: Our V's holding our own againist new competition

Ste_V_e
06-12-12, 12:14 AM
Well insideline did a test between the gt500 and zl1. The numbers aren't too different despite our cars being down on power and weighing around 300lbs more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Viwp4RuwuYw&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLDwqO_cGHpwg7Hk9AF8ILlQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USaqtXPKsO8 CTS-V

TriTexan
06-12-12, 11:23 AM
I would say that a set of the new Michelin Super Sports (when they have our sizes) and some engine mods will keep our cars very competitive. A pulley swap and a tune will get you enough extra power to close the gap nicely. And a slight improvement in the tires will close it even more.

But in the end game, many people fret over tiny differences in the data when in the real world the driver makes WAY more difference. Even a moderately skilled driver in a CTS-V will generally do better than a so-so driver in a new GT500.

thebigjimsho
06-12-12, 01:07 PM
I would say that a set of the new Michelin Super Sports (when they have our sizes) and some engine mods will keep our cars very competitive. A pulley swap and a tune will get you enough extra power to close the gap nicely. And a slight improvement in the tires will close it even more.

But in the end game, many people fret over tiny differences in the data when in the real world the driver makes WAY more difference. Even a moderately skilled driver in a CTS-V will generally do better than a so-so driver in a new GT500.

Boom! Right on...

Ste_V_e
06-12-12, 02:49 PM
I've known this since 2007, When the gt500 first showed it's nose heavy SRA head. Ford has been tricking these mouth breathers for years. I fell victim to it 6 months ago when I bought a brand new 2012 gt500 with their claimed "Performance Package" the only nice way to put it is a "POS" Yes the car can be made to go fast in a straight line and now they claim it goes fast around a track, but seriously it's b/c a professional driver and 662hp have something to do with it. They were testing at the "Ring" but yet I see no official times. Why you ask? B/c it's slower than the ZL1.