: Rickey the Raccoon says hi!

Whit151
06-13-12, 09:03 PM
Alright, in a tad bit of a bind here. I was doing some "spirited" driving on some of Missouri's back roads last weekend when a raccoon introduced himself to my car. At about 90 miles an hour. :(

Needless to say, the poor little (big) guy didn't know what he was waddling into. I guess I didn't, either.

Before I go on, let me flash back about two weeks ago when I notice my plastic splash shield is hanging off my car. I just took it off and threw it in the trunk.

Back to this past Monday - I'm driving into work and my "check engine" light comes on. When I make it into work, I pop the hood to see the intake tube running from the stock air box is disconnected - easy fix, or so I think. I grab a flathead screwdriver from one of the maintenance guys and put it back on - however I notice the MAF connector and part of the MAF sensor housing was rubbing up against one of the pulleys, damaging the plastic portions of both. The check engine light is still on, but the car seems to be driving OK.

Here's my question - how sensitive are the MAF connectors? I'd say right now I've got about about 85 percent of it. I've gotten a couple of estimates, and each has been about $200 to replace. I'm all for doing work myself, but when it comes to electrical, transmission or internal engine work, I have no clue what the hell I'm doing. If I buy a new MAF sensor (which I'll probably do either way) and a shitload of electrical tape to make sure that sucker doesn't ever move, should I be OK, or should I fork over the money to get the connector replaced?

FuzzyLogic
06-13-12, 09:17 PM
Have you seen this? It doesn't look like the one on my 06 CTS-V, but maybe you'd know better than I would.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-2005-CADILLAC-CTS-V-5-7L-VIN-S-MASS-AIR-FLOW-SENSOR-/320565660471?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aa333cb37&vxp=mtr#ht_4655wt_1095

Whit151
06-13-12, 10:24 PM
Have you seen this? It doesn't look like the one on my 06 CTS-V, but maybe you'd know better than I would.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-2005-CADILLAC-CTS-V-5-7L-VIN-S-MASS-AIR-FLOW-SENSOR-/320565660471?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aa333cb37&vxp=mtr#ht_4655wt_1095

Looks very similar to mine. O'Reilly's has a Cardone that looks exactly the same with a one-year warranty so I was going to get that, since they are right down the street and I don't have to fiddle with waiting for delivery.

CadzillaTN
06-14-12, 12:48 AM
Are you referring to rocky raccoon, the stuffed animal from the 80s with the radio inside?

My best friend went to umr. One of his fraternity brothers had a corvette. Prior to meeting this dude, I hadn't really spent much time in corvettes. He took me out on ee/hh/j whatever highway and I almost sharted in my pants. I thought for sure we were dead a couple times.

I'd love to take my V down those central missouri back roads

Whit151
06-14-12, 08:50 PM
No, I remember Rocky, but this one is Rickey. I remember back in college when I was smoking we... errr flipping through channels and saw some kid show where they were singing about Rickey Raccoon. For some reason, that song stuck in my head and that's what I thought of first. Poor bastard didn't stand a chance.

darkman
06-15-12, 07:50 AM