Cadillac Owners Forum banner

engine problems!

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Trunks817 
#1 ·
i have a 2004 ctsv my ls6 just passed 90,000 miles......and something is wrong, if i accelerate over 5,000 RPM the engine starts bogging down and the engine light starts flashing, im pretty sure this means there is a cylinder miss firing, iv been told it could be the valve springs, and that they should be replaced, others have told me it could be the coils since this only happens over a certain RPM. but even not over 5,000 RPM the car still drives weird, i can feel it.....hard to explain lol......even at idle it doesnt sound normal......anyone have any life saving info for me?! thanks.

#6 ·
just got the plugs and wires changed and its still doing it
For starters, Have u tried disconnecting the battery min or so? This procedure reboots your ecu,, i remember having erratic idle once and i did that to solve the problem.. Another thing would be the MAF sensor, maybe it needs to be cleaned?

Also, coils may not be outputting the right amount of voltage at high rpms, therefor causing the misfire. Based on ur description it will most likely be multiple coils. You can check these by using a voltmeter. The owners manual should give u the correct output voltage for the coilpack i believe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.