Cadillac Owners Forum banner

AWD to RWD?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ECha3 
#1 ·
I was wondering if there was a way i could turn my 07 sts from all wheel drive to rear wheel. I was thinking of just yanking out the fromt driveshaft but i was afraid it might mess up the transfer case. Any ideas/experiences?

#2 ·
I thought about that as well. thinking just getting the drive shaft from the RWD and pulling the transfer case and all 3 of the drive shafts and replacing with the single one.
But then I thought more about it and decided its really not worth the time/money/effort. Basically boils down to if i wanted RWD thats what i should have bought, I like the AWD most of the time, about 80% of the time its very nice.

Considering the AWD car explicitly states not to have the car towed at all as it will likely ruin the power-train setup and wouldnt be covered under warranty I figure the front differential would probably get ****ed up if it was attempted to half ass convert to RWD. If you need to have this towed you need a flatbed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.