: Am i the only one?

truckinman
06-11-12, 11:14 AM
I love driving by a mirrored glass building just to see my car on the move. And this morning, my fiancÚ n I left for work at the same time, her in my STS, and I made sure she was in front of me just so I could stare at my caddy the way another passing motorist might. Lol. So...who else does this?? Lol

brandondeleo
06-11-12, 12:06 PM
Maybe... :lol:

thebigjimsho
06-11-12, 02:22 PM
All the time. I love big bay windows...

orconn
06-11-12, 04:21 PM
Used to do it along the "Miracle Mile" on Wilshire Blvd. in L.A. Was really neat watching the "real" wire wheels with knock offs spinning around!

hueterm
06-11-12, 05:29 PM
Very cool to see. Also seeing the shadow of your car when driving next to a highway embankment at sunset.

CadillacLuke24
06-11-12, 06:45 PM
I love doing that. There's a furniture shop in Laramie that has big flat windows, and I will slow down to like 5 mph just to gawk at my car :D

truckinman
06-11-12, 07:53 PM
I love doing that. There's a furniture shop in Laramie that has big flat windows, and I will slow down to like 5 mph just to gawk at my car :D

Thats exactly what I do Luke! Something bout seeing ur own car in 3rd person view. Lol

cadi509
06-11-12, 07:57 PM
Sure do!

exterminate
06-11-12, 08:12 PM
hmm now i need to find a building that i can do this on...

vincentm
06-11-12, 08:15 PM
Hell yea i do, especially after a wash, i get a kick out of teenagers check her out too, im glad she still turns heads.

truckinman
06-11-12, 08:23 PM
Hell yea i do, especially after a wash, i get a kick out of teenagers check her out too, im glad she still turns heads.

Oh I bet ur car does turn sone heads still! Yea I get a lotta turned heads when driving thru town after a wash. Specially with it's custom Cadillac chrome rims with the gold caddy emblem for center caps.....oh yea.... I've gotten more looks with this car than any other I owned. My mitsubishi eclipse GTS prob got the sec most looks.

I love turning right at a stop light and seeing everyone at the red light perpendicular to the rd I'm coming off of, following my car as I drive on by. Lol.

RightTurn
06-11-12, 09:28 PM
Well, you know women. We can never pass up a mirror. :coffee: Does this car make my butt look big?? :RightTurn:

The-Dullahan
06-11-12, 09:40 PM
I do it every time I leave the local bank. As for admiring other cars, I will slow down if something in traffic catches my eye. Excluding coworkers leaving work or friends leaving the weekly car shows, there are very few cars that can truly make me do this though. The new one with coworkers though is to push your classic as fast and hard as you can down the road though, because someone I work with recently started this thing where as one of us passes another, the person being passed is obligated to throw a glowstick in the window of the passing car. Somehow, as hard as we try, our shenanigans still seem to be immune to to the local authorities.

Aztec ETC ECS
06-11-12, 11:23 PM
Fun to watch your own burn-out!

Aron9000
06-13-12, 04:56 AM
I still remember this from when I was a kid riding to Opryland theme park on Briley Parkway in Nashville. Briley parkway at this particular point between the Elm Hill Pike exit and Lebanon Pike is an elevated, controlled access freeway. There is this big, 5 to 7 story solid glass front office building near the road on the right hand side. All the windows had mirror tint on them, they would reflect a rather giant but really acurate version of your car on the glass. Looked really cool when you drove by to an 9 year old kid.

I now live in this same area and drive by this same building often. Still has the mirror glass, your car is still a cool reflection speeding by on the building for about 3-4 seconds.

brandondeleo
06-13-12, 05:30 AM
There are a lot of marble and glass buildings in downtown Ellensburg. Great for this practice. :lol: My bank (Wells Fargo) is nothing but gray and black slabs of marble, and I can't say I don't stare...

truckinman
06-13-12, 11:28 AM
My fiancÚ and I left the house this morning, and drove separately to the gym so we could go our own ways after, and again I found myself gawking at my car driving down the road, from her car. Lol.