Cadillac Owners Forum banner

police hit MY car!!!!!

7K views 67 replies 38 participants last post by  50 4Ever 
#1 ·
#24 ·
I just left the cyropractors office to go back to work. Pullex up to make a left, the officer was parked on my left in the entrance lane and then just hit the gas to turn right and ripped the nose off my V. I was at a dead stop.
My guess is he was running traffic patrol and was taking off to nab a speeder. I guess the silver lining is that you helped someone else avoid illegal state-sanctioned tax collecting.

OMG, I would go off on that idiot. Sorry that happened to you!!!
Well maybe - they do carry guns.
So do I. :yup:
Me three. :guns:

#16 ·
Was he eating a doughnut?

#20 ·
At least you weren't rear ended and all the dead hookers in the trunk were exposed.
They really don't like it when you spoil their appetite.

Reactions: lollygagger8
#41 · (Edited)
That sux my man...good luck with the repairs.....

Be civil to the cop....not all of them are bad guys.....accidents do happen.....

...and just think....the cop has a boss, a Lt and a Capt to answer to....it is not going to be a walk in the park for him either....

Bottomline: He wrecked your car....car will be fixed....and both of you walked away....things can ALWAYS be worse....
Being listed as a professional driver and having attended way to many safety classes.
They preached and usually proved.
"There is no such thing as a vehicle accident".
The only exception ever offered.
If rear ended by an airplane that is falling from the sky while backing up.

Hire a Lawyer to be sure you are fully compensated.

#31 ·
My $.02, Be nothing but a gentleman, and don't trying to win the world, talk to a lawyer, get what you deserve (car repairs, decreased value payment, any pain you might be in).

muncipalitys have huge insurance companys to work for them in lawsuits they are a pain in the ass to deal with,hence talk to a lawyer, and cops remember people who try to screw them over and be jerks, so do their colleages, and yes it was his fault, and they will fix your car, and you if need be.
But the next time you are running 10 over the posted, he might say "that guy was pretty cool when i hit him" or he might say, that guys a jerk and tried to screw me and the PD hardcore, lets give him a ticket.
Don't ask me how i know, i just do.

Keep records of everything done to the car, pics, repairs, so if you do sell it, you can show a patencial buyer what happen and why car fax shows and accident. I bought an impala ss that was wrecked, car fax showed totaled, but when he gave me all the paperwork and pics, it wasn't that bad, i bought it without hesitation, so it sometimes can help.
Good luck sir.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.