: Service bulletin to replace rotors now out

flatrockguy
06-11-12, 11:53 AM
Here is the new bulletin to replace rotors to fix clicking.

#PIC5136H: Clicking Noise From Front Wheels - (Jun 8, 2012)
Subject: Clicking Noise From Front Wheels

Models: 2009 - 2012 Cadillac CTS-V

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This PI was superseded to update recommended field. Please discard PIC5136G.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:

A customer may comment on a clicking noise emanating from the front wheels. This condition is noticed at low speed (walking speed) during full wheel lock turns on dry clean pavement (Full lock parking lot maneuver). The clicking noise is generally noted as approximately 1 to 4 "clicks" per wheel revolution.

The CTS-V has lightweight high performance front rotors with an aluminum center. The clicking sound is caused by interaction between the wheel mounting face and wheel mounting surface on the brake rotor caused by the aluminum-to-aluminum interface.

Recommendation/Instructions:

This condition was previously temporarily remedied through cleaning the rotor and wheel interface. Please STOP doing that cleaning procedure now, and instead replace both front rotors with part numbers listed below:

Left Hand Rotor - 20795300

Right Hand Rotor - 20795302

neuronbob
06-11-12, 12:35 PM
Great news!

Damn. If only I actually had the clicking, though. :( Am about to purchase the new 2-piece rotors.

Razorecko
06-11-12, 01:08 PM
yea right. I feel screwed for not having clicking if people are going to get 2-peice rotors

94danstang
06-11-12, 01:09 PM
Are we to assume these are the infamous two-piece rotors, or are these just newer rotors without the aluminum parts.

My V doesn't have this issue (yet) but good to know there is something official out in case I do have the problem.

Thanks!

DAN

M5eater
06-11-12, 01:23 PM
these are infact the 2 piece rotorshttp://paceperformance.com/i-8579867-20795300-cts-v-camaro-zl1-2-piece-front-left-rotor.html

http://paceperformance.com/i-8579869-20795302-cts-v-camaro-zl1-2-piece-front-right-rotor.html
Not sure if they'll acutally solve anything

My 2 piece rotors click.

Airfoto
06-11-12, 02:56 PM
The way GM verbalizes the problem - seems like they don't have a clue of what is actually causing the issue! Just BS - it's not the rotors!

I have a different noise in my front end that the Mech and 3 others at the dealership have never heard before - slow speed in a turn going in a driveway - it's a noise that I can't explain - they re-torqued all the front end and wheel lugs - didn't help - so their talking to GM Tech in Detriot - we'll see - I think it's the front bushings.

This is what the Detroit Tech what the local tech to do to my car - rotate the front tires to see if they are causing the issue - DUH! They really don't have a clue - how sad and very dishearting taking the car to the dealer!

smackdownCTSV
06-11-12, 03:45 PM
Just take your rotors and move along, sir.

M5eater
06-11-12, 03:59 PM
Just take your rotors and move along, sir.
if anything, $1300 worth of compensation for a somewhat annoying click is pretty decent of them. The fact that they've (finally) acknowledged this needed to happen is good.

smackdownCTSV
06-11-12, 04:14 PM
Pretty much, yeah, and wait the 40K miles when the rotors are warped and reached their EOL.

GM-4-LIFE
06-11-12, 04:28 PM
Watch GM have these rotors on backorder now. Never fails!

tkracing
06-11-12, 04:33 PM
Regardless if it stops the ticking or not I would still like to have the rotors. Sounds like I better jump on this before they realize it's not a fix and replace the bulletin again. Calling my service guy now.

larry arizona
06-11-12, 09:09 PM
When do all these V problems start happening? My 2010 (7400 miles) must be too early or its a fluke.
No clicking wheels, no rocking recaros, no rattling ultraview roof, no supercharger rattle (although when I installed 2.55 I put in the solid isolator in)

flatrockguy
06-11-12, 09:15 PM
My wheel clicking started at 450 miles...

tkracing
06-12-12, 01:44 AM
Same here around 450-500 miles for the wheel click and not much later came the rockin recaros.

thebigjimsho
06-12-12, 09:35 AM
Great news!

Damn. If only I actually had the clicking, though. :( Am about to purchase the new 2-piece rotors.

I might see how good my relationship with my dealer is.

Kmajecki
06-12-12, 03:22 PM
My dealer just ordered me a set and said they'd be in within a week. He said theyll have to verify the condition before replacing. Hopefully it happens when they try it!

flatrockguy
06-12-12, 05:07 PM
I'm getting mine installed on Thursday...

CTSV4now
06-12-12, 05:20 PM
I had the wheel clicking and got the dealer to give me satin black rims.

I have had them on for at least 10,000 miles and no clicking yet.

V Wagon
06-12-12, 05:32 PM
Damn it, I just fixed mine, I think, maybe it will come back...

Smokin_Cache
06-12-12, 09:57 PM
The V will be out of paint this week or early next week. They were going to perform the wheel click PIC when it's done. I called them today to see if they would go ahead and order the rotors for next week so it doesn't delay my car more waiting on them. They did not know about the new PIC so they will verify. I can not imagine them not ordering them to be waiting on my car.

This wheel click also plagues my 2011 Silverado. I have been chasing what I thought was a loose wheel center since the truck was new!! I haven't driven it in months. Today I was in a parking garage and what I thought was the wheel center sounds identical to the V's wheel click. No question it is the same problem. I guess if I ever get the V out of the shop I will take the truck in. The tires have been rotated a couple of time on the truck both times at the dealer. I wonder if they are using the wrong torque spec on it?

6speeder
06-13-12, 09:48 AM
Are the two piece rotors better in some way than the stockers? Are they lighter? Ours already have aluminum hats, but just not bolted together.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-13-12, 11:17 AM
Glad to see so many of you being proactive about the repairs! Let me know if you'd like me to investigate the specifics of any concerns; I'm always available via DM or email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com).

kmajecki, flatrockguy, and Smokin'_Cache - I hope you'll keep us updated on your progress!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Houdini
06-13-12, 06:45 PM
I thought I read on another thread that the two piece rotors are NOT lighter than the stockers.

4DoorV
06-13-12, 07:45 PM
just got the car back today and they put the new rotors on, no charge (fixed as well the sunroof mount rattle, back deck/subwoofer rattle, paint chipping around rear upper brake light, and door handle). So far so good. Had 47,000 miles on original rotors, so good timing. if they end up clicking, i will put a thin layer of high compression grease in between surfaces again, which fixed the clicking before with the original ones.

Thunder Gray STS
06-13-12, 07:55 PM
just got the car back today and they put the new rotors on, no charge (fixed as well the sunroof mount rattle, back deck/subwoofer rattle, paint chipping around rear upper brake light, and door handle). So far so good. Had 47,000 miles on original rotors, so good timing. if they end up clicking, i will put a thin layer of high compression grease in between surfaces again, which fixed the clicking before with the original ones.

What was causing the back deck sub rattle? Mine does that.

4DoorV
06-13-12, 08:03 PM
improper padding material and issue with subwoofer (which they replaced), Bulletin #09-08-44-003

F U FAST
06-13-12, 09:16 PM
TSB's maybe "sticky" worthy?

Kmajecki
06-13-12, 09:27 PM
Are the two piece rotors better in some way than the stockers? Are they lighter? Ours already have aluminum hats, but just not bolted together.

I believe they are supposed to cool better with the veins being exposed at both the inner and outer parts of the disc

smackdownCTSV
06-13-12, 10:23 PM

So you got 47K out of the rotors? Pads too? City:Hwy driving?

GM-4-LIFE
06-14-12, 12:24 AM
My dealer said they will be stocking these rotors and have them on order. They said they will call me so I can get them installed as I have the clicking too. I have waited this long, what's another week?

4DoorV
06-14-12, 02:44 AM
So you got 47K out of the rotors? Pads too? City:Hwy driving?

Yes, 47k on original rotors and pads. A combination 50/50 city/highway (spirited driving)

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-14-12, 07:11 PM

Thank you for sharing such great news! :) We're thrilled that everything is back to where it should be, and wish you many happy miles!
Best,
Sarah (Assisting Katie)

BTSinAustin
06-14-12, 07:42 PM
Was dropping the car (2011 sedan, 6 speed) off at the dealer today for service and he informed me of the bulletin. Rotors ordered and will be here in a week.

thebigjimsho
06-14-12, 09:14 PM
I've got 37k on my original rotors. They do need to be replaced before I track them again as tiny cracks have formed in the center of the ring. But that was with about 25k miles on DTC-30 pads, about 12k on OEM pads and a few hundred miles on DTC-70 hard core track pads...

Smokin_Cache
06-14-12, 11:53 PM
I got word today they put the rotors on mine before it went back to paint. So it now has two piece rotors, and a two tone paint job! Maybe I will get to drive it next week

jft69z
06-15-12, 10:41 AM
Mine went on order yesterday. Service writer was great, no drama at all.

Trapspeed
06-15-12, 03:08 PM
Mine are on order, too. Looking forward to finding out if this will do it.

xmaciek82x
06-15-12, 03:38 PM
improper padding material and issue with subwoofer (which they replaced), Bulletin #09-08-44-003

Wow never knew that. That rattle is driving me nuts. Will have the dealer take a look when I go in tomorrow. Is there a website or something that has these bulletins posted for our cars?

M5eater
06-15-12, 05:19 PM
Just got my rotors on order. I didn't believe it 100% until I was handed the exact TSB.

PROPS TO GM!

JOEYCTS-V
06-15-12, 11:12 PM
Are your dealers letting you keep the old rotors?

jft69z
06-16-12, 02:56 AM

Not likely because it will be a warranty repair. I'll let you know in a week or so.

flatrockguy
06-16-12, 07:36 AM
No, they keep the rotors because it's warranty work...

M5eater
06-16-12, 08:37 AM
They can have the old bi-alloy rotors for all I care.

thebigjimsho
06-16-12, 10:18 AM
They can have the old bi-alloy rotors for all I care.

Or you could send them my way...

Gary Wells
06-16-12, 05:41 PM
I wonder if the wheels have to be clicking when you take the car in for rotor replacement. The dealer did the wheel click about 6 months ago and I have not heard peep one out of the wheels since then. My warranty expires about 1 month down the road (2009 purchased in July of 2009), even though my mileage is about 16K.

flatrockguy
06-16-12, 06:11 PM
I would contact the dealer and give them the TSB and have them replaced. It's a known issue and there should be know problem...

M5eater
06-16-12, 09:21 PM
Jesus I feel bad for people that have had to put up with this BS for the last 4 years. It's SUPER loud right now. and it's happening every time I go past 1/2 a wheel turn.

Trapspeed
06-16-12, 11:24 PM
Yeah....I'll be happy if it just fixes it.

baabootoo
06-17-12, 02:07 AM
I wonder if the wheels have to be clicking when you take the car in for rotor replacement. The dealer did the wheel click about 6 months ago and I have not heard peep one out of the wheels since then. My warranty expires about 1 month down the road (2009 purchased in July of 2009), even though my mileage is about 16K.

Same here.

Trapspeed
06-17-12, 08:23 AM
My guess is as long as it's on record with them they'd honor the fix. Certainly they can't say, "we've never heard of this before".

bouser
06-17-12, 10:44 AM
Warranty is good for 4 year 50K

baabootoo
06-17-12, 12:09 PM
I hope that I can get mine to click!

Gary Wells
06-17-12, 08:31 PM
Warranty is good for 4 year 50K

Are you certain about that?
2009 CTS-V sedan, purchased July, 2009, 16K miles currently.

bouser
06-17-12, 10:09 PM
Yes I have a 09 also, it says on the window sticker 4 yr bumper to bumper 50k and 5 yr 100 k power train.
Oh I took your advise and got a chip from Turbo Tweek for my Ty.

Gary Wells
06-18-12, 12:34 PM
Yes I have a 09 also, it says on the window sticker 4 yr bumper to bumper 50k and 5 yr 100 k power train.
Oh I took your advise and got a chip from Turbo Tweek for my Ty.

Many thanks, bouser. You will be extremely happy with that Eric Marshall (Turbo Tweak) chip.

Purple87SS
06-18-12, 08:53 PM
Just got back form picking up my car from Holman Cadillac in Mt. Laurel, NJ. They were aware of the Bulletin and mentioned it to me when I told him about the wheels clicking. Also had the front driver side window regulator replaced, as well as a flakey TPMS sensor under warranty. Dealer was great and put no miles on my car while it was there. Satisfied customer here. Do the rotors need to be bedded or broken in?

BTW, I only run Turbo Tweak chips in my WE4(since 2006) and recognize your name, Gary from tb.com.

tamraz
06-19-12, 10:23 PM
Previously my dealer put new 2011 rims on my 10 due to clicking so they were aware of the problem. A few weeks ago when I had my car in for an oil change and tire rotation they heard the clicking so they cleaned everything real good. Barely and clicking since. Today I received a call from my dealer telling me that they took it upon themselves to order me new rotors and to bring my car in at my convenience so they can put the new 2pc rotors on. Totally impressed with them doing this for me before I even requested it. Now that's service. Go Cadillac of Naperville.

FFBOS
06-20-12, 10:41 AM
I talked to a service rep today, sounds like you have to have the actualy clicking and it has to be audible to them for the rotors to be replaced. Sounds like an every now and then click won't do it.

bouser
06-20-12, 04:33 PM
Just got back from Plaza Caddy. had the new rotors put on. No more clicking also pedal feel is a little diff.

GM-4-LIFE
06-20-12, 05:09 PM
My V Coupe is at the dealer right now getting them put on as well as other concerns.

thebigjimsho
06-20-12, 08:11 PM
Just got back from Plaza Caddy. had the new rotors put on. No more clicking also pedal feel is a little diff.Oh Tony...

muohio
06-20-12, 08:47 PM
Crap, they did the original TSB on mine at 5k and it has clicked in over 15k miles now. Maybe I should slightly untorque my rims to see if it comes back.

smackdownCTSV
06-20-12, 09:21 PM
Just got back from Plaza Caddy. had the new rotors put on. No more clicking also pedal feel is a little diff.

You had to bed them in again.

smackdownCTSV
06-20-12, 09:22 PM
Crap, they did the original TSB on mine at 5k and it has clicked in over 15k miles now. Maybe I should slightly untorque my rims to see if it comes back.

I like your style.

http://media-cache6.pinterest.com/upload/8162843044919243_jYxSnpAP_b.jpg

Kmajecki
06-20-12, 10:24 PM
My V Coupe is at the dealer right now getting them put on as well as other concerns.

Dealer called me this afternoon and the rotors are on! I haven't seen them yet. They're still adjusting my drivers side door/window on my coupe. I noticed a bit of wind noise at 167 the other day ;) Hoping to pick it up tomorrow

jwall09
06-20-12, 10:58 PM
The way GM verbalizes the problem - seems like they don't have a clue of what is actually causing the issue! Just BS - it's not the rotors!

I have a different noise in my front end that the Mech and 3 others at the dealership have never heard before - slow speed in a turn going in a driveway - it's a noise that I can't explain - they re-torqued all the front end and wheel lugs - didn't help - so their talking to GM Tech in Detriot - we'll see - I think it's the front bushings.

This is what the Detroit Tech what the local tech to do to my car - rotate the front tires to see if they are causing the issue - DUH! They really don't have a clue - how sad and very dishearting taking the car to the dealer!

I have an interesting noise as well under the same circumstances you mentioned above. Mine almost has a wet rubber on wet rubber slowly rubbed together with a lot of pressure kind of noise or something... kind of like a vibration like noise... Similar to yours?

Trapspeed
06-24-12, 11:53 AM
Mine went on today. Just picked up the car. So far, clicking is gone. I'm cautiously optimistic but we'll see how some mileage plays out. So far so good!!

carterb
06-24-12, 03:55 PM
My front wheels are clicking now at 7000 miles. Guess I'll need to make an appointment...

Trapspeed
06-24-12, 04:38 PM
My front wheels are clicking now at 7000 miles. Guess I'll need to make an appointment...

Do it soon before GM changes the TSB again!!

jft69z
06-25-12, 03:44 PM
Picked up the new rotors today, they sure are pretty.The edges are stamped Brembo, Made in Italy, either Left or Right and also the GM part numbers.

V Wagon
06-25-12, 03:50 PM
Did they give them to you to install yourself?

Trapspeed
06-25-12, 06:54 PM
They didn't give them directly to me!

theghost
06-26-12, 05:05 AM
My first post! :thumbsup: Glad I came to this forum to research. I have a little over 4k miles on my tri-coat '11 V Coupe (will have had 1 year this July)---- same issue as everyone else...:rolleyes: "Clicking" sound when turning past half way on the wheel or more at low speeds. I've noticed it mostly just when I'm pulling back out of the driveway or sharp turning radius in a parking lot, etc. ----> Glad they have found a remedy for this as it was starting to finally get on my nerves!:rant2: I have been baby-ing' the brakes , but now I can really see how well they work. I have yet to stomp on them with any force........ but that's going to change tomorrow. lol

On the same note, when you get this fixed , what is the best procedure for breaking in the new rotors??? :confused:

I also have found that the drivers seat to move as well or something odd,,, maybe I'm just dreaming when it feels like it moves or makes noise... time to search out another thread to find out more on that Recaro seat issue.

Purple87SS
06-26-12, 09:14 AM
I also have found that the drivers seat to move as well or something odd,,, maybe I'm just dreaming when it feels like it moves or makes noise... time to search out another thread to find out more on that Recaro seat issue.

LOL, I think you might find a few...just saying.

jzr1
06-28-12, 02:37 PM
First time clicking noise started, the dealer fixed the issue. Now it's been about oh 3months.... More clicking. Haven't changed the oil twice and two recalls for front wheel issues. I understand if this is $7500 used muscle car with 100,000 miles. I'm glad that they are offering a fix but is it really a fix? Does anyone know for a fact what the clicking is? Has anyone had the front wheel lock up or any accidents as a result? Maybe a good set of 5point harness to go along with the recaro seats would make me feel better. Is it legal to drive with a helmet and hans device on Texas highways?

Shoevette
06-28-12, 04:44 PM
I will be taking by '11 coupe in soon, as the clicking is not only annoying but embarrassing. Have you experienced a performance improvement with the new rotors??

M5eater
06-28-12, 09:36 PM
I will be taking by '11 coupe in soon, as the clicking is not only annoying but embarrassing. Have you experienced a performance improvement with the new rotors??

you'll notice a difference after multiple 100+mph stops in a row. Otherwise, there's no difference.

NickCat
06-28-12, 09:54 PM
Mine just started clicking 2 weeks ago (4200 miles, 2012 wagon)... first happened after a rain storm... now it's happening about 30% of the time when I've got the wheel cranked and I'm pulling into parking spots, backing out of my driveway... strange that it's not 100% of the time... seems as though temperature, or some other condition, must cause it to happen.

I'm happy there is a fix... now I just have to call the dealership I visit, since it's 1 hour away so they order the rotors before I show up.

I've been lucky otherwise... except my recaros have been rocking left/right on 20mph cornering since day one. I already brought it in, but the tech was claiming ignorance... figured I would let it slide until I had another reason to visit. The tech's "suggestion" was to leave the seat adjusted to the lowest height setting... ummmm... thanks... It still didn't help... it did lessen the rock slightly, but not enough to be happy with that "solution."

p rao
06-28-12, 11:32 PM
My 2011 CTS V Sedan BDE had the clicking problem at 5k miles. The new rotors fixed the problem. Great service dept at Levis Caddy in Slidell, La.

Stillborn
06-29-12, 12:09 AM
i'm gonna put a playing card with a clothespin inside my hub and get me some new 2 piece rotors. baleedat!

BWhite58
06-29-12, 08:00 AM

I've been lucky otherwise... except my recaros have been rocking left/right on 20mph cornering since day one. I already brought it in, but the tech was claiming ignorance... figured I would let it slide until I had another reason to visit. The tech's "suggestion" was to leave the seat adjusted to the lowest height setting... ummmm... thanks... It still didn't help... it did lessen the rock slightly, but not enough to be happy with that "solution."

Any Tech that gives a solution like that shouldnt even be trusted to pick pebbles out of tire treads .

M5eater
06-29-12, 08:22 AM
Rotors are on the car!

yipee!

Trapspeed
06-29-12, 12:08 PM
Nice! Here's to silent wheels....we hope.

M5eater
06-29-12, 12:35 PM
Nice! Here's to silent wheels....we hope.

The rotors that caused the problem were 2 piece rotors. .

Trapspeed
06-29-12, 05:29 PM
Your noisy ones were two piece? The ones they took off my car looked like a solid cast without that black hat portion. ???

M5eater
06-29-12, 05:38 PM
yes, the rotors that were clicking we're my 2 piece rotors I bought through luke

Trapspeed
06-29-12, 08:47 PM
Oh wow. Didn't know that! I thought just the old "inferior" ones clicked.

jeff342
06-30-12, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the TSB. I had the two piece rotors put on my 2011 sedan yesterday, 13,700 miles. No clicking when I picked it up. I had the original TSB cleaning at around 7,000 and the clicking returned after about 4K miles. The new rotors look pretty good, they need some breaking in I think as the brakes are not what they used to be. I am sure they will return to their best in a few hundred miles of wear in.

Trapspeed
06-30-12, 10:55 PM
Yes...bed those brakes into those new rotors properly!! I did it as soon as I left the dealership on a side street. Had the pads swapped for new ones while I was there.

calherc1
07-02-12, 10:11 PM
I have an 09 with 16,000 mi and never heard the click. Should I even consider replacing the rotors with the TSB? Are the new ones any better?

pdetti
07-03-12, 07:19 AM

They need to replace the seat tracks. My dealer gave me a hassle too. Then they claimed GM had a fix and they created some new washer. So they installed that and it did nothing. Finally they agreed to get new seat tracks, like I had requested 3 months earlier, and this fixed the lateral movement and clunking. I love my V but the interior is so inferior to German cars. Everything creaks! And these seats are so not worth a $3400 upgrade, but when the standard CTS seats are your only other option, wow.

Trapspeed
07-03-12, 07:24 AM
I have an 09 with 16,000 mi and never heard the click. Should I even consider replacing the rotors with the TSB? Are the new ones any better?

I don't know if "better" is the best word but they do look a hell of a lot nicer!

M5eater
07-03-12, 08:39 AM

They're not going to give you rotors for free for a problem you don't have. As mentioned. Sans someone that takes the vehicle to an acutal road-course often, there's no benefit the brembo rotors offer over the stock rotors. I would consider myself a 'casual' racer that goes to autoX and has been to one or two HPDE's in the novice section, I didn't manage to test the limits of the stock dual-cast rotors on the black car, and I don't expect I'll ever max out the brembos without quite a few more events and seat time under my belt.

We have brakes the size of dinner plates. Throw some good pads on them and only very experienced drivers will be able to tell the difference. infact, iirc the DOT3 fluid in the lines will probably boil before you overheat the stock rotors.

extrabolts
07-03-12, 09:07 AM
people seem to think this is a great free upgrade. It isn't - it is a solution to a problem. If you don't have the problem you don't need the solution. Any noticed 'performance' enhancement beyond the cliking going away is going to be purely placebo. Unfortunately threads like this where people suggest they are going to intentionally break their car or knowingly ask for something they do not need is why manufacturers hesitate to post tsbs online.. If you have or develop a click by all means that is unacceptable and you should have it fixed. But if not, you van get groceries, commute, and do track events the same with the rotors you have as with the new ones.

stuckbehindaprius
07-03-12, 03:06 PM
What should the new rotors look like? Mine look....odd. Are they supposed to have those screws facing the outside?

Here's what they look like:

http://imgur.com/a/C17CE#0

cruiser68
07-03-12, 03:13 PM
What should the new rotors look like? Mine look....odd. Are they supposed to have those screws facing the outside?

Here's what they look like:

http://imgur.com/a/C17CE#0

Those look like the new 2-piece rotors. The old ones have no screws/bolts as they are cast together.

stuckbehindaprius
07-03-12, 03:24 PM
Thanks, these are the new ones I just had put in, I was a bit worried. They look cool though, like racing rotors :)

Trapspeed
07-03-12, 07:57 PM
Yep. Those are what my new ones look like.

khoeysr
07-05-12, 10:47 AM
My 12 coupe just started clicking at 3500 miles.

Do they replace the rotors on all 4 wheels under this TSB?

jft69z
07-05-12, 11:14 AM
My 12 coupe just started clicking at 3500 miles.

Do they replace the rotors on all 4 wheels under this TSB?

Just the fronts....

tlsmikey
07-06-12, 12:10 AM
Well, I took my 2010 in today and they replaced the rotors. Unfortunately the clicking is better but it's still there. Not good. Gonna give it more time.

I wonder if chrome wheels are the issue.

Trapspeed
07-06-12, 07:27 AM
If it's any consolation, mine aren't chrome and they clicked like a metronome on crack. Seems to be fixed...for now.

thebigjimsho
07-06-12, 06:29 PM
And...mine are on order...

baabootoo
07-07-12, 12:39 AM
If it's any consolation, mine aren't chrome and they clicked like a metronome on crack. Seems to be fixed...for now.

Mine are the polished ones, and have never clicked. I wish that they would so I could figure this out once and for all!

Trapspeed
07-07-12, 08:10 AM
Tell me about it. So far my new ones are great. So far.

Mike02z
07-07-12, 08:56 AM
Mine clicked like craxy. Just put on new wheels but they are simply the GM graphite wheels. I will see if they still click. The only other advantage to replacing the rotors is getting new ones :)

thebigjimsho
07-07-12, 03:08 PM
My rotors never clicked except for once. Watch these 2 piece ones click like crazy. Whatever, I needed new rotors anyway...

rangerrob
07-10-12, 12:26 PM
Got mine installed this morning!

caddiedrummer
07-10-12, 01:06 PM
got mine yesterday. On way back to office from dealer they were still clicking slightly going thru the parking garage. we shall see......

captain slow
07-13-12, 05:26 PM
Got mine today let's see what happens

thebigjimsho
07-13-12, 06:11 PM
Well, got a card saying my rotors came in instead of a call. And the dealer, which used to be open on Sat mornings, isnt open anymore.

And the guy I talked to on the phone won't swap unless I can make them click, whereas the rep I talked to in person said no problem.

Guess I deserve it since mine have almost never clicked, but I'm leaving for Minnesota on Sunday and was supposed to have a track day in Brainerd on Wednesday. But with the spider cracks on my current rotors, no way I'm tracking on them.

Oh well...

Trapspeed
07-13-12, 06:31 PM
That's exactly what I would tell them! "Why did your cohort order these sight unseen if YOU need me to make them click!!" Morons.

thebigjimsho
07-13-12, 06:42 PM
It's too late for my vacation trip and track day.

Trapspeed
07-13-12, 07:31 PM
That blows but you can bet I'd be coming after them bad-boys as soon as I got home! Call the first guy and schedule the appointment and just show up. That would do it!

theamcguy
07-13-12, 10:35 PM
Well, got a card saying my rotors came in instead of a call. And the dealer, which used to be open on Sat mornings, isnt open anymore.

And the guy I talked to on the phone won't swap unless I can make them click, whereas the rep I talked to in person said no problem.

Guess I deserve it since mine have almost never clicked, but I'm leaving for Minnesota on Sunday and was supposed to have a track day in Brainerd on Wednesday. But with the spider cracks on my current rotors, no way I'm tracking on them.

Oh well...

Jim what are you gonna do rent a car for the track day? Sorry to hear you won't be able to track the V I know you look forward to it.

thebigjimsho
07-14-12, 06:13 AM
Jim what are you gonna do rent a car for the track day? Sorry to hear you won't be able to track the V I know you look forward to it.

Nah, I'll just watch and do ride-alongs.

Almondted
07-19-12, 03:25 PM
After notifying Three Way Chevrolet/Cadillac here in Bakersfield that I have an occasional clicking when in full turn the service advisor told me about the TSB out on the rotors and ordered them right then. One week later I was notified by a card in the mail they were in and to schedule a time to install them. We left town for a couple of days and did not call the dealer. On tuesday the advisor called me and wanted to schedule a time to install. We agreed on thursday morning at 8:00AM. My wife took it in this morning at 8 and waited cause he said the job would take 11/2 hours. Sure enough she was on the road by 9:30. Loving my local Caddy dealer so far! :)

Trapspeed
07-19-12, 09:20 PM
That's how it should always be. Good news.

vade_R
07-20-12, 01:34 AM
went in for an oil change, no clicking in the last 6 months, and when i came back after work, BAMM new 2-piece rotors!!!!, no waiting no asking no nothing, but i did have the clicking before and had the grease and tightening procedure done twice in the past!! Vera cadillac in hollywood FL rocks!! awesome people
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/vade-R/IMG_5723.jpg

jzchen
07-21-12, 12:57 AM
I have aftermarket lugs, actually "The System" wheel locks by Gorilla Automotive installed. The driver side front wheel clicked. I let the car cool overnight and loosened and torqued each bolt to spec. No clicking since. (Sigh.) Those look nice!!!!!

lobsterhat
07-21-12, 11:30 PM
I just got a new gently used 2011 CTS-V sedan and have noticed the clicking just as described, sounds like I'm off to the dealer to get some new rotors on Monday! I love automotive web forums!

fee5fofum
07-28-12, 05:48 PM
Just had mine serviced today , so far so good!!

The TSB on my service invioce is: #PIC5136J

Part #'s :
20795300 Rotor
20795302 F-Rotor

#PIC5136J Replace both front brake rotors for noise H9766 1.0

Zhariak
07-29-12, 07:30 PM
Just had mine serviced today , so far so good!!

The TSB on my service invioce is: #PIC5136J

Part #'s :
20795300 Rotor
20795302 F-Rotor

#PIC5136J Replace both front brake rotors for noise H9766 1.0

Any update?

My issue on my new 12 V Coupe is getting horrible... Mostly only when turning right, doesn't matter if its 2km/h in a parking lot or 120km/h on highway on-ramp... If it's turned right it's clicking... Was going to wait till my first oil change to get this looked at, but people are commenting on the clicking/snapping (embarrassing).

akh
07-29-12, 10:30 PM
I had my rotors changed on Friday and the 2 piece ones look so much better.

Zhariak
07-30-12, 08:21 AM
I had my rotors changed on Friday and the 2 piece ones look so much better.

Although it's cool they look nicer, I'm more concerned about them actually resolving the clicking issue...

V Wagon
07-30-12, 01:19 PM
I got the new rotors Friday as well.
After seeing the part numbers on the invoice I looked them up on gmpartsdirect.com. 572.10 for the PAIR on there, 50% off the list price. Not even that much more than the co-cast rotors on GMPD really.

thebigjimsho
07-30-12, 04:49 PM
I'd still go to Luke for not much more, better shipping and better customer service...

calherc1
07-31-12, 01:24 PM
I got mine installed yesterday with new Hawk Pads. They look great and no click so far.

mrk4543
07-31-12, 05:32 PM
Mine went on today...we'll see if the change makes a difference.

BreakThrough
08-01-12, 06:36 PM
Here is the new bulletin to replace rotors to fix clicking.

#PIC5136H: Clicking Noise From Front Wheels - (Jun 8, 2012)
Subject: Clicking Noise From Front Wheels

Models: 2009 - 2012 Cadillac CTS-V

This PI was superseded to update recommended field. Please discard PIC5136G.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:

A customer may comment on a clicking noise emanating from the front wheels. This condition is noticed at low speed (walking speed) during full wheel lock turns on dry clean pavement (Full lock parking lot maneuver). The clicking noise is generally noted as approximately 1 to 4 "clicks" per wheel revolution.

The CTS-V has lightweight high performance front rotors with an aluminum center. The clicking sound is caused by interaction between the wheel mounting face and wheel mounting surface on the brake rotor caused by the aluminum-to-aluminum interface.

Recommendation/Instructions:

This condition was previously temporarily remedied through cleaning the rotor and wheel interface. Please STOP doing that cleaning procedure now, and instead replace both front rotors with part numbers listed below:

Left Hand Rotor - 20795300

Right Hand Rotor - 20795302

Took my 2011 V coupe to the dealership today for oil change and clicking noise. They knew of the problem and the related service bulletin. Dealer had the rotors in stock and the car was ready for pick up in 2 hrs. Will report if it did not fix the issue.

On a side note, had a 2011 DTS as a loaner. It reminded me of how much i did like the Northstar. Had it in an ETC and an STS. As far as the DTS overall, talk about feeling dated.

baabootoo
08-01-12, 08:13 PM
Damn, I wish mine clicked. Those do look nice.

JTinCA
08-02-12, 11:43 AM
My 2012 Wagon wheels didn't click for the first 6 months, then had the wheels off for some unrelated service and since then I did have clicking, just when turning one direction.

Gave the bulletin number to my service manager at St. Claire Cadillac in Santa Clara, CA - he said he had 6 sets of rotors in stock, made an appointment, work took about 2.5 hours, 15 minutes of which was me searching the car for the security lugnut adapter.

It's been about a month since the new brakes were installed, haven't heard any clicking since.

They look great. Almost to the point that it makes the previously OMG cool giant rear Brembo brakes look tacky and plain by comparison.

SoonerSpeedFreak
08-02-12, 07:36 PM
Ok has anyone ever heard of this. I finally decided to take my V in and get some things fixed. Alway's leary of the dealers service departments so I just live with most. They ordered all the parts in for 4 fix's. Made an appointment. They said about a day but would have my car back that day. Got a call at 4 pm and they had my car since 8am. They said my " rotor's were stuck to my hubs". So they are keeping my car over night. They ordered new hub's and they are spose to be here by 3 tomorrow to get fixed. Yes they have been cool and got me the 2 peice rotors no questions asked. They were fixing the sub woofer, rear deck rattle with TSB. And a recall issue. They gave me a 2005 pontiac gran prix peace of crap for a loaner.... LOL. Is that normal for a loaner? Never had such a crappy loaner before. Totaled out in hail damage!
They have been super cool so far. But I am going to go ballistic if they don't have my car ready tomorrow. No way I want it sitting there all weekend and stuck driving this crap loaner. Not sure why they didn't just put my car back together.
So anyone ever heard of the stuck rotors?

smackdownCTSV
08-02-12, 09:58 PM
Probably over torqued or whomever did the original TSB used the wrong grease, maybe gorilla glue?

setherman5000
08-07-12, 06:31 PM
My 2011 sedan went in today clicking away. I called and explained what was going on and made an app. and they took the car without even driving it. They gave me a 2012 Srx and said it should be ready in 2 days.

allinmyhead
08-07-12, 06:50 PM
300 miles with the new rotors and I've noticed one or two ticks in the parking garage when I have to use full lock to get into a spot (garage is tight). At first, no tick, now one or two here or there. If it says like that, I'm totally fine with it; with the original rotors it sounded like I had playing cards in my spokes.

However, I don't have a ton of faith. I expect it'll get bad again in a few thousand miles.

dgarza
08-13-12, 08:48 PM
is this an actual TSB? Reason I ask is because I do have the clicking noise and I called my local dealership but they said they showed nothing about this TSB. They did say to bring in the car so that they could "scrub the rotors down" but nothing about actually replacing them. I also called my local chevy dealer and gave him PIC5136H and he said he wasnt pulling anything up with that either. Thanks
D

RapidRob
08-13-12, 09:51 PM
^^^ - According to earlier info about this subject, the TSB# is actually, "PIC5136J". It is out there cause other members have gotten new rotors based on it - so if the dealer claims ignorance, cry foul on them IMO.

Rob

Zhariak
08-13-12, 10:00 PM
Interesting fact to throw in here...

Brought vehicle in to dealership, one of the reason was HORRIBLE clicking wheels... Mention TSB/PIC and show them, they confirm it... Ordered, waiting for them to come in....

However, they had to take my wheels off for some other stuff, when they put them back on, they didn't click for ~1,500km... Then they started again... Just thinking back to the root of the problem, could it be because the bolts are lose?

JTinCA
08-13-12, 10:09 PM
is this an actual TSB? Reason I ask is because I do have the clicking noise and I called my local dealership but they said they showed nothing about this TSB. They did say to bring in the car so that they could "scrub the rotors down" but nothing about actually replacing them. I also called my local chevy dealer and gave him PIC5136H and he said he wasnt pulling anything up with that either. Thanks
D

Here's what I sent:
Subject: CTSV clicking noise

Not sure if you remember me, but I’ve been in a few times with my 2012 CTSV Wagon I purchased there, most recently for a clutch pedal return spring a few weeks ago. I’ve started hearing a clicking or ticking sound from the front wheels when turning and driving at slow speeds, such as in a parking lot or underground garage. Afterdoing some searching it seems this is a known issue and there’s a new service bulletin that entails replacing the front rotors to eliminate the noise. I wanted confirm this fix and if the information is accurate, to make an appointment to get mine replaced. I’ve been told the bulletin is #PIC5136H which was posted June 8.

Can you please confirm?

Here's what my dealer replied:

Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 8:10 AM
Subject: RE: CTSV clicking noise

Hi
All of your information is correct. When I last checked, I had 8 sets of rotors available. At your convenience, go ahead and set up an appointment with me online or with my service coordinator Tanya. Her direct # is 408-551-2025. If she does not answer leave a message and she will contact you back.
Thank You
St Claire Cadillac
Main 408-244-1000

Has No Left
11-14-12, 07:31 PM
I just bought a 2012 V sedan with 10k miles. On the car fax I noticed that the original owner had the front rotors replaced due to this TSB. However, my "new" rotors still click at low speeds on full lock turns. I only get one or two clicks but they are very pronounced - always at very low speeds like turning the wheel when backing out of a parking spot.

As the car has already received new rotors, should I go back and get a 3rd set? As the first rotor replacement didn't solve the issue, I'm not confident that a another set would...

Is there any performance/safety/wear life issue related to this, or is it just the annoyance of the "click"?

dennych
11-14-12, 08:20 PM
so if your wheels aren't clicking, no two piece rotors :(?

Mikes2009V
11-14-12, 08:22 PM
I just bought a 2012 V sedan with 10k miles. On the car fax I noticed that the original owner had the front rotors replaced due to this TSB. However, my "new" rotors still click at low speeds on full lock turns. I only get one or two clicks but they are very pronounced - always at very low speeds like turning the wheel when backing out of a parking spot.

As the car has already received new rotors, should I go back and get a 3rd set? As the first rotor replacement didn't solve the issue, I'm not confident that a another set would...

Is there any performance/safety/wear life issue related to this, or is it just the annoyance of the "click"?

The bulletin has changed over the last few months. The original fix was cleaning rotor hats and retorquing wheels. Then the 2 piece rotor swap when that didn't work. The latest bulletin replaces lug nuts with a slightly different nut and that's what finally worked for my car after the first 2 bulletins failed. Hope this helps

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-15-12, 02:45 PM

Has No Left, if you would like me to investigate further for you at any point, please email me the last eight of your VIN at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com. If you haven't done so already, I would definitely recommend checking in with your Cadillac dealership to bring their attention to your concerns.

Best,

Katie

flatrockguy
11-15-12, 05:13 PM
Here is the current PIC5136N

Service Information

Document ID: 2965845

Models: 2009 - 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Models
Built Prior to VIN Breakpoint D0106083

Condition/Concern

With properly mounted wheels, and the wheel nuts torqued to specification, this “clicking” is NOT a safety issue.

Recommendation/Instructions

Note: Do NOT replace the front wheel or brake rotor for the clicking condition. The new brake rotors that were previously advised to be installed for this condition should no longer be installed. The recommended procedure is to now clean all wheels and rotor top hats as well as replace all wheel nuts as described below.
Procedure:
1. Remove front wheels
2. Clean wheels as follows:
- a) Use a clean cloth dampened with GM Brake Parts Cleaner (P/N 19287400 or equivalent).
- b) Wipe the mounting surface of the wheel to remove any residual grey or black material that has accumulated on the wheel mounting surface. Be careful not to use the Brake Cleaner on the painted or clear coated surfaces of the wheel. It is also helpful to use a Scotch-Brite Cleaning Pad to aid in cleaning.
Note: Be sure NOT to use the scotch pads (Roloc disc) on the aluminum material. All cleaning MUST be done by hand. Do NOT use ANY air or power tools!
3. Clean the rotor top hat as follows:
- a) Use clean cloth dampened with GM Brake Parts Cleaner (P/N 19287400 or equivalent).
- b) Clean the wheel mounting surface of the rotor (rotor top hat) to remove any residual grey or black material that has accumulated on the rotor. During the cleaning process be sure to clean the rotor near the wheel pilot at the center of the rotor. It is also helpful to use a Scotch-Brite Cleaning Pad to aid in cleaning.
Note: Be sure to NOT use scotch pads (Roloc discs) on the aluminum material. All cleaning MUST be done by hand, do NOT use ANY air or power tools!
Note: Be sure to thoroughly dry the wheel and rotor prior to installation on vehicle.

4. Reinstall wheels using replacement wheel nuts with P/N 9598179 (quantity 20 required for all 4 wheels) (these can be identified with a blue color on the inboard conical portion of the nut (see pic) and torque to spec, 150 Nm (110 lb ft).

Note: If a car had the 2-piece rotors installed (Part number P/N 20795300 & 20795302) prior to the release of these "blue cone" wheel nuts and has a repeat wheel click concern, perform this cleaning procedure, replace the wheel nuts with the new blue cone nuts, and torque to spec,150 Nm (110 lb ft).

Note: If the vehicle owner has installed a locking lug nut kit, a "blue cone" replacement locking kit (P/N 19259109) must be installed in place of owner’s added kit.

Warranty Information

For vehicles repaired under warranty use:

Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

H9752
Clean Mating Surface Of Wheel and Rotor to Correct Noise Concern (both sides)
0.6 hr
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information. WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION
2012 General Motors. All rights reserved

elphil
11-15-12, 08:25 PM
Torque 110 lb ft? Up to now we were told to torque around 150 lb ft. Maybe the new lug nuts account for the difference.

Looked it up in the 2012 CTS/CTS-V Owners Manual. Page 12-3. Torque is listed at 140 lb ft.

Has No Left
11-15-12, 10:55 PM
Has No Left, if you would like me to investigate further for you at any point, please email me the last eight of your VIN at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com. If you haven't done so already, I would definitely recommend checking in with your Cadillac dealership to bring their attention to your concerns.

Best,

Katie

Thanks Katie, just sent you an email.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-16-12, 10:36 AM
Thanks Katie, just sent you an email.
Great! I received it and will be replying shortly. I look forward to working with you!

Katie

khoeysr
11-16-12, 12:01 PM
I had the two piece rotors installed because of clicking.

Still clicking, but not a very big issue to me.

Buzduz74
11-16-12, 02:59 PM
They had this problem in 09 L\Clean and lube wheel torque lugs to 140 LBS My 2013 Wagon has same low speed clicking

phickson
11-17-12, 10:58 AM
Will post more later - but my local dealers had no clue about service bulletin for clicking rotors and possibly replacing them - got the clean your wheels again and give you new lug nuts!

d1no
12-06-12, 12:27 PM
Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum. I just traded my 08 CTS DI for a 10 red/black V with 23k miles, so i am just getting to know the new girl friend. I noticed that my front rotors are the two piece design; should I assume the car was serviced and that it originally came from Cadillac with a one piece rotor design? The front pads measure in between 8-9 mm so I am assuming the pads were changed.

dino

Trapspeed
12-06-12, 06:12 PM
Safe bet it's had the TSB done. I don't think the two piece were standard until '12 model year IIRC.

smackdownCTSV
12-06-12, 06:17 PM
Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum. I just traded my 08 CTS DI for a 10 red/black V with 23k miles, so i am just getting to know the new girl friend. I noticed that my front rotors are the two piece design; should I assume the car was serviced and that it originally came from Cadillac with a one piece rotor design? The front pads measure in between 8-9 mm so I am assuming the pads were changed.

dino

Which V/dealer did you buy?

d1no
12-10-12, 12:45 PM
I purchased the piece from North Bay Cadillac in Great Neck NY

smackdownCTSV
12-10-12, 02:03 PM
Looks like you bought mine. It's got a new supercharger under warranty when the notorious rattle got loud @ 20K (if you hear it again, it's $60 part fix + labor and GM won't cover it since it's "normal" - search 'solid isolator'), new diff under TSB @ 20K, new 2-pc rotors under TSB @ 22K (had to pay for the new pads, didn't want used pads on new rotors), and front tires are new @ 23K since the originals only lasted that long (only rated for 20K, but still had a couple mm left, but they wore on the edges, dealer said it was "normal" with the aggressive suspension and alignment, but I'd suggest an alignment check) rears were changed at 15K when I bought it, but had 7/32" tread when traded in, so still lots of mileage left. Enjoy!

Trapspeed
12-10-12, 02:40 PM
Looks like you bought mine. It's got a new supercharger under warranty when the notorious rattle got loud @ 20K (if you hear it again, it's $60 part fix + labor and GM won't cover it since it's "normal" - search 'solid isolator'), new diff under TSB @ 20K, new 2-pc rotors under TSB @ 22K (had to pay for the new pads, didn't want used pads on new rotors), and front tires are new @ 23K since the originals only lasted that long (only rated for 20K, but still had a couple mm left, but they wore on the edges, dealer said it was "normal" with the aggressive suspension and alignment, but I'd suggest an alignment check) rears were changed at 15K when I bought it, but had 7/32" tread when traded in, so still lots of mileage left. Enjoy!

There's a diff replacement TSB? Please let me hear this one soon.

smackdownCTSV
12-10-12, 07:25 PM
The TSB is for the diff fluid, but since that didn't correct it, they just replaced the whole thing.

Trapspeed
12-10-12, 08:59 PM
Ok, thanks.

d1no
12-26-12, 08:39 PM
Wow, Smackdown, I guess its not such a small world with these cars. Let me understand this. Your saying the vehicle has a new supercharger, and a new rear end differential? I love the car and love the color and the interior is mint. It seems you took good care of it.

smackdownCTSV
12-26-12, 09:19 PM
Yeppers! New supercharger and new diff. I do the miss the red at times. Hope you continue enjoying it.

Trapspeed
12-26-12, 09:26 PM
Yeppers! New supercharger and new diff. I do the miss the red at times. Hope you continue enjoying it.

Here's what I don't get: if GM says blower rattle is "normal" but it still presents itself above 1,400 RPM (which is the threshold for action per the TSB if I recall) why do they replace some and not others? I am getting ready to hit them with a less than satisfied email about my recent service and this is just one. My rear diff is the second. There is no equality in the madness...that's what pisses me off. What did you do to get yours replaced so easy? Send me some pointers. All GM would do was give me a component letter for an additional year warranty. Now, if there's nothing wrong with the parts, why the offer of the letter?? WTF?

d1no
12-26-12, 09:28 PM
Smackdown, what dealer did you use for the work? Would you recommend them?

smackdownCTSV
12-26-12, 10:59 PM
Here's what I don't get: if GM says blower rattle is "normal" but it still presents itself above 1,400 RPM (which is the threshold for action per the TSB if I recall) why do they replace some and not others? I am getting ready to hit them with a less than satisfied email about my recent service and this is just one. My rear diff is the second. There is no equality in the madness...that's what pisses me off. What did you do to get yours replaced so easy? Send me some pointers. All GM would do was give me a component letter for an additional year warranty. Now, if there's nothing wrong with the parts, why the offer of the letter?? WTF?

The dealer did it, not GM. The dealer heard the noise and said it's "fine" and sent me on my way. Twice. 3rd time I went back, it was even louder and the manager ordered a replacement. Same with the diff. They did the oil TSB twice before the changed the diff. If you think any of this was easy, you're mistaken. I had to take quite a few trips to the dealer. Supercharger rattles, seat squeaking and rocking, diff chatter. And then there was some bitching to GM who really didn't give a ****. I got everything fixed that I could before the dealer gave up. 2nd dealer did the same. And I accepted that it was a $65K car in a $35K shell.

Sure, do whatever you feel is necessary. Lots of luck and escalate as far and high up as you can go. Also try hitting up other dealers, more so the ones that are experienced with the V if you can find one. The offer doesn't cost more than a couple hundred wholesale and is just a formality to try and offer "consumer confidence" since they feel nothing will break down in that additional year.

----------

Smackdown, what dealer did you use for the work? Would you recommend them?

Everything was done on it, so you shouldn't need any work on it for a while. I'm not local, but North Bay should be good. It's always best to service at the dealer where you purchased the vehicle since they will, or should, care more than others.

Trapspeed
12-27-12, 07:29 AM
If you think any of this was easy, you're mistaken.

Nope. Never meant to imply that. Just wanted to get some input from you on what you did. It sounds like the dealer has more pull than they are letting on. They made it sound like GM had to throw their holy water on replacing those parts and were powerless to go against GM. Typical BS.

Thanks for your insight.

d1no
12-29-12, 11:49 AM
Well, I am grateful that you had the perseverance to get the work done but it does raise concerns regarding the vehicle. One thing for sure, if I keep it I will certainly purchase the extended warrantee available.

smackdownCTSV
12-29-12, 12:15 PM
Well, I am grateful that you had the perseverance to get the work done but it does raise concerns regarding the vehicle. One thing for sure, if I keep it I will certainly purchase the extended warrantee available.

Not really. Supercharger rattle is "normal" and pretty common on just about all of them. Same for the differential. Nothing wrong with a fresh supercharger and differential. Same with the rotors and pads. I did all the TSBs on it so you didn't have to, can't say the same about the previous owner. So not to worry, I was going to keep it after all if I didn't make a deal.

SoCalCTSV
12-29-12, 12:42 PM
I just read this and realized I have it. All this time I thought it was gravel under the wheels from the driveway but did it in a clean concrete lot and heard it.

lobsterhat
03-07-13, 02:07 PM
I got my clicking looked at after the TSB moved to just new lug nuts. That fix lasted a couple months and the clicking came back. Took it in again yesterday and they just cleaned the wheels and rotors again and said GM still doesn't have a permanent fix, so just keep coming in whenever the problem comes back. A bit disappointed. It's amazing how uncool the car feels when slow rolling in a parking lot and everyone turns to look and see what the crazy clicking sound is rather than gawking at the car :(

JTinCA
03-07-13, 03:37 PM
Had mine done a while ago, during the rotor replacement era. They held up for a few months, but are now clicking pretty bad. My guess is GM stopped giving them out when they realized it wasn't working.

So the new brakes are pretty, might be a few ounces lighter, and may shave a few inches off stopping distance, but they aren't a reliable permanent click fix.

baabootoo
03-08-13, 03:25 PM
Mine unfortunately don't click, so I can't diagnose it. :( I'd love to have "clickers" so I could.

Trapspeed
03-08-13, 06:00 PM
I'd love to have "clickers" so I could.

No you wouldn't. Believe me. Thankfully, my clicking has not returned since the new rotors.

Annapolisvagon
03-09-13, 10:41 PM
This would be ideal for me- any advice about getting new wheels as part of the process would be really appreciated. Thank you, Ned

Trapspeed
03-10-13, 08:30 AM
The new lug bulletin superseded the old rotor TSB which superseded the wheel TSB. For a clicking issue, forget it.

the blur
03-10-13, 07:15 PM
So they are only giving away lugs now? no rotors ?

Shoevette
03-10-13, 07:45 PM
I rec'd the lug nut fix a couple months back and have not had a problem since.

kaoz
03-11-13, 09:23 AM
Had all the bulletins done thus far. Clicking has been back now with a vengeance it really only fixed it for a few weeks.

Going back now for my first oil change and service..

"Problems went away for about a few weeks been living with the awful clicking... Due for my first service going to bring it up yet again..

Come on Cadillac. Been to my dealer 5 times had a loaner for over 1 week on 4 occasions..

Somethings gotta give.."

Brought it back up in: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/268608-another-fix-gm-clicking-wheels.html

kaoz
03-14-13, 03:31 PM
Can someone lookup to TSB to see if theres any updates to the bulletin. I remember them saying a permanent fix was coming...?

SammyW
05-24-13, 09:35 AM
I had the clicking noise in my front wheels. The first trip to the service dept resulted in "the tech could not duplicate the (clicking)". I returned home only to hear the clicking sound as I pulled into the driveway.

Result: Not happy.

Returned to service department. Had a service writer stand next to car as I moved the car forward and backward so they could hear clicking sound. They took the car back inside and according to the paperwork, they replaced the lug nuts and cleaned the mating surfaces between the rotor and wheel. I have not heard any more sounds, but were they supposed to replace the rotors, too?

thebigjimsho
05-24-13, 01:58 PM
I had the clicking noise in my front wheels. The first trip to the service dept resulted in "the tech could not duplicate the (clicking)". I returned home only to hear the clicking sound as I pulled into the driveway.

Result: Not happy.

Returned to service department. Had a service writer stand next to car as I moved the car forward and backward so they could hear clicking sound. They took the car back inside and according to the paperwork, they replaced the lug nuts and cleaned the mating surfaces between the rotor and wheel. I have not heard any more sounds, but were they supposed to replace the rotors, too?

Nope. That fix is long gone.