: Need TSB for 2010 V for rear end noise

cts-v ls6
06-11-12, 05:41 PM
I now have 65k miles on my 2010 V2. Before warranty ran out, I had the car in the shop because the rear end would make the "whump-whump" noise when backing out of the garage and turning the wheels. I took it in, they replaced the fluid and all was well.

For about 20k miles.

Now the noise is back, I took the car back in, they cross referenced a differeet issue about the tires making a noise and skidding when backing up, something the original PS2's did, and that that was normal (this was a different service advisor at the same dealership on this second trip.)

So can I expect to get the rear end fixed under warranty since it was diagnosed and treated before warranty ran out? And could someone (flatrock?) please post the rear end TSB?

Thanks.

And how many rear end issues do you have before they replace the rear under warranty?

Thanks,

Jack

smackdownCTSV
06-11-12, 06:09 PM
When did you have the TSB done before? I don't think the TSB's apply after the warranty expires.

flatrockguy
06-11-12, 07:50 PM
I will take a look tomorrow and see what I find..

cts-v ls6
06-12-12, 10:03 AM
I had the TSB done with the fluid refill at about 40K miles, which would have been at about 6 moths ago. I drive about 1000 miles/week.

I would think if I had an established issue before the warranty expired, and a repair was attempted that didn't work, that the issue would be covered (I hope!)

Jack

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-12-12, 10:24 AM
Sorry to hear about your frustrations, Jack! If you'd like me to investigate this concern further for you, please don't hesitate to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com (and if you include the last eight of your VIN, that would help me get started with my research quickly).

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

cts-v ls6
06-21-12, 05:37 PM
Flatrock guy, any luck with TSB number?

Thanks,

Jack

V Wagon
06-21-12, 08:56 PM
Is the rear diff covered under bumper to bumper or Powertrain warranty?

smackdownCTSV
06-21-12, 10:37 PM
The diff is powertrain, obv.

flatrockguy
06-22-12, 04:23 PM
Sorry I didn't get back to you, but I did see a couple different TSB's but none seemed to fit your problem. If you want to PM me with your VIN I can check all the warranty work that has been done on your car and it should list the original TSB for your car.

smackdownCTSV
06-22-12, 05:09 PM
Search sucks on here. I can't find the thread I made posting this TSB.

flatrockguy
06-25-12, 08:55 PM
Here is one of the service docs for rear end noise from 2010

2010 Cadillac CTS | CTS VIN D Service Manual | View All Bulletins | Document ID: 2732850
#10-04-20-001D: Rear Axle Clunk and/or Chatter Type Noise on Turns (Drain/Refill Rear Differential Fluid) - (Nov 8, 2011)
Subject:
Rear Axle Clunk and/or Chatter Type Noise on Turns (Drain/Refill Rear Differential Fluid)

Models: 2003-2012 Cadillac CTS, Sport Wagon (Including V-Series and Export)
2004-2009 Cadillac SRX (Including Export)
2005-2010 Cadillac STS (Including V-Series and Export)
Equipped with Limited Slip Differential (RPO G80)

Condition

Some customers may comment on a clunk and/or chatter type noise from the rear of the vehicle while making turns.
This condition may be worse on vehicles built prior to the 2008 model year. Carbon-faced clutch plates were introduced into production in the 2008 model year and have decreased the likelihood of the clutch plate chatter.

Cause

This condition may be caused by slip/stick of the posi-traction clutch plates due to insufficient limited-slip axle additive. As plates slip and stick, a jumping or jerking feel occurs accompanied by a clunk noise.

Correction

Important: DO NOT remove the differential cover. It is not necessary to flush the old fluid from the differential.
Drain and refill the rear differential with fluid, GM♦P/N♦88862624 (in Canada, 88862625). Refer to the Axle Lubricant Change procedure in SI.
This fluid includes a friction modifier already added with a different formulation that lasts longer and does not break down over time.

Lubrication Specifications

Application
Quantity

Metric
English

Without Differential Oil Cooler
1.1 L
1.16 Qt

With Differential Oil Cooler (Sedan/Wagon)
1.41 L
1.50 Qt

With Differential Oil Cooler (Coupe)
1.8 L
1.9 Qt

Parts Information

Part Number
Description

88862624 (U.S. – 1 qt)

88862625 (Canada – 1 L)
DEXRON® LS Gear Oil

Warranty Information

For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

F9709*
Drain & Refill Rear Axle Fluid
0.6♦hr

*This is a unique labor operation for bulletin use only. It will not be published in the Labor Time Guide.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information. WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION
© 2012 General Motors. All rights reserved.