: I want it

truckinman
06-09-12, 12:37 PM
Here's a 2005 VW phaeton for sale just .5 mile from where I live. Lol. I've always lived those cars. Hard to find. I just don't know if its the W12 or not. Not like I'd be getting it anyway. It's my fiancÚs turn to buy a car. Hmm. Maybe I can talk her into buying that one! Yea. Lol. Hell she thinks my caddy is to big. Let alone a Phaeton.

brandondeleo
06-09-12, 12:40 PM
Phaetons are nice cars. Me gusta.

truckinman
06-09-12, 01:03 PM
I really wanna go check it out but its at one of those little tiny lots with like 10 cars. All very nice cars. Jags, beemers, Mercedes. But you cant stop at a dealer like that and just look with out being hounded by the only salesman there then feeling like an ass when you leave with out buying it. Lol.

brandondeleo
06-09-12, 01:04 PM
"I'm coming to look at this car. Leave me the hell alone." :lol:

orconn
06-09-12, 01:16 PM
If a salesman is too aggressive just tell him, "Are you really interested in selling this car, or do you just want to hear yourself talk?"

truckinman
06-09-12, 01:43 PM
Lol. I like em both guys. I've put my fair share of car salesmen in their places. Lol. Actually had an owner kick me out of his dealer once bc I proved the owner himself knew nothing about a car he was trying to sell my friend. He didn't like me much. He tried telling my buddy he had a 97 tauras for sale. Which as we all know is the kind with a bubble looking roof and a front end like a cat fish. Well the one he brought us to was a 92-95 model. I told him that's no newer than a 95. He goes nah I've got paperwork saying it's a 97. And I looked at him and said well I've gotta brain with more useless car facts than u can handle and this car is no newer than a 95. He proceeded to show us the exit after that comment. Lol.

This is why my friends like to have me look at cars with them, bc I have yet to find a salesman that knows more about the car he's selling than me. Lol.

CadillacLuke24
06-09-12, 04:06 PM
Hahaha good for you! That way you can't get hosed.

That's right folks. DO YOUR HOMEWORK. It helps :lol:

exterminate
06-09-12, 08:57 PM
for some reason i was never interested in cars that are so big.

Playdrv4me
06-09-12, 09:15 PM
I like the Phaeton, don't get me wrong, but the size of the wallet you need to carry around to keep that thing running might make you think twice about jumping in, especially the W12.

truckinman
06-10-12, 12:23 AM
I like the Phaeton, don't get me wrong, but the size of the wallet you need to carry around to keep that thing running might make you think twice about jumping in, especially the W12.

Oh I can imagine. B4 I bought the caddy I looked at a fully loaded 08 Passat 3.6 with the nicer leather design in the seats with the stitching design that goes straight across the seats and that was a really nice car in itself. But I've heard horrible horrible things about that car. B4 I looked at it I read reviews on epinion.com. And not a single review said anything good about the mechanics of it. They all loved how it drove and looked but said it never left the shop. So I decided to stay away from it. Sucked bc it was the exact color combo I wanted on that car. Dark blue with that kinda dark tan interior. And i wanted the 3.6 over the 2.0t. But the reviews scared me. Lol. Besides, im glad they scared me away bc I like my caddy way more anyway

BigCadMan_1
06-10-12, 11:00 PM
Here's a 2005 VW phaeton for sale just .5 mile from where I live. Lol. I've always lived those cars. Hard to find. I just don't know if its the W12 or not. Not like I'd be getting it anyway. It's my fiancÚs turn to buy a car. Hmm. Maybe I can talk her into buying that one! Yea. Lol. Hell she thinks my caddy is to big. Let alone a Phaeton.

What?? In your title it states you have a 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6, thats a big car....really?

talismandave
06-10-12, 11:15 PM
"That's not a big car this is a big car"

CadillacLuke24
06-10-12, 11:19 PM
Your fiance, no offense, HAD TO have grown up in a big city. Big here is a Kenworth pulling a fuel trailer and a pup attatched to that.

truckinman
06-11-12, 12:30 AM
What?? In your title it states you have a 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6, thats a big car....really?

Thats what I'm saying. Lol. To her it is. She's use to her ion.

truckinman
06-11-12, 12:36 AM
Your fiance, no offense, HAD TO have grown up in a big city. Big here is a Kenworth pulling a fuel trailer and a pup attatched to that.

You nailed it on the head Luke! She was born and raised ( most of her life) in st Louis, and bounced around with her mom n step dad from there to Charlotte to Chicago and to Columbus then either back to Charlotte or back to Chicago, then back here to Columbus where she and I become a couple. Her step dad has a fairly high position at chase bank corporate office. So that's why they moved around a lot. But yea, my STS is to big but at same time she does like driving it. Lol. She wanted to drive it this week so I'm driving her Ion to the truck yard for the week and she will drive my caddy to and from work all week. But ive got no doubt the Phaeton would be WAY to big. Lol

CadillacLuke24
06-11-12, 01:56 AM
Hahahaha that's funny :D. Yeah the Phaeton may be a touch big for her. I'd imagine many city folk may faint at the prospect of driving out here, with our two lane highways and multitude of oncoming semis. Needless to say, I've hit triple digits passing said semis.

brandondeleo
06-11-12, 04:15 AM
Hahahaha that's funny :D. Yeah the Phaeton may be a touch big for her. I'd imagine many city folk may faint at the prospect of driving out here, with our two lane highways and multitude of oncoming semis. Needless to say, I've hit triple digits passing said semis.
You'd be surprised at how often that really happens in SoCal. :p

truckinman
06-11-12, 07:05 AM

Lol yea. But hell nothings to big for me. Being a truck driver n all. Lol.

CadillacLuke24
06-11-12, 06:31 PM
Hehehehe I'd imagine so :D

truckinman
06-11-12, 08:01 PM
I had a friend with a nice custom pick up truck and when he let me drive it once, he kept telling me now be careful. Watch that side...this is bigger than your jeep so be careful....finally
I said, "do you even understand what my profession consists of?". That shut him up...for a few minutes. Lol. I mean hell, to get my class A CDL, I had to parallel park a 68 foot truck. Lol. If I can do that, I can probably handle anything with 4 wheels. Lol

exterminate
06-11-12, 08:11 PM
you may be able to handle, but imagine how much easier it is to drive a smaller car

CadillacLuke24
06-12-12, 03:32 AM
I had a friend with a nice custom pick up truck and when he let me drive it once, he kept telling me now be careful. Watch that side...this is bigger than your jeep so be careful....finally
I said, "do you even understand what my profession consists of?". That shut him up...for a few minutes. Lol. I mean hell, to get my class A CDL, I had to parallel park a 68 foot truck. Lol. If I can do that, I can probably handle anything with 4 wheels. Lol

Dude, guess what I do for a living?

What?

Drive 68 foot long semi trucks.

What's that got to do with my sweet ride?

It's only 18 feet.

Ohhhhhh.

*Akward Silence*

#bitchgotowned

:D