: made the jump

simgolfer
06-10-12, 09:19 PM
Last year I posted about my interest in getting a CTS-V and after completing a moratorium (wife imposed) , I finally made the jump. I just bought a 2010 sedan. It's silver/ebony, manual transmission, ultraview sunroof, Recaros, and alcantara/suede. I live in Norcal and the car is in Texas so plenty excited and impatient waiting on delivery. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement on my previous post. Hopefully will catch some other Vs out on the road.

baabootoo
06-11-12, 12:02 AM
Good luck, you'll enjoy it.

thebigjimsho
06-11-12, 01:37 AM
Texas cars are popular. I bought my '09 in San Antonio and drove it home to MA...

baabootoo
06-11-12, 12:06 PM
You guys rock making a nice drive like that! Mine was only 87 miles away.

thebigjimsho
06-12-12, 09:34 AM
Even though I had to motor right back, it was an awesome drive. I drove straight through the first night. It was surreal...

simgolfer
06-12-12, 10:41 AM
Wish I had time to drive it home but 2 kids and work prevent that kind of fun. At least I had the opportunity to buy it.

DangFoo
06-12-12, 11:30 AM
Post some pictures when it arrives ... Congratulations!!!

thebigjimsho
06-12-12, 11:31 AM
I didn't miss any work. Flew down on Friday after Thanksgiving. Got it back to New Jersey late Saturday night. Made it to a V meet Sunday morning and drove home to MA that afternoon. Was at work on Monday.

Karch
06-12-12, 01:02 PM
I am considering one in Wisconsin, but man, that's a drive.

simgolfer
06-15-12, 02:22 AM
I didn't miss any work. Flew down on Friday after Thanksgiving. Got it back to New Jersey late Saturday night. Made it to a V meet Sunday morning and drove home to MA that afternoon. Was at work on Monday.

Yeah if I did that drive over 2 days I would come home to an angry wife with no sleep. Too scary... :-P