: Anyone with a V coupe and children?

jwall09
06-08-12, 10:29 PM
My wife wants a V coupe as a toy car.... We have two kids now, how big of a pain is the front seat to get forward? My old M3 would fold all the way up, even the bottom shifted forward and made it almost easier than a sedan to get the kids buckled in.

lgret13
06-09-12, 10:16 AM
the power slide is slow. my 8 yeaold can get in himself, but even the lever to release the seat back is sometimes hard for him. my 4 year old has trouble releasing the seat back, but he plays with the power buttons and moves the passenger all the time. if the seat is all the way back, such as for exit mode, it is hard to get in without moving the seat. this where memory driver seat is very usefull. the seats seem way back in the car. depending on how old and how tall they are the rear roof is very low, but there is alot of leg room for a coupe. even putting a booster seat into the rear is pain. I bought new ones and just leave them in the car.

V locity
06-09-12, 11:09 AM
Why not just get the sedan? It's much easier with the kiddos. (especially in the school drop off line)

GM-4-LIFE
06-09-12, 11:21 AM
I have 3 kids, but my 7 year old son rides with me since he doesn't need a car seat. 2 other kids (ages 21 months and 10 months old) are in car seats and never ride with me as I don't have the space. When we go places with all 5 of us, we take my wife's Escalade. A lot more practical for larger families like mine. We can transport 8 people in comfort in our Escalade.

My son can get in and out of my V Coupe easily. No problem for him using the release latch at all. My son will be 8 in September and is taller than most kids his age, but he loves my V Coupe. He tells other kids at school that: "my dad's car looks like the batmobile." Other kids look at the V and say: "that car is so cool!" I personally think it looks more like a stealth fighter over a batmobile, but whatever.

SoCalCTSV
06-09-12, 01:09 PM
Took a 500 mile trip to Utah in my coupe with my 25 and 15 year old girls in the back. Told them to pack light for the week long trip. They chose to wear Gene Simmons boots in the car. I told them one scratch and they walk. Boots came off. We never take my car when there are more than two of us.

cvs
06-09-12, 05:25 PM
My wife wants a V coupe as a toy car.... We have two kids now, how big of a pain is the front seat to get forward? My old M3 would fold all the way up, even the bottom shifted forward and made it almost easier than a sedan to get the kids buckled in.

Just get a Vagon. Room for the kids and groceries.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-11-12, 04:00 PM
Hi jwall09,

Is your family looking at any V model year in particular? Send me a private message if you'd like me to investigate anything while you car shop; I'm always happy to check my resources for the latest information.

This site (http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/gm/vehicles.html)may be helpful to you while you browse around for your next ride; search results allow you to view exact space parameters and safety details!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service