: Do you have a preferred brand of clothing?

orconn
06-08-12, 02:40 PM
Is there a brand of men's clothing that you feel very comfortable with and consistently buy? probably combines a style you like with quality that stands up to the kind of use you are likely to give these items.

Is there a type of material that your prefer (pure cotton, cotton synthetic combo, wool, wool synthetic combo)?

Do you ever wear anything besides cargo shorts (preferably khaki) and a T-shirt?

Jesda
06-08-12, 02:56 PM
Best jeans I've ever owned are Polo. Paid $50 for them and had them tailored.

I also have a nice pair of white Polo canvas shoes. They're hard to keep clean but they look fantastic:
http://cdn100.iofferphoto.com/img3/item/174/426/823/mens-polo-ralph-lauren-canvas-shoes-534f7.jpg

I like to dress nicely in the winter but in the summer I don't really care about style, so I buy whatever's at Kohl's or Target. Target surprises me with its quality and value.

I'm tempted to buy a pair of linen pants. It gets humid here in Missouri.

gdwriter
06-08-12, 03:02 PM
I like Calvin Klein jeans, Polo Ts and button-downs and Skechers for shoes. I have some Gap and Dockers khakis, and I like the Wrangler cargo pants and shorts at Target because the pockets have Velcro flaps (I always wear cargo pants or shorts when I fly so I don't have to sit on my wallet for several hours). I also like some of the house brands at Kohl's.

There's an outlet mall between Portland and Salem with Calvin Klein, Polo, Gap and others where I usually go clothes shopping or I shop at Kohl's, which has excellent sales, plus extra deals if you have a charge account with them. I virtually never pay full retail for clothes since I can get nice things at a good price with a little judicious shopping.

As for fabric, most of my clothes are 100% cotton. If I don't overload the dryer and take things out as soon as the dryer stops, they look fine, although I have a couple of dress shirts that really do need to be ironed to look right. I did buy a 100% wool turtleneck in Paris that I found to be very warm yet lightweight over the winter. I will probably buy some more wool for next winter.

OffThaHorseCEO
06-08-12, 03:06 PM
gdwriter, you made me confuse you for bigjim for a sec

kindly change your avatar (jk do whatever the hell you want, just know that i may confuse you for bigjimsho)

OffThaHorseCEO
06-08-12, 03:12 PM
I try not to buy anything unless i have coupons or its on sale either lol.

I also dont concern myself with having the most in style colors patterns etc.

I buy from anywhere that i feel makes me look good as long as its durable. I was buying Banana Republic for a while because i really liked their clothes, but it all fell apart quick so i stopped. i went back reluctantly recently and have had good luck since. i also buy SOME express polo and van heusen, which is my work clothes along with the banana republic. For home, or "chillin" i wear all my old tommy hilfiger stuff which has held up surprisingly well. My style has changed a small bit though and it doesnt always fit the way id like. I wonder if the tailor would laugh if i brought him some of my favorite tommy jeans to re-fit

MotownPimp
06-08-12, 03:32 PM
My favorite shopping place is online at Norm Thompson's. High quality products at very good prices. Two favorites are the Shikari shirts and microfiber and (lightweight) wool blend dress slacks. I have at least 10 of the shirts and owned 25 or so over the years. Picture:93164

EcSTSatic
06-08-12, 03:32 PM
Dockers

MotownPimp
06-08-12, 03:33 PM
No, I do not own Thompson stock!! LOL!

Submariner409
06-08-12, 04:03 PM
Whatever 'brand" sends the "factory outlet" e-mail discount coupons for the weekend - "buy one, get one...." plus an additional 30% off.

It's ALL made in Maylasia anyway..........

Just bought 4 pair of Wrangler permanent press cotton blend khakis in 38 X 32, seconds, for $11 a pair.

orconn
06-08-12, 04:14 PM
So far I'd say we are all value shoppers; solid brands from places that discount! Right in line with our preference for well maintained Cadillacs that have depreciated enough to be good buys from an economic standpoint.

I am still one of the old guys who dresses in suits and ties for business and semi formal and formal social affairs. But my daily "retirement" cloths tend to be wash and wear khakis and button down shirts. Loafers or boat shoes do me fine. Certainly not a slave to fashion, just an old preppy stuck in his style ways. I do buy most of my pants and shirts from Orvis as I can trust their sizing, style and quality of materials. We have an Orvis store here in Richmond, but my Scots blood and tightness with a buck keep me going to the outlet store in Williamsburg and for a long time buying Orvis stuff on Ebay (not as good a source as it used to be). For dressier clothing I find Burberry seems to fit me the best "off the rack" and since we had a Burberry outlet store close by in Northern Virginia I got most of what I need and will, several years ago.

I am interested, Motown, in your preference for the wool mix pants. I have recently discovered the "Washable Wool" pants put out by several classic mens wear makers and have found them really comfortable in the air conditioned "Summer" (read that hot and humid) of Richmond where even 100% cotton, medium weight Khakis can be too warm! I also don't buy anything but wash and wear button downs now. The ones from Orvis are truly "Wash and Wear" and look better than prof laundry done shirts, just out of the dryer. To be honest I am very rarely allowed to use the washer dryer machines, for some reason my wife feels I am incompetent (and always have been) to put soap in and push a few buttons! She is very territorial about certain jobs in the household!

gary88
06-08-12, 04:21 PM
Zara. Nordstrom/Brooks Brothers for dress shirts too.

Stingroo
06-08-12, 04:59 PM
I hate shopping. I usually just buy whatever. I'm a T-shirt and jeans kind of guy. Half of my shirts are orange, or related to B-bodies. The rest are sarcastic. Occasionally I'll sport a polo for something, but I hate them.

p00p.

talismandave
06-08-12, 04:59 PM
Because I work in hardware and am tough on clothes and need to look (sort of) good I only buy from Duluth Trading Company. Their stuff is stylish enough and wears like iron. I have owned some pants for three years and not a tear in them. I got so sick of every pair of jeans wearing out in the pockets from the large number of keys I carry, and a hand full of screws from time to time. They make the pockets out of the canvas that is used to cover fire hoses, works the charm! They are not cheap but the brand name jeans weren't either and these last two or three times longer for me.
Otherwise for my off hours clothes, Is Goodwill a brand?:rolleyes:

drewsdeville
06-08-12, 06:50 PM
Jeans and plain, solid-colored (usually white) t-shirts or tanks on my own time. No BS written on them, no advertisements, no labels. Add flannel during the fall and winter.

Polos and khaki pants for casual dress and work.

Faded Crest
06-08-12, 07:09 PM
I'm with Dave for most stuff... Goodwill and other big thrift stores. You might just be shocked at what you can find there for $3 or $4. Recently bought a Nordstrom dress shirt, brand new condition for $3.79.

But personally I don't care about name brands in most cases unless the name brand reflect added durability and longevity. I do like Carhart jeans for their cut and durability.

hueterm
06-08-12, 07:32 PM
Polos and tees: Polo and Lacoste
Dress shirts/ Oxfords: Polo
Slacks/ khakis: Polo and Dockers
Jeans: Levi's
Shoes: New Balance, Merrell, Bass

Faded Crest
06-08-12, 07:45 PM
I used to be more fashion conscious... But I'm over 40, married, and work for myself... so I don't care.

brandondeleo
06-08-12, 07:58 PM
Jeans: Guess, BKE, Diesel, and Calvin Klein.
Shirts: American Eagle and Armani Exchange.
Socks: Under Armour. Greatest socks ever.
I either buy BKE leather jackets or CWU licensed jackets.
I like Lucky, Hollister, and Billabong shorts.
I couldn't care less about shoes as long as they're comfortable and look good. You've got to admit, there are underwear preferences. I like Hugo Boss. :histeric:
I have a thing for sunglasses and watches. I like Oakley, Spy, Armani, and Serengeti sunglasses. Depends on the type. I like Citizen EcoDrive watches. Never need a battery.

Nordstrom is an awesome store. Especially Nordstrom Rack. I like Buckle stores, too.
I'm picky. I will NOT buy Lee, Eddie Bauer, or Aeropostale jeans. All crap.

Faded Crest
06-08-12, 08:13 PM
The maximum I will pay for sunglasses is $10. I used to be a Ray-Ban guy, but they all got lost or stolen, then it hit me how stupid it was to throw away all that money.

brandondeleo
06-08-12, 08:15 PM
I have a bunch of sunglasses. I've had a certain pair of Oakleys for 5 years. I've never had a pair of my sunglasses stolen or crushed. Most of them aren't even scratched. I take EXTREMELY good care of my things.

brandondeleo
06-08-12, 08:16 PM
I don't buy them a lot, though. I usually buy a pair every 6 months, at most. I haven't bought a pair in a year.

CadillacLuke24
06-08-12, 08:17 PM
LOL. I can't say I'm a fashion exper either. My sisters have told me I look retarted many times before, but I'm comfortable, so who cares? I really like leather Nike basketball shoes, because those things are durable as all get out. Other than that, not really anything.

OffThaHorseCEO
06-08-12, 08:29 PM
I don't buy them a lot, though. I usually buy a pair every 6 months, at most. I haven't bought a pair in a year.

whats? thats alot. in my life time i have probably bought 4 pairs of sunglasses. i bought a cheapo pair in italy and hated them so much i left them there.
currently i have one pair in the SRX and one pair in the Allanté where they are actually very necessary. Other than that i hate the way i look in them so i dont really buy them

LOL. I can't say I'm a fashion exper either. My sisters have told me I look retarted many times before, but I'm comfortable, so who cares? I really like leather Nike basketball shoes, because those things are durable as all get out. Other than that, not really anything.

the ladies care. even if youre in a commited, comfortable relationship youd be surprised what even a temporary spruced up wardrobe will accomplish

brandondeleo
06-08-12, 08:31 PM
I wear them whenever it's sunny. Which, in Ellensburg, is almost every day. Especially in a convertible. My eyes are pretty sensitive to light. Plus, I just look better with them.

I can keep providing excuses. :lol:

Jesda
06-08-12, 08:47 PM
I -love- Brooks Brothers. Don't own any of their clothes yet.

The best-fitting and nicest-looking jeans I've ever owned were from Aeropostale but they wore out very quickly. Quality was disappointing.

orconn
06-08-12, 09:08 PM
Actually, Jesda, Brooks Brothers might suit you very well. My son who has a chunkier (more square) build than I do can wear Brooks Brothers suits right of the rack. I have worn Brooks stuff since I was in prep school (hand me down from my cousins, my parent never knew how lucky they were!) and i still have a lot of Brooks stuff, but today I prefer the cut on Burberry's classic suits as opposed to the squarer cut on the Brooks Brothers suits and jackets.

The problem with many of the outlets is that much of the merchandise carried there is not the same as that carried in their full retail stores. Ten to fifteen years ago you could get some great deals on leftover stock at RL Polo , Brooks Brothers and Burberry, but I '[ve noticed the last few years that there is very little merchandise from the regular stores at the outlets. I know the polo shirts that I got at Brooks Bros. out lets were not the same as those I used to get at the Brooks Bros. store in Los Angeles. Not as heavy and didn't wear nearly as long. However, some of the Polo polo shirts I have gotten at Marshall's were exactly the same as first quality Polo.

Kad4Life
06-08-12, 09:30 PM
501's and ratty T's w/Sneakers in Summer; add a polarfleece pullover and a barn coat for Winter .
For when people are looking at the clothes rather than the person inside them, I got all the usual Wedding/Funeral shite .

Kad
Oh yeah, Hawaiian shirts too .

CadillacLuke24
06-08-12, 11:12 PM
the ladies care. even if youre in a commited, comfortable relationship youd be surprised what even a temporary spruced up wardrobe will accomplish

So you're telling me that, aside from the few pounds I could stand to lose, if I started dressing like I was something other than a lazy bum who can't afford anything more than beat up basketball shoes, old holey shirts, and tired old shorts, I could get a hot date?

:doh:

And here I was thinking I was a unwanted chump :D

Faded Crest
06-08-12, 11:57 PM
The ladies do like it when you dress sharp. When I dress up a little my wife always makes a positive comment.

The-Dullahan
06-09-12, 12:08 AM
http://www.kilts-n-stuff.com/kilts/casual-kilt/

Accompanied with whatever T-Shirt I chose to wear that day, a 2" wide leather belt of my own design, my signature boots made from recycled car parts and my hat and I'm set.

Just not the Poly or Acrylic kilts. Just...wrong.

Alternatively, I have a few custom kilts designed by friends for other purposes including an awesome Denim one for work purposes, as well as another few denim ones from Utilikilt and a really thick one made from black heavy weight duck cloth, designed as a merger of a tool belt and a kilt, held together with rivets.

MotownPimp
06-09-12, 12:12 AM
orconn, the Norm Thompson wool mix pants are very light weight; hard to believe wool is in the blend. I can wear them year around including in Sacramento's blast furnace summer days.

By the way, I too am not allowed any where near the W/D!

talismandave
06-09-12, 12:44 AM
I forgot about shoes. For work on cement floors all day the best comfort I have found is the Shape-up by Sketchers. Almost all my co-workers have converted too! For dressier I will have to go with Doc Martins. For dress, then whatever and get out of them ASAP.
Loud print shirts are mandatory for off days! The worse the better!
Don't get me started on watches....:rolleyes:

thebigjimsho
06-09-12, 03:43 AM
I buy Skechers for casual shoes, Stacy Adams and Dockers for dress shoes. Levi's 559 jeans, Joseph Abboud dress shirts, Kenneth Cole suits and Synergy casual shirts. I also have Harbor Bay underwear and Hanes socks. Florsheim dress socks, too.

brandondeleo
06-09-12, 05:28 AM
I'm wearing my favorite pair of jeans and one of my favorite shirts in this picture. I'm 6'3" and my friend is like 5', so I look like a freaking telephone pole.
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/543316_2719452444407_1107298244_n.jpg

talismandave
06-09-12, 08:41 AM
My one friend from school that I still am in touch with was built like you. He wore 29/36 pants. He always had a hard time finding pants his size and his family and friends would watch for his size. One time in the late 80s he donated some old jeans from the 70s to Goodwill because they were so dated in style. A week later he was at his grandmothers house and she was all excited because she had found some jeans for him his size!
You guessed it...she brought out his old jeans!

exterminate
06-09-12, 09:41 AM
brands that aren't loud with their logo. preferably hidden

Faded Crest
06-09-12, 10:08 AM
You guys should check out a book called Class by Paul Fussell. It is a study of the social classes in the United States. It's an enjoyable read and quite humorous. He talks a lot in the book about how the different classes dress and the way each class is drawn to a certain clothing style and brand. It would be easy to peg a lot of you guys. :lol:

talismandave
06-09-12, 10:12 AM
My "class" or lack there of is an open book already! Proudly lower middle, but with no aspirations!:cool2:

brandondeleo
06-09-12, 10:14 AM
You guys should check out a book called Class by Paul Fussell. It is a study of the social classes in the United States. It's an enjoyable read and quite humorous. He talks a lot in the book about how the different classes dress and the way each class is drawn to a certain clothing style and brand. It would be easy to peg a lot of you guys. :lol:
Labels and stereotypes.

Apply to me quite often.

Faded Crest
06-09-12, 10:19 AM
The book is pretty funny actually... Tongue-in-cheek style and the author plays no favorites. He makes fun of all classes. The book is so enjoyable because his observations are so true.

talismandave
06-09-12, 10:26 AM
My "class" or lack there of is an open book already! Proudly lower middle, but with no aspirations!:cool2:
Unless you consider the 4 concrete blocks I ordered for the Talisman as an aspiration to white trash status.:rolleyes:

Jesda
06-09-12, 11:01 AM
My one friend from school that I still am in touch with was built like you. He wore 29/36 pants. He always had a hard time finding pants his size and his family and friends would watch for his size. One time in the late 80s he donated some old jeans from the 70s to Goodwill because they were so dated in style. A week later he was at his grandmothers house and she was all excited because she had found some jeans for him his size!
You guessed it...she brought out his old jeans!

I buy 38x30 pants.... and take them to the tailor to make them shorter :histeric:

brandondeleo
06-09-12, 11:22 AM
I buy 38x30 pants.... and take them to the tailor to make them shorter :histeric:
I'm a 31/35. Lol. Really stupid size.

Rolex
06-09-12, 11:48 AM
scrubs #boring

ga_etc
06-09-12, 12:44 PM
I mostly wear t-shirts and jeans. Polos and khakis aren't unusual for me, especially when I want to look a little nicer. Favorite jeans are Urban Pipelines sold at Kohls. Super comfortable and wear really well. Shoes are almost always New Balance, sometimes Nike, depending on if I can find a wide width.

billc83
06-09-12, 04:01 PM

I'm actually at the library right now - going to check that out...

orconn
06-09-12, 05:00 PM
I remember when I moved from California to New Jersey in 1955, that at that time style of clothing worn by kids was very regional. When I went to public elementary school in Haddonfield, NJ I was told by the principal that I couldn't wear my blue jeans to school but had to wear corduroys or wool pants. In California of the early fifties every boy, rich or poor, wore blue jeans and a horizontally striped T-shirt.

Some of the guys, in New Jersey, had already begun to wear "DA" (Duck Ass) haircuts and high riser pants and box toe shoes. But these guys were the height of teenage fashion! While the "DA" haircut may have caught on in California (Cookie, Cookie lend me your comb!) the box toe shoes and high riser pants with the contrasting stripe never made it off the local days of "Band Stand."

The first national fashion trend, among teenagers, that I remember was around 1957 when the "Prep Look" fad of Khakis with "Crap Straps" on the back, polo shirts, madras shirts and sport coats swept the nation. This probably had more to do with "Band Stand" being nationally syndicated and began national fashion trends for young people. The "Preppy" look for both boys and girls continued well into the 1960's when the "Hippie" look began to take over young peoples' fashion.

Let's face most of my generation wore the preppie look well into college .... unless you were a beatnik or just a hick (check out the ag or engineering schools).

The "Preppy" style came back into fashion again with a vengeance in the early 1980's only to superseded by variations on the "Gangster" (pants on the floor, peddle pusher shorts) look that began to gain favor in the early to mid nineties. Kind of a "Gangsterized" pseudo preppy look seems to hold forth today, for both teenagers and young adults.

The ubiquitous baggie t-shirt and khaki cargo shorts and the ever present sweat shirt and sweat pants (which sort of evolved out of the track suit popular last decade) see in public today seems more a feature of sartorial laziness combined with bad taste than effort at style. The first decade of the new millennium will probably go down as a time when style was displaced by fashion ignorance and lack of desire. The "Business Casual" trend run amok!

talismandave
06-09-12, 09:11 PM
Well, for my generation the fashion trends were.
60's;Bell bottom jeans and Nehru jackets, with mock turtleneck and necklace. (preferably W/medallion)
Early 70's; Faded jeans with gauze peasant shirts, sandals.(patchouli oil)
Late 70's; Double knit flared pants, (matching leisure jacket), sateen shirt (open to 5th button), platform heal/sole shoes.
(Necklace with tiny gold spoon optional with both late 70's and 80's attire)
80's; Black peg leg pants, white dress shirt (tiny collar tabs), skinny black tie.
Is it any wonder I gave up on fashion concerns!

orconn
06-09-12, 10:19 PM
^^^ By that time I was in Brooks Bros suits 10 hours a day!

The-Dullahan
06-10-12, 01:11 AM
Could not imagine wearing dungarees every day. That would be creepy-as-hell.

talismandave
06-10-12, 01:19 AM
Could not imagine wearing dungarees every day. That would be creepy-as-hell.
I'm cargo shorts now, which isn't that far off from your attire.

93DevilleUSMC
06-10-12, 09:23 AM
I like Danner boots and UnderArmor shirts and winter compression sweat tops. I use these brands as work clothing, so I stay with them because they can take abuse.

Jesda
06-10-12, 11:35 AM
The trend in the midwest is 70s/80s retro-upscale. Argyle, solids, and well-tailored shirts and pants in mainstream pastels like cyan, yellow, bright purple, and pink.

Some designers are pushing bowties but I don't see that catching on here. I don't see bright red, orange, or purple pants gaining popularity either.

brandondeleo
06-10-12, 11:38 AM
Some designers are pushing bowties but I don't see that catching on here. I don't see bright red, orange, or purple pants gaining popularity either.
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/hipster-trap.jpg

Jesda
06-10-12, 11:42 AM
I blame Andy Bernard.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fqA5GFmtvBA/TdbWzu97rMI/AAAAAAAAAB8/R5l59Usm1Kw/s1600/Picture+3.png

brandondeleo
06-10-12, 11:43 AM
It's a white Jesda!

orconn
06-10-12, 03:24 PM
Looks like "Hyper Wasp" to me! Sort of "twenty-two skiddoo" meets the seventies!

brandondeleo
06-10-12, 03:57 PM
Twenty-THREE skidoo. :thepan:

...the phrase comes from New York with the construction of the Flatiron building. The Flatiron building was so tall that it created a draft at street level which was known to turn up women's skirts, and the Flatiron building is on 5th and 23rd.

You can use twenty-two skidoo, because it's technically valid. The corner opposite is 22nd. Twenty-three skidoo is the prominent phrase, though. Besides, I like to screw with you. :bouncy:

vincentm
06-10-12, 04:02 PM
Nope , just buy whatever i think i like, i dont even try em on first, in the cart they go and im done

orconn
06-10-12, 04:07 PM
Twenty-THREE skidoo. :thepan:

...the phrase comes from New York with the construction of the Flatiron building. The Flatiron building was so tall that it created a draft at street level which was known to turn up women's skirts, and the Flatiron building is on 5th and 23rd.

You can use twenty-two skidoo, because it's technically valid. The corner opposite is 22nd. Twenty-three skidoo is the prominent phrase, though. Besides, I like to screw with you. :bouncy:

Thank you for this bit of enlightenment! Somehow "twenty-two skidoo" sounds better.

brandondeleo
06-10-12, 04:10 PM
Thank you for this bit of enlightenment! Somehow "twenty-two skidoo" sounds better.
"Twenty-two skidoo" rhymes more, obviously. :lol:
For me it's just one of those "this is how I've heard it and said it forever, so everything else feels wrong" things.

talismandave
06-10-12, 04:49 PM
The trend in the midwest is 70s/80s retro-upscale. Argyle, solids, and well-tailored shirts and pants in mainstream pastels like cyan, yellow, bright purple, and pink.

When I was in sales I had a collection of bow ties. One of the biggest problems is when people come back to buy they wouldn't remember your name and would deal with someone else. I wore bow ties and tennis shoes with my suit. When a salesman would ask if they had been there before, they would remember the guy with the bow tie!

orconn
06-10-12, 05:16 PM
Did you get your uniqueness of style from that guy (old) that used to do the ads for King's Dominion? The one with the horn rims, spectator shoes and the old bus?

talismandave
06-10-12, 05:26 PM
He must have copied me, maybe I sold him a Pontiac once. I was doing that in the early 80's.
I liked his bus though.

orconn
06-10-12, 05:37 PM
^^^ Could be, the guy kind of looked like "Orville Redenbacher" got lost in the "upper" Mid-West! Maybe he was looking for the Oscar Meyer "Weiner Wagon" and decided he needed a cool Pontiac!

talismandave
06-10-12, 06:12 PM
^^^ Could be, the guy kind of looked like "Orville Redenbacher" got lost in the "upper" Mid-West! Maybe he was looking for the Oscar Meyer "Weiner Wagon" and decided he needed a cool Pontiac!
Unfortunately Cool Pontiacs (for the most part) were no longer on the sales floor in the early eighties.

Faded Crest
06-10-12, 09:53 PM
Unfortunately Cool Pontiacs (for the most part) were no longer on the sales floor in the early eighties.

I'd take any Trans-am or a 1980-81 Bonneville. After all, I used to watch Knight Rider every week back then. Or I'd take a big station wagon... Although you did say "cool", didn't you... :hmm: Sorry, Stingroo... I remember those days and they wagons weren't cool back then. :nono:

But you are right, GM did all they could to self destruct back in those days. That awful '82-'86 Bonneville with that crappy v-6 and putting that pathetic 2.8 v-6 in a firebird? :ack:

talismandave
06-10-12, 10:16 PM
I love those old Bonnevilles, I started in late 81 so they were only used on the lot by then. Give me a two door one in that two tone brown with leather and a slider and I'd be a happy camper.
Don't get me started on the Firebird my first demo was a new Firebird when we just got the new body ones in. Cool right!..WRONG, 4 cyl only option was automatic trans.:rant2:
It was still fun because they were a hot design and so new most people didn't even know what they were. Had to have extra time every time I drove it to answer questions.

Faded Crest
06-10-12, 10:23 PM
Holy smokes!!! I had forgotten about the 4 cyls! I guess I blocked them out of my memory.... And I thought the 2.8 v-6 was bad! Ugh! They probably came out with the 4 cylinder to make the 2.8 look good.... FAIL!!!

talismandave
06-10-12, 10:38 PM
Unfortunately seared in my memory.

thebigjimsho
06-11-12, 11:47 AM
My first 2 cars had 2.8 V6s. One was carbeurated in my Citation and the other was FI in my Corsica. My parents had a Celebrity with a 2.8. I didn't think they were all that bad. Low on hp, but torquey. And they sounded good...

thebigjimsho
06-11-12, 11:50 AM
Oh, and a buddy of mine had an original boxy Cavalier Z24 hatch with a 2.8. In that car, it was a screamer...

Faded Crest
06-11-12, 12:41 PM
Now I'll admit those 2.8's did sound good at the tailpipes. And another thing is for their time, and compared to everything else that was available, they weren't really all that bad. But by today's standards they are just an obsolete joke.

thebigjimsho
06-11-12, 02:24 PM
By today's standards, the 400hp in my '04 V would be merely OK.

cadi509
06-11-12, 02:44 PM
I find my carhartt loose fit pants and Georgia boots the most comfortable even when I'm not working.... Summer time is a lot of cargo shorts, the rest is just some plain old navy jeans, nothing fancy and shirts usually express what I like doing, brewery shirts, firearms, Cadillac, the occasional super hero shirt I leave most of the looks for my cars

Aztec ETC ECS
06-11-12, 06:08 PM
Brandon, is this you?

http://cache1.bigcartel.com/product_images/44525711/cadillac_classic_01.jpg

Faded Crest
06-11-12, 06:15 PM
What are you doing, Mike? :stirpot: :Poke: :lildevil:

Aztec ETC ECS
06-11-12, 06:28 PM
^ What? I thought that happened to be a very nice picture.

Faded Crest
06-11-12, 06:30 PM
It is a nice picture, but I've read the censorship thread. :sneaky:

Aztec ETC ECS
06-11-12, 06:35 PM
It is a nice picture, but I've read the censorship thread. :sneaky:
Na. We're cool now. If I wanted to start something, I would have posted something like this:

http://www.steelrabbit.com/Stuff/pix/2009-06-21_NastasjaSebring1_W.jpg

But I didn't.

Faded Crest
06-11-12, 06:37 PM
Now that made me laugh. :lol:

Aztec ETC ECS
06-11-12, 06:39 PM
Now that made me laugh. :lol:
As much as the "Shaker Hood" Eldo?

Faded Crest
06-11-12, 06:44 PM
The "Shaker" just made me cry.

cadi509
06-11-12, 08:02 PM
Why does everybody pick on Brandon, were gonna send that guy to therapy or something lol jk Brandon we love ya I'm sure.....

exterminate
06-11-12, 08:10 PM
there is a price that would make almost any brand worth buying

Aztec ETC ECS
06-11-12, 08:14 PM
Why does everybody pick on Brandon, were gonna send that guy to therapy or something lol jk Brandon we love ya I'm sure.....
I wasn't pickin', really. I saw a pic of him & his girl that he posted a saw a resemblance.
Check page 3 of this thread, post#34 & see for yourself.

Faded Crest
06-11-12, 09:38 PM
I like Brandon. He seems like a good kid. Aztec just has a mischievous sense of humor. All in good fun... (I hope). :skeptical:

Aztec ETC ECS
06-11-12, 10:56 PM
I like Brandon. He seems like a good kid. Aztec just has a mischievous sense of humor. All in good fun... (I hope). :skeptical:

I really don't know what you're talkin' about!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31cxuHBowbL._SX342_.jpg

cadi509
06-11-12, 11:28 PM
I wasn't pickin', really. I saw a pic of him & his girl that he posted a saw a resemblance.
Check page 3 of this thread, post#34 & see for yourself.

Yea I seen it...

Aztec ETC ECS
06-11-12, 11:38 PM
Yea I seen it...
Thank you.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-12-12, 12:11 AM
I like Polo by Ralph Lauren. I have an RL classic Polo, got it 3 years ago from a girl I was dating. Shirt still looks & fits good today. Lacoste is great too, but $$$ and not as well fitting as Ralph Lauren.

Aron9000
06-13-12, 04:48 AM
Just saying that I have about 25-30 different metal band t shirts in my wardrobe. Usually buy them at concerts, always gotta get the one with the tour dates on the back. So yeah, about 90% of my wardrobe is black shirts. Usually just throw them on with a pair of jeans and various shoes. Have 3 different pairs of DC skate shoes, couple different pairs of white new balance running shoes. Also have a few pairs of cargo shorts, couple black ones, couple of khaki ones, and a couple sort of brown pairs that look good with the black shirt.

Also have a few polo/collared shirts. I really like the "golf" style shirts they sell at Macy's, they're made out of synthetic, breathable fibers, same stuff you make an underarmor shirt out of. And yes, I still have a couple oxfords and white shirts, some nice ties, good slacks, a pair of loafers, and blazers for when I need to make an appearance in court or at at funeral. Its a personal belief of mine that by dressing NICE at a funeral, you are showing respect to the dead. I always get my hair cut and my beard shaved off before a funeral as well.

RobbieB
06-13-12, 05:35 PM
I'm a fan of anything Oakley...not really a clothing brand per say, but they do have a few shirts, jackets, and other odds & ends.

brandondeleo
06-15-12, 09:20 AM
Totally missed page 6 of this thread... Skipped right over it. Epic! :lol:

You mean this picture?
That's not my girlfriend.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/543316_2719452444407_1107298244_n.jpg

This is my ex girlfriend. We broke up in December.
A little taller... 6'. :lol:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/405684_267413649990904_777060554_n.jpg

Aztec ETC ECS
06-15-12, 09:25 AM
Knew u'd luv it.

brandondeleo
06-15-12, 09:28 AM
The one with the chick in the white Sebring... Priceless.

BTW, I am getting that tee shirt. Where did you find it? :lol:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-15-12, 09:30 AM
I have a Cadillac t-shirt that I bought at Target back in 2006. It still fits me to this day, and even though it's a little tattered around the edges, I still wear it if I'm going running or to sleep in, because it's still very soft & comfortable.

brandondeleo
06-15-12, 09:31 AM
I WILL HAVE THIS

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31cxuHBowbL._SX342_.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-15-12, 09:34 AM
I need this T-shirt:
http://www.zazzle.com/marauder_shirt-235859361237520701

Aztec ETC ECS
06-15-12, 09:38 AM
The one with the chick in the white Sebring... Priceless.

BTW, I am getting that tee shirt. Where did you find it? :lol:

I was cryin' when I found the Sebring pic. Still am. Google the shirt!

ThumperPup
06-15-12, 10:11 AM
I always do my shopping at Rochester Big & Tall i would drive to Detroit for it when lived in ohio and now im in FL less then 5 miles from one
i see my self to always be getting the Calaway polos they are awesome
love the dry action material
or i order Reabok polos from the catalog
those seem to be the 2 brands i have always found myself buying more often
sometimes i get tom cutter buck but not a big fan for some reason and eccho every now and than

Submariner409
06-15-12, 10:33 AM
orconn searches high and low for Fruit of The Loom.......:stirpot:

ThumperPup
06-15-12, 10:58 AM
isnt that what Michael Jordan used to do commercial for all the time ?

orconn
06-15-12, 01:16 PM
orconn searches high and low for Fruit of The Loom.......:stirpot:

I've been told that's all they've got at the Navy PX, but I'm not retired military. Damn!

Submariner409
06-15-12, 01:24 PM
.............matter of fact, you're right - the Exchange does carry their stuff !

The theme song of the (any navy) submariner............" I'm walking behind you........" :sneaky:

orconn
06-15-12, 01:40 PM
^^^ Not just the submariners; the NSG guys used to hum that song all the time!