: stereo install

moests
06-09-12, 08:53 PM
installed aftermarket stereo with Metra 2005-2010 Cadillac STS Amplifier Interface Harness - Metra GMOS13 in my 2005 sts with base bose system. now the front left speaker does not work and there are not chimes etc. However the rest of the system works and i have a aftermarket sub and amp and they work great. the radio works great also. not sure if the metra is hooked up wrong. any one using this interface with install tips please help! Also the highs are kind of low. Will i have to replace all the speakers and add another amp for the highs?

scott9001
06-10-12, 10:43 PM
your best bet would be to run a seperate amp for your highs or a multi chanel amp but to each there own.

DarkMingBlueSTS
06-12-12, 02:20 PM
What I've learned with Bose systems is leave it all Bose or change everything to aftermarket although JL audio makes a piece called Clean Sweep...anxious to try one

curtc
06-12-12, 03:01 PM
No CleanSweep, look into AudioControl products, better than the CleanSweep and cheaper.

DarkMingBlueSTS
06-12-12, 10:52 PM
Audio control makes great equipment and jbl makes a cool piece too but I'm a fanatic about jl :)

curtc
06-12-12, 11:52 PM
I have a 12" W6 in the garage, debating on putting it in the STS.

DarkMingBlueSTS
06-13-12, 09:54 AM
Great speaker...does that audio control piece give you a safe low level output for an aftermarket amp? I looked it up and it looked like it did

curtc
06-13-12, 02:12 PM
It sure does, one of their models includes an AUX input, something the CleanSweep does not...

DarkMingBlueSTS
06-13-12, 09:30 PM
Nice I'll look into it....did you "t tap" your sub speaker wires or disconnect the sub completely? I'm just wondering if the factory sub helped with the overall sound of the system(midbass) or hurt?

curtc
06-13-12, 10:00 PM
Nice I'll look into it....did you "t tap" your sub speaker wires or disconnect the sub completely? I'm just wondering if the factory sub helped with the overall sound of the system(midbass) or hurt?

Yeah, that is how I tapped into it in my CTS..In my Seville I completely removed the sub to create a pass through without having to have the rear arm rest down.

DarkMingBlueSTS
06-13-12, 10:06 PM
Did you like it better with or without using the factory sub?

curtc
06-13-12, 10:09 PM
The issue I ran into was the sound pressure from the W6 would conflict with the stock sub, the pressure would push it up as it was wanting to go down. I think I could hear more bass in the Seville with the OEM sub completely removed, but the overall quality of the bass was better in the CTS with the OEM sub still being powered, giving the stereo more mid bass as you suggested.

DarkMingBlueSTS
06-13-12, 11:03 PM
Ok ty