Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Evap Vent Valve setting P0449 and P0455?

8K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  darkman 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I had P0449 set about two weeks ago and then P0455 and set a couple times since then. Car's at the dealer right now and they're telling me the Evap Vent Valve is bad. Sounds logical, only problem is they want $33 for the part and about 4 hours of labor to replace it? Apparently it's up above the diff? So the 4 hours involves dropping the exhaust, dropping the diff and then replacing the vent.

Anyone know of a clever/cheaper way to get that valve replaced?

Thanks.

#2 ·
4 hours is the standard flat-rate allowance for that task. The Service Manual instructions for replacing that valve starts with "remove the evap cannister" and the instructions for removing the cannister begins with "remove the rear frame." I don't see any shortcuts looking at the Service Manual, but perhaps someone else will.

#4 ·
Sorry to hear about your frustration, Andringa! If you'd like, I could contact your dealership to get more insight into their labor costs. Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like me to explore that (or anything else!) further for you; sending the last eight of your VIN is always helpful to help expedite my research.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.