or service and care. BRAINWASHING!!!

Stop bitchin guys, you really dont know how good we have it with an OEM that made an ass kicking car at a reasonable price, that you can maintain modify yourself with a decent warranty that backs up the big shit. A reasonable and healthy variety of aftermaket parts to increase your V performance by an easy 100 to 300 RWHP and you can install it yourself too. Its still blows my mind that the V is this capable and still easily streetable.

Also being an experienced American Engineer. I challenge you to find a country full of better Engineers than the USA! I have worked in the Engineering communities of Japan, China, Germany and England over the past 17 years and I can tell you there are no higher educated, harder working, more passionate, and down right ingenious engineers in the world than the USA. Think back to WW1 and WW2. Who kicked the German and Japanese asses? America did with a superior military that was better equipped and more ingenius (AKA the best troops AND Engineers). Some Facts:

Chinese Engineers copy everything and are poorly educated, work for the communist government. Disaster, enough said.

Japanese Engineers also copy, are well educated but have very little ingenuity. They show up to work typically at 10am, work until 5pm, leave the lights on all night to make you think they are working (FN Tokyo BS) party until 1am sleep it off and start over.

German Engineers are arrogant, decently educated, don't put in the long hours, Have strict standards built on arrogance and stubborness and over engineer most things to a fault. Over Engineering is not always a good thing, think heavy and expensive. Come on, they work 35 hour weeks and take 6 to 8 weeks off for summer vacation.

England has Engineers? OK kidding, but they are nothing special....... MEH

American Engineers work longest hours (FACT), are the most/best educated ( look up the top engineering schools in the world, most are in the USA), have the most ingenuity (spend some time researching the number of patents per country, USA dominates), unfortunately don't have enough time to take vacation.:bighead:

Rant over...... Time for a MFN beer

larry arizona
08-10-12, 09:02 PM
BTW, What do your do when your accelerator pedal sticks at wide open throttle?????............. Shift the transmission to neutral and apply the brakes until the car comes to a safe controlled stop. Let the FN engine bounce off the rev limiter and or blow up. Seriously, in that scenario I have heard the 911 tapes of people calling for help and NOBODY can figure out to shift to neutral? OK beer time now :bouncy:

JimmyH
08-10-12, 09:18 PM
German Engineers are arrogant, decently educated, don't put in the long hours, Have strict standards built on arrogance and stubborness and over engineer most things to a fault. Over Engineering is not always a good thing,

VW GTI air cleaner. It's inside the plastic engine cover and took two of us over an hour to replace.

Other than the auto industry (which they are very obviously trying to dominate) the Germans are quietly taking over. Everybody better learn Deutsch before they completely own us.

smackdownCTSV
08-10-12, 10:08 PM
The dealers kinda suck though.

That's exactly the problem, besides the QC at Cadillac. All of these problems can be fixed if not for the "sucky" dealers. I'll bet there would only be a few threads on creaks and rattles if the dealer fixed it right the first time and not dick around. I've made a few trips that were BS and nothing was done. Shit like that makes me want to sell it get a Ford/Merc/Bimmer/spend my savings on a GTR or just say **** it and get a $20K eco car. But I'm not looking to lose money $5K after only owning it a year and I actually like the look and performance. Not to mention I have around $2K in mods. It is just annoying to hear the seat creak and rock everytime I drive it. It's discouraging and would explain why I only put 1500 miles on it... since January! I have zero confidence in GM and this will definitely be my last. It would be nice to get a refund on the warranty since they aren't going to warranty anything else.

visualguy
08-12-12, 03:07 PM
Larry,

One problem with your "rant" about American engineers is that a very large number of them are actually foreigners who immigrated to the US as adults. Take a look at the greatest achievements in "American" engineering and science, and you'll find that the key figures behind most of them were immigrants - foreign-born and educated. This applies to pretty much everything you look at, from medicine to aerospace, from CPUs to even military technologies. By the way, the German engineers that you dislike so much are the ones behind US missile technology, incuding the Saturn V missile that landed Apollo on the moon (Wernher von Braun and his team of German engineers).

At least the US used to provide a superior environment for all this international talent. This doesn't hold so much these days, and fewer bother coming, or they don't bother staying even if they come here for a certain period. Part of the reason is that things got worse here, and part of it is that things got better in other countries.

cdog533
08-13-12, 03:46 PM
That's exactly the problem, besides the QC at Cadillac. All of these problems can be fixed if not for the "sucky" dealers. I'll bet there would only be a few threads on creaks and rattles if the dealer fixed it right the first time and not dick around. I've made a few trips that were BS and nothing was done. Shit like that makes me want to sell it get a Ford/Merc/Bimmer/spend my savings on a GTR or just say **** it and get a $20K eco car. But I'm not looking to lose money $5K after only owning it a year and I actually like the look and performance. Not to mention I have around $2K in mods. It is just annoying to hear the seat creak and rock everytime I drive it. It's discouraging and would explain why I only put 1500 miles on it... since January! I have zero confidence in GM and this will definitely be my last. It would be nice to get a refund on the warranty since they aren't going to warranty anything else.

Pull the seat out and fix it yourself. Some of these problems just can't be rectified at the dealer level.