: Dashboard paint peeling off

0hfive
06-13-12, 10:31 AM
Hi all, I have a 2009 Esv and recently my dashboard paint started peeling off. Is their a how to fix or am I The first to experience this? Also I have a tear on my arm rest is that a dealer fix or should I just go to an upholstery shop? thanks

P.s. sorry for the bad quality pics.

nathanjax
06-13-12, 10:41 AM
The dash looks like someone used the wrong cleaner to clean it with. Not sure if that's something that would covered under a warranty. The old Escalades (00-06) had a bad problem with everything peeling, the dash, center console, etc. That was because they put some kind of crappy rubber coating on top of the plastic. Not sure if it's done the same on the 07+

The armrest is kinda along the same lines. Wear-n-tear from your elbow in the same spot over and over.

Obviously I would try to get those warrantied, but I'm not sure if it will work...

hcvone
06-13-12, 10:57 AM
The dash looks like someone used the wrong cleaner to clean it with. Not sure if that's something that would covered under a warranty. The old Escalades (00-06) had a bad problem with everything peeling, the dash, center console, etc. That was because they put some kind of crappy rubber coating on top of the plastic. Not sure if it's done the same on the 07+

ns to repair your problemThe armrest is kinda along the same lines. Wear-n-tear from your elbow in the same spot over and over.

Obviously I would try to get those warrantied, but I'm not sure if it will work...

As said we saw this a lot at our detail shops, bad products baking in the sun causes problems. Look for a good interior shop in your area and let them show you some options to repair your problem

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-13-12, 12:26 PM
Hi Ohfive,

I'd also recommend taking it to your Cadillac dealership so they can explore the available next steps for you, too. If you'd like me to double check your existing warranty parameters or investigate anything further on your behalf, drop me an email anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

0hfive
06-13-12, 02:47 PM
Thank you all for your concerns and comment, most definitely I will check with my local dealership as soon as possible and if they can't help I will take it to a local upholstery shop. Has anyone besides myself have experienced these problems as well?

Ghost Deany
06-13-12, 04:12 PM
Wow the dash looks bad. Id have to get that taken care of ASAP. Some may laugh, but this little pin hole sized hole in my dash bothers me. Not enough to put a new dash in, but i hate looking at it. 93337 I didnt even know the dashes were painted. I thought they were just made out of a soft rubbery plastic black material. If your still under the bumper to bumper id try to get that fixed under that definitely. The arm rest might be better off upgrading to the new lid or 07 style lid pending upon what a shop would charge to fix that if even fixable?

baleman
06-13-12, 05:18 PM
Only use good quality cleaners for my cars, they look very good still, like new.

0hfive
06-14-12, 10:50 AM
Lol I know how you feel ghost, I am going to call my contact at Manhattan GM today and see if it's covered Under my extended warranty. If not i will be going to a few upholstery shops throughout the city to get some quotes. @ baleman I don't ever use anything on my dashboard but not that long ago I did take it to a carwash and had them do a full interior cleaning and they did use some type of product on my dash so if I were to assume that + baking in The Sun caused my problem. Will update you all!

hannity
06-14-12, 11:51 AM
That is just poor craftsmanship they should cover that.

0hfive
06-14-12, 01:18 PM
That is just poor craftsmanship they should cover that. I agree, just a quick update called my guy at service and he did tell me the armrest and dashboard panel is NOT covered under extended warranty. That being said he told me not to worry that he will see what he can do and such. Wish me luck guys:thumbsup:

Just so you can see what my dash looks like in the sun....

nathanjax
06-14-12, 02:28 PM
As I said before, that really looks like bad cleaning products have destroyed it.

hannity
06-15-12, 12:03 AM
I agree, just a quick update called my guy at service and he did tell me the armrest and dashboard panel is NOT covered under extended warranty. That being said he told me not to worry that he will see what he can do and such. Wish me luck guys:thumbsup:

Just so you can see what my dash looks like in the sun....

Good luck.
Found this, I didn't have this issue with mine but I didn't spend much time driving it. Seems to be a issue though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ikSCklf7g8

lee88
06-15-12, 01:46 AM
I don't understand why some people continue to comment on this forum and basically bash the brand. I just think that while you may feel negatively about Cadillac most of us do not. So I can't imagine why you want to basically troll these threads with your negative comments. Nobody cares! No one forced you to buy one and if you didn't like it then tough... Move on!!!
Sorry op but some people are more negative then helpful.

lee88
06-15-12, 01:50 AM
I highly doubt the above damage is due to "poor craftsmanship" if that was the case then more people would have the same problem. My 08 escalade basically bakes all summer at 100+ temps and my dash looks brand new. Looks like something has eaten away at it, possibly a bad cleaning product. Either way I hope you are able to resolve this op

0hfive
06-22-12, 01:46 PM
That's what my service guy told me. Thank you all for the help! GM of Manhattan replaced it for free :)

Again thank you all for the concerns and comments!

nathanjax
06-22-12, 01:54 PM
That's what my service guy told me. Thank you all for the help! GM of Manhattan replaced it for free :)

Again thank you all for the concerns and comments!

Congrats!!! I honestly can't believe they did that. That's good customer service right there!