: Corsa Sport whistle update.

calherc1
06-11-12, 05:54 PM
Well, Corsa emailed me back and basically said the whistle/whine is normal. I read somewhere here on the forum it was due to the factory crimped exhaust on the left side. Well, today I had the crimped part of the exhaust cut out and replaced with round tubing to match the right side. Unfortunatelly the whistle/whine is still there, no difference. I have concluded it is the supercharger whine traveling through the more free flowing exhaust now. I do have an airaid intake as well. In my case it only occurs under heavy boost and high rpm, just when the supercharger is really spinning/whining. Hope this helps some of you considering replacing the crimped section. Below is the response from Corsa.

On behalf of us all here at CORSA Performance Exhausts, we do appreciate your business.

The occurrence as mentioned below is a standard byproduct to the application. Not to be alarmed as this is typical to when additional performance oriented items are added to these applications; whether intake, headers, pulley changes and/ or exhaust kits are added.

Thank you for enjoying the product!

Paul A. Santiago

TMG Performance Products

Office: 440-260-3135

Fax: 440-891-1868

Ste_V_e
06-11-12, 06:11 PM
I have the sport on my coupe and haven't had this problem so far. Anybody with a coupe have this problem?

JOEYCTS-V
06-11-12, 10:28 PM
You should have asked them why some people have this problem and others don't.