: AWD to RWD?

emarks
06-10-12, 10:55 PM
I was wondering if there was a way i could turn my 07 sts from all wheel drive to rear wheel. I was thinking of just yanking out the fromt driveshaft but i was afraid it might mess up the transfer case. Any ideas/experiences?

Ludacrisvp
06-11-12, 12:22 AM
I thought about that as well. thinking just getting the drive shaft from the RWD and pulling the transfer case and all 3 of the drive shafts and replacing with the single one.
But then I thought more about it and decided its really not worth the time/money/effort. Basically boils down to if i wanted RWD thats what i should have bought, I like the AWD most of the time, about 80% of the time its very nice.

Considering the AWD car explicitly states not to have the car towed at all as it will likely ruin the power-train setup and wouldnt be covered under warranty I figure the front differential would probably get ****ed up if it was attempted to half ass convert to RWD. If you need to have this towed you need a flatbed.

dkozloski
06-11-12, 09:23 AM
Advertise around that you want to trade an AWD car for a RWD version. You are bound to find takers.

emarks
06-14-12, 10:04 PM
I tried that but here in massachusetts theyre mostly all wheel drive ones

EChas3
06-14-12, 10:12 PM
Texas used to have a lot of good STS's for sale at reasonable prices. Try eBay, Craig's List, etc.