Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2007 Nav screen replacement

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  FuzzyLogic 
#1 ·
I have searched and there are a lot of options out there so I am looking for suggestions based on what I want to do. My stock screen quit working and they want $1800 to replace it so I am looking at buying an aftermarket double din touchscreen and replacing stock speakers and adding an amp for mids and highs as well as a new sub and sub amp. I have done a lot of installs previously, but not with all the computer stuff.

Can I get teh DIC and wire it up and stick it in the glove box or somewhere for the warning messages? I would like to just use one of the install kits and only have the new double din in the dash. I didn't find a writeup where anyone did this, although it is talked about. Can you point me in the right direction? Also, can I use a wiring harness to make the steering wheel volume work if I use all aftermarket? (I am giong to replace all the wiring and speakers and eliminate the bose stuff). Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.