: Hm. Appears work is trying to screw me over..

truckinman
06-13-12, 03:14 PM
Got a message in my truck on it's computer telling me they need a receipt for a trailer I supposedly had repair work done on at an outside vender last week, in the amount of 350 bucks. Now, the way it works is, if you have a repair done at an outside vender, you must turn in receipt or you will personally be charged said amount.

Well I called them and informed them
I haven't had any outside work done on my truck or a trailer in months, and never ever for that amount on a trailer. They told me it was charged under my name, meaning I'm the one who called it in and asked for the money. Even tho I definitely did not. So they just might charge me for something I never even did. If
They do, I think I'll be looking for new employment. Possibly a job that allows me to be home every night. Anyways, kinda frustrating.

OffThaHorseCEO
06-13-12, 03:32 PM
Call in some work on equipment, and put it in whoevers name is sending you those messages. they'll see the light

truckinman
06-13-12, 03:35 PM
Call in some work on equipment, and put it in whoevers name is sending you those messages. they'll see the light

Doesnt work that way unfortunately. If I call in work on something, it'll go under my name. What probably happened is a dispatcher put it under the wrong name. But when I called about it, they didn't seem to worried about fixing it either....

Kev
06-13-12, 04:43 PM
Take it to your Teamsters rep, they'll straighten it out for you.

drewsdeville
06-13-12, 05:24 PM
Assuming he's union.

Kev
06-13-12, 05:26 PM
Of course!

CadillacLuke24
06-13-12, 05:48 PM
Go to work and light into them about screwing things up. It's not your fault, so clear your name dude. If the dispatcher screwed up, make them accountable. Raise all kinds of hell. That way you'll either get it foixed, or you won't have to worry about that dumpy job anymore if they won't.

Good luck!

drewsdeville
06-13-12, 06:05 PM
Go to work and light into them about screwing things up... Raise all kinds of hell.

Good luck!

That's no way to get things done, especially at your second home - your job.

Do that and it'll bite you in the ass for a LONG time.

Sounds like addressing this problem is still in the preliminary stages - Everyone has just become aware of the problem. There's no reason to be so harsh. They aren't threatening your job, they aren't taking you to court, they haven't officially accused you yet - they simply told you what they know right now. Go ahead and let them know you are concerned, but let them do their job and take care of it.

truckinman
06-13-12, 06:26 PM
I called them back and asked nicely if they figured anything out yet. They had simply stapled the receipt to the wring paper work. Lol. Im in the clear. Thank god bc I really like this company. Lol.

Kev
06-13-12, 07:04 PM
Good news!

truckinman
06-13-12, 07:21 PM
Good news!

Yes sir! This is the only company I've ever driven for that I've never felt the need to raise my voice to anyone. The other 2 places I drove for, was a whole diff story. My last company, that's all my dispatcher and I ever did was argue. That's why I left. But there, none of the dispatchers had ever been drivers so they had NO FREAKIN CLUE what we really dealt with. But where I'm at now, you can't become a dispatcher unless use got 5 years behind the wheel. My disp has 20. So he knows exactly the kinds of BS we put up with at shippers and receivers. Makes a huge huge difference.

CadillacLuke24
06-15-12, 08:17 PM
Glad you got it fixed! :thumbsup: :woot: