: After 2 years, it finally happened... my first door ding

sybersport
06-11-12, 03:15 PM
I knew it was just a matter of time, but I somehow kept the body clean from dents and dings for almost 2 years. I even drove my V cross country without any issues.

Then, yesterday, I was having lunch and noticed a soccer mom in a huge SUV park beside me. I saw her fling the door open, and my heart sank. I went out a few moments later and didn't notice anything (it was raining), so I refrained from exchanging pleasantries with her.

Later in the evening, I saw the result - an inch long ding in my drivers side rear fender, near the wheel well.

Just wanted to vent...

JoeS823
06-11-12, 03:22 PM
Sorry to hear that, would've made me sick to my stomach, I caught a rock chip in my driver side quarter panel on the highway and I wanted to throw up afterwards.

hulksdaddy
06-11-12, 03:26 PM
Shoulda killed her. The only humane thing to do.

TriTexan
06-11-12, 03:30 PM
I hope you at least got her plate number. Denting a V should be a felony or something!

M5eater
06-11-12, 03:43 PM
The good thing about having a car that was designed with a ruler; it makes PDR work 100% easier.

any half-wit will take that right out for you as long as the paint is in good shape.

I acutally chipped the paint right on the edge of my car very recently. I was not please either. I did not want to start with the touch-up paint so early.

Satin69
06-11-12, 03:54 PM
Fingers crossed for no paint damage. The diamond paint would be tough to match for sure.

Good News- As long as the dent isnt on a body line, you will be able to have the ding rubbed out.

JoeS823
06-11-12, 03:59 PM
It's almost like our cars are a-hole magnets, not too long ago I was at my girlfriends work with my v and I had parked in a normal parking spot not thinking anything of it, sure enough some old lady pulled in the spot next to my car and flung her door open with enough force to push the door off the hinges missing my car by inches, luckily I was over in the spot far enough, she gets out with her pocket book swinging and nearly drags it down the entire passenger side. People are just so ignorant.

Darnell
06-11-12, 04:23 PM
I hate to hear that. I try to always park in the back of lots, but the other day I parked up front at a jewelry store (engagement ring shopping) and the next thing I know I saw a lady in a Denali park next to me, but luckily she was careful and didn't beat my door down, but I was so nervous.

DiamondWhtV
06-11-12, 07:19 PM
Man I know that must have hurt. We baby our cars and people still don't care. The PDR is fantastic for repairs like this. Definitely go that route.

And...after 2 1/2 years and parking way out of the way, came back to a scuffed passenger door handle yesterday and still no cars around. Got lucky this time. No dents on the door, but it made me sick to see it. Buffed most of it out, but some of the paint was chipped off.

I think the handles come painted...haven't checked but on my next service I am going to find out if the handle comes painted or not. If it does I will just replace it.

Good luck to you.

thebigjimsho
06-12-12, 10:09 AM
I always park far away and take 2 spaces. Always. If a lot is not big enough, I get an end spot. If there aren't any, I consider it the same as a full lot and look elsewhere...

JoeS823
06-12-12, 11:29 AM
I drive around the entire lot looking for the prime spot, and I do the same, if I don't feel comfortable leaving my car I consider the lot full too

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-12-12, 04:06 PM
Oh no! Sorry, sybersport -- I can understand how frustrating that must be after you've put so much care into your Cadillac! Hopefully that's the end of the dings on your V for quite some time.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

stabie
06-12-12, 05:49 PM
What drives me INSANE is when I do park way away near no other cars, some ?ss parks right frickin next to me. There can
be hundreds of spots way closer but for some reason they feel the need to park next to my car. I just don't get it. If they want to look at my car, they could at least have the courtesy of parking a spot away.