: Just saw this interior on the CTS Sport Wagon

xmaciek82x
06-11-12, 11:14 AM
Went on the Cadillac website to take a look at a CTS Wagon. I noticed this picture of the interior, but when I went to build one, all is saw was the silver center console. Does this flat black piece exist? Would be a great replacement for the Obsidian Black one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/xmaciek82x/CTS-VWagon.png

Or maybe its just a silver one with weird lighting and photo edit.

M5eater
06-11-12, 11:20 AM
I think what you're seeing is poor CGI lighting on the silver trim.

There is no matte Black trim.

xmaciek82x
06-11-12, 11:36 AM
I think what you're seeing is poor CGI lighting on the silver trim.

There is no matte Black trim.

:( Yeah, that is what I figured. Thought I would ask anyways. OEM matte black trim would be sweet.

I sneezed this morning in my car and got another new scratch on the Obsidian Black one.

Airfoto
06-11-12, 12:32 PM
I feel for yea - I've only had my car a month and the console has marks on it - sat at the dealer for almost a year - so all the bozo's getting in and out of it and not really caring along with poor quality material or no clear coating on the upper surface - who knows - it's just sucks for what we paid for these cars!

elphil
06-11-12, 02:39 PM
Airbrushed?

hulksdaddy
06-11-12, 02:47 PM
Most ads you see are cars that were built in a computer, in other words, CGI.

The 3D artist that designed that pic took some creative license with the coloring.

AGbulletJR
06-13-12, 09:56 AM
I sneezed this morning in my car and got another new scratch on the Obsidian Black one.

Does anyone know the part numbers for the silver trim pieces? I tried at my dealer's parts department, but he couldn't find them. I'm seriously considering ditching the obsidian black stuff just because of all the scratches. All the other materials in this interior are world class, but this black stuff is Chevy Sonic quality (maybe even worse...)

blacaddy
06-13-12, 10:38 AM
XMACIEK82X....I noticed the same photo when I was investigating the CTS Wagon.....the flat black would be a nice offering as would a dark headliner>>>>one size/color is NOT in keeping with a high end car like Cadillac>>>how much can it cost GM to have at least have 2 choices? I am not too proud of the 'alcantara' READ plastic micro-fiber, inserts in my Recaro's>>>perforated leather like my '98 STS would be much classier and in my opinion BETTER in a $50K+ automobile....This dark plastic fuzz could sure be used as a headliner and would look pretty nice plus you couldn't wear all the little fuzzies off .....Does GM know the definition of BESPOKE? It is a concept GM should embrace to get ahead of the other luxury manufacturers>>the engineering and performance for a real drivers car are in place, now GM should allow some personal choices such as black out trim and the like....I wanted an American drivers car and I have a really good one with my '12 Wagon>>>come on GM, let us personalize our rides from the factory!

allinmyhead
06-13-12, 12:10 PM
Are there any instructions online for pulling the trim? I'm thinking I might just go get it vinyl wrapped with some flat black.

jay lane
06-13-12, 08:11 PM
There is no factory option for a flat black center console. They are all piano black on CTS-V from the factory. The only interior trim options are the "carbon fiber" and the sapelle wood trim.

Jesusbautistajr
12-01-12, 12:22 PM
Look at this on eBay:

Cts-v Cts Trim Stereo center console

http://bit.ly/UhxiX0

----------

Look at this on eBay:

Cts-v Cts Trim Stereo center console complete

http://bit.ly/UhxiX0

1997BlackETC
12-01-12, 01:47 PM
I wish they offered that interior with the CTS-V, I kinda like it better than the titanium or the ebony.