: Joined the wheel click club

M5eater
06-10-12, 09:54 PM
1700 miles
2 piece rotors that were installed @ 400-500miles I think?
158ft/lbs torque
The hat's and hub were obviously clean given they were brand new.

sounds like a baseball card hitting the spokes of my wheel, except it's more metallic.

So where do we pickup the jackets?

baabootoo
06-10-12, 11:58 PM
Jackets? Did yours click prior to the new rotors? I can't remember.

FLTRI
06-11-12, 05:35 AM
7000 miles, nada clicky. Did a preemptive strike when spanky new, and torqued to 140. Figured it gave me 18 more should it happen.

Kinda feeling left out. Recaros no rocky, sunroof no squeaky, blower no marbly...

Ste_V_e
06-11-12, 06:21 AM
7000 miles, nada clicky. Did a preemptive strike when spanky new, and torqued to 140. Figured it gave me 18 more should it happen.

Kinda feeling left out. Recaros no rocky, sunroof no squeaky, blower no marbly...

Jinxy winxy headed your wayzy.

FLTRI
06-11-12, 06:59 AM
Jinxy winxy headed your wayzy.

Guess I should go knock on my (sapele) woody...

M5eater
06-11-12, 09:00 AM
Jackets? Did yours click prior to the new rotors? I can't remember.

the other car with the regular rotors didn't click once in 9500miles.

The new car? I didn't hear it click either prior to the new rotors.

The noise doesn't honestly bother me if this is as loud as it's going to get. I won't even mention it to the dealer, I'll try out the TSB and if it works, great, if not, I can live with it I suppose. What made me more upset was the fact that my bottle of sunscreen got pinched under the driver's seat this weekend and it was the aerosole type so it opened the valve wide open and blew the stuff all over my seat. There's a nice white spot there now.

CoppeR
06-11-12, 10:16 AM
What made me more upset was the fact that my bottle of sunscreen got pinched under the driver's seat this weekend and it was the aerosole type so it opened the valve wide open and blew the stuff all over my seat. There's a nice white spot there now.

...right, sunscreen stain hehe

thebigjimsho
06-12-12, 09:33 AM
Guess I should go knock on my (sapele) woody...

I hate you right now...

M5eater
06-12-12, 05:14 PM
I wonder if they would replace the 'defective' rotors with the 'new and improved' rotors and let me keep the 'defective ones'

Xaqtly
06-12-12, 08:35 PM

I know, it's like our two wagons are opposites in literally every way they can be opposites. I have or have had pretty much every issue anybody has ever had in a V, lol. I've already had the clicking fixed once, but I thought I heard them doing it again the other day. If they start doing it again regularly it'll be a good excuse to put this TSB to use.