: Little Saturday morning spirited drive to the parts store...

Cabretti
06-09-12, 10:37 AM
Two lane paved asphalt, cornfields, undulating.... spirited my ass. I hit 175! LOL

:showoff:

Funny thing is I had a receipt for some tractor tires I just bought on the front seat and it flew past me right out the driver window at like 160.

GM-4-LIFE
06-09-12, 12:16 PM
I haven't taken my coupe over 130 MPH. You are one brave soul.

hlantin
06-09-12, 12:21 PM
Two lane paved asphalt, cornfields, undulating.... spirited my ass. I hit 175! LOL

:showoff:

Funny thing is I had a receipt for some tractor tires I just bought on the front seat and it flew past me right out the driver window at like 160.

LOL..what great way to start the day!!

Cabretti
06-09-12, 01:15 PM
I haven't taken my coupe over 130 MPH. You are one brave soul.

Yeah. I've done it a few times in the V. Well not 175 but in high fifties. I just kept in it. Very familiar with the road. I wouldn't recommend it and you have to commit to it and really be paying attention.

LOL..what great way to start the day!!

Yes it was.

I really wish one of the car clubs or someone would put a Michigan Mile together sortof like the Texas Mile. Willow Run would be a good spot.

I have a really good spot for speed runs with 7 miles paved two lane paved shoulder semi undulating and straight as an arrow with two dirt roads intersecting and no driveways.

The state cops sit out there sometimes though and you need a spotter.

I'm going to bury the needle on this thing at some point.

Unfortunately these mile runs like at Texas you can't reach top speed. You need longer than that by a half mile.

Cabretti
06-09-12, 01:15 PM
I dunno. Somehow it double posted.

Ste_V_e
06-09-12, 05:48 PM
Slight uphill bumpy road on a private road in mexico in the coupe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvV7f7--9Yw

V locity
06-09-12, 06:28 PM
Now that will wake you up like coffee! Hopefully it didn't make you give delivery like coffee does too:)

brlong23
06-09-12, 06:33 PM
If anyone is in North Carolina...there is a 20 mile stretch of Hwy 70 East between Kinston and New Bern that is paved, straight as an arrow and very light traffic...and no 5-0...just saying :)

Oh, and this is me in a more populated area of Mexico and I had to let off to get on my exit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1gSVyuw7Ks&feature=youtube_gdata_player

thebigjimsho
06-10-12, 06:13 PM
The mile tracks are weak. Great for competition, but you'll never get close to top speed.

ecorpuz12
06-11-12, 02:11 PM
If anyone is in North Carolina...there is a 20 mile stretch of Hwy 70 East between Kinston and New Bern that is paved, straight as an arrow and very light traffic...and no 5-0...just saying :)

Oh, and this is me in a more populated area of Mexico and I had to let off to get on my exit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1gSVyuw7Ks&feature=youtube_gdata_player

there used to be a 3 mile stretch of US1 between raleigh and sanford that had no exits and a wire median running the entire length of the road. i hit 150 there a few yrs back before they started doing all the contstruction on the 540 loop...speed limiter kicked in and wouldn't let me auto-manual shift into 6th.

i'm glad the responses the OP is getting are positive...i recall getting lambasted when i posted that on here. one guy even said that the police monitor forums and i might get arrested.

thebigjimsho
06-12-12, 09:38 AM
It might not be "smart" but if you do runs like this where you're the only one at risk, have at it...

Cabretti
06-12-12, 08:35 PM
Yeah it doesn't come with any recommendations by any means and is exceedingly risky, dangerous, and deadly.

It takes a lot of balls, a little stupid, a lot of concentration, but at the end of the day you have very little time to react if a situation arose.

Problem with this car is that by the time you realize how dumb it is you're already doing 180. lol

larry arizona
06-12-12, 09:58 PM
Congrats on 175mph. I did north of 175mph in a 2009 Hertz convertible rental corvette in Utah on my way to the Bonneville Salt Flats. I80 from Salt lake city is flat and straight and surrounded by salt (no risk of anything darting across the road ). Hitting 175MPH was crazy fast but I gotta give you props for having the balls to do it on a much narrower road surrounded by fields that a critter could have jumped in front of you.:worship: