: TSB's ??

bbang
06-13-12, 12:51 PM
How does one go about getting all the TSB's for a car??

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-13-12, 02:32 PM
Hi bbang,

I'm sure the forum members will pop in shortly with some great replies, and I suggest contacting your dealership to see what kind of information they're able to provide. (While I can't give TSB information, I can check to see if there are any open recalls on your vehicle if you're experiencing concerns; just send me a PM anytime!)

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

TriTexan
06-13-12, 03:13 PM
Katie: It's been my experience that dealerships aren't very forthcoming with TSB information. With my previous car, many TSB's had dealers perform service only on cars where customers complained about issues. Sometimes a customer will have a problem but be unaware of it because they are kept in the dark. For example, I had a Chrysler 300 SRT8 that had a known issue where the plastic fan blades could break apart during operation and puncture the radiator. I could have proactively had this service performed, but instead, my car broke down 900 miles from home and it was a massive headache and expense for me. When I later found out that the manufacturer and the dealer KNEW about the problem and I got stranded and severely inconvenienced as a result, to say I was mad was a huge understatement.

For the people participating on this discussion forum, we KNOW the TSB's exist. By being a little more transparent with providing the list, Cadillac will definitely earn more owner loyalty. It puts us on even footing when we have to address a potential warranty or service item with our dealer. We all have to acknowledge that the dealer and Cadillac have a certain vested interest in keeping TSB information private. But with a set of engaged, interactive car owners such as those active on these forums, I think it makes sense to give us a peek behind the curtain. Anyone else agree with that?

Houdini
06-13-12, 03:20 PM
I agree but I'll also suggest you check out alldata. I have every tsb up through 2011 and the alldata software/coverage is very good a service manual. You can buy directly on their site for just your model year car (cheaper that way).

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-13-12, 05:08 PM
Great points, TriTexan. Thanks for proving me with an example, too! I hope it's alright if I document your feedback and pass it along, since I can understand your perspective and I know other members feel similarly as well.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

TriTexan
06-13-12, 05:23 PM
I agree but I'll also suggest you check out alldata. I have every tsb up through 2011 and the alldata software/coverage is very good a service manual. You can buy directly on their site for just your model year car (cheaper that way).
For a $75k car, I was hoping not to have to buy information about potential problems from a 3rd party. I'd like it from the source. Nothing against alldata - it's really good stuff.

Katie: You are always welcome to pass along feedback and experience information. No need to ask... :)

smackdownCTSV
06-13-12, 05:24 PM
Search is your friend. There are just about all the TSB's listed here; supercharger rattle, diff chatter/moan, wheel click, etc.

F U FAST
06-13-12, 10:19 PM
TSB's maybe "sticky" worthy?

smackdownCTSV
06-13-12, 11:21 PM
Search threads made, I already got shot down by "big brother" :rolleyes:

V locity
06-13-12, 11:48 PM

What do mean?

TriTexan
06-13-12, 11:53 PM
Search is your friend. There are just about all the TSB's listed here; supercharger rattle, diff chatter/moan, wheel click, etc.

All good ideas, but why are we trying to re-create the wheel here when Cadillac already HAS this information? Sure, we can waste our time searching and guessing, hoping whoever posted the information got the whole story and the correct story. But that's not the point. The point is that when you buy a car that is touted as "The new standard of the world" the LEAST they could do is give us access to their knowledge base of known problems so we can address them in the best possible manner. Everything else is just a group of us guessing and speculating. It just makes no sense to me to buy the info from a 3rd party, to manually collect it by hearsay or insider info, when it would be SO SIMPLE to just publish a link to the collection of TSB's that Cadillac already has and distributes to their dealers.

smackdownCTSV
06-13-12, 11:57 PM
What do mean?

Sorry, on here it's "latest threads made"

TriTexan
06-13-12, 11:57 PM
Absolutely! Admins - can we get a sticky thread JUST for posting known TSBs? I know most of us are aware of the usual suspects, but it would be good to have the exact info the dealers have...so if someone gets an exact copy of the TSB, we could post it verbatim on that thread. Discussions on corrective actions, dealer problems, etc could be posted elsewhere...

smackdownCTSV
06-13-12, 11:58 PM
All good ideas, but why are we trying to re-create the wheel here when Cadillac already HAS this information? Sure, we can waste our time searching and guessing, hoping whoever posted the information got the whole story and the correct story. But that's not the point. The point is that when you buy a car that is touted as "The new standard of the world" the LEAST they could do is give us access to their knowledge base of known problems so we can address them in the best possible manner. Everything else is just a group of us guessing and speculating. It just makes no sense to me to buy the info from a 3rd party, to manually collect it by hearsay or insider info, when it would be SO SIMPLE to just publish a link to the collection of TSB's that Cadillac already has and distributes to their dealers.

That's Cadillac and Sal for ya.

V locity
06-14-12, 12:04 AM

What do you mean by you got shut down by big brother??? Is google down?

OldRoadDawg
06-14-12, 11:50 AM

Absolutely! Admins - can we get a sticky thread JUST for posting known TSBs? I know most of us are aware of the usual suspects, but it would be good to have the exact info the dealers have...so if someone gets an exact copy of the TSB, we could post it verbatim on that thread. Discussions on corrective actions, dealer problems, etc could be posted elsewhere...

That's Cadillac and Sal for ya.

Cadillac... yes, but don't beat up on Sal. Some background on this subject, as I have read and understand it.

A few years back a forum member, CTSVETT, from the V1 forum, setup and maintained a website, CadillacFAQ (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/). It was a great site and I'm sure is still a good reference for the V1 guys, although CTSVETT, to my knowledge, moved on due to real work obligations taking priority.

Anyway, he had a page on his site for TSBs and other Cadillac documents. It still exists here: TSB/Recalls (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/index.php)
HOWEVER, everything ultimately got pulled. The reason? Here was CTSVETT's explanation:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GM legal issues (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/gmlegal.html) and CadillacFAQ.com

In Febuary, 2007, The GM legal department contacted me about some materials posted at CadillacFAQ.com and asked that I remove them as they were copyrighted materials.. These materials included the TSB library and several other documents in the document library. After some back and forth communication which involved some lawyers, and despite my better efforts, I was forced to removed this material from this website.

What I am most frustrated about is that Cadillac would not entertain the option for me to license those materials so it would then be able to host that material. I was immediately and completely shot down going this route.
As well, I did not want to fight a very lengthy and costly legal battle which I could neither afford nor want to undertake.

Therefore, I am very sorry that the material you are looking for has been removed. I did my best to keep it available so that enthusiasts, such as you and I, would have access to this and be better informed about this car.

I have begun a discussion on this issue at www.cadillacforums.com (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/99148-cadillacfaq-com-important-thread.html#post982400) if you would like to chime in on this issue or if you have a method by which I can legally host this material. You can always contact me by e-mail as well ctsvett@verizon.net

Good Luck and thank you as always for your support,

Reed- CTSVETT

After that, forum members would still post a specific TSB within a thread pertaining to that issue, but the forum administrator never maintained a sticky or other link dedicated to GM/Cadillac documents. I can only assume that Sal did not wish to do battle with GM either.
If Sal has more info to enlighten us, I'm sure he'll post something. But you can see since that since 2007, there has been never been a single link listing all TSB/Recalls, etc. - and it probably never will happen.

Houdini
06-14-12, 04:21 PM
^right on the money

neuronbob
06-14-12, 06:24 PM
^^^Yupers.

And boo to GM for being buttheads about it. While I can understand the information being copyrighted, I don't understand the need to keep the information away from consumers who can actually use the information. The volume of TSBs available (when, for example, all of Cadillac's models are taken into account) is way too much for dealer service staff to keep up with them and so they CAN'T possibly know every TSB. GM and other auto manufacturers should simply allow access to the material on their own websites if they are so offended by communities like this one having access. That would be awesome customer service.

I'm going to be bringing in the TSB about my problem with the Service Suspension System DIC error to my dealer....my car was at the dealer twice for the issue and they clearly weren't aware of the TSB. They will be next week thanks to this forum, and that will ultimately be good for other CTS-V owners who go to that dealer.