: police hit MY car!!!!!

Talyon
06-08-12, 01:57 AM

Talyon
06-08-12, 01:58 AM
They accepted fault, now im worried about value and proper repairs :(

howanicm
06-08-12, 01:59 AM
Sounds like LOTS of new parts in your future. Maybe even a new car!

Talyon
06-08-12, 02:03 AM
The gap between the driver door and the driver side fender is a full 1/4 in bigger than before. She only had 53k on her.

mstrjon32
06-08-12, 02:18 AM
That's some BS right there. How did it happen?

odla
06-08-12, 08:17 AM
yea how did it happen?

nvthev
06-08-12, 08:21 AM
By the looks, he was coming around you going to a call and turned right to early?

carpooler
06-08-12, 08:38 AM
I hope you gave him an earfull...that is terrible:want:

rand49er
06-08-12, 09:14 AM
Excuse me. I need to hurl.

jcollege
06-08-12, 09:22 AM
Oh man that is painful to see. At least they accepted fault and didnt try and give you a run around.

Talyon
06-08-12, 10:14 AM
I just left the cyropractors office to go back to work. Pullex up to make a left, the officer was parked on my left in the entrance lane and then just hit the gas to turn right and ripped the nose off my V. I was at a dead stop.

JFensty
06-08-12, 10:16 AM
Sorry to hear, and especially see about it.

lollygagger8
06-08-12, 10:32 AM
OMG, I would go off on that idiot. Sorry that happened to you!!!

nvthev
06-08-12, 11:04 AM
ugh, thats to bad. Hopefully they will take good care of you. You didn't get hurt did you? Must have been a good jolt.

darkman
06-08-12, 11:17 AM
OMG, I would go off on that idiot.

Well maybe - they do carry guns.

JD03Cobra
06-08-12, 11:38 AM
Was he eating a doughnut?

Faber
06-08-12, 12:10 PM
that blows man. Best of luck getting it repaired right. I'd find the best shop in your area and take her there. I wonder how dumb the cop felt...

lollygagger8
06-08-12, 12:41 PM
At least you weren't rear ended and all the dead hookers in the trunk were exposed.

FoD
06-08-12, 01:05 PM

So do I. :yup:

Twitch
06-08-12, 03:44 PM
Was he eating a doughnut?

At least you weren't rear ended and all the dead hookers in the trunk were exposed.

They really don't like it when you spoil their appetite.

Ny's Caddy
06-08-12, 07:00 PM
What A S#*t Head !!! Did any airbags go off?

kciaccio
06-08-12, 08:44 PM
Looks like it can be repaired ok. Sucks that Carfax and auto check will have wrecks put on the report. Every dealer uses these reports when determining value. I would say you have lost at least $1,000 in diminished value. depending on the repairs it could be more.

RADEoN
06-08-12, 09:54 PM
i like how everyone is talking all this shit on the cop like he did it on purpose. what the **** people, it's an ACCIDENT. not a PURPOSE.

DDS rollin a CTS
06-08-12, 09:55 PM
yea how did it happen?

I just left the cyropractors office to go back to work. Pullex up to make a left, the officer was parked on my left in the entrance lane and then just hit the gas to turn right and ripped the nose off my V. I was at a dead stop.

My guess is he was running traffic patrol and was taking off to nab a speeder. I guess the silver lining is that you helped someone else avoid illegal state-sanctioned tax collecting.

OMG, I would go off on that idiot. Sorry that happened to you!!!

So do I. :yup:

Me three. :guns:

Overd0s3
06-08-12, 10:56 PM
Good luck to you and your car. I suggest you sue them, considering your spinal injuries.

Stingroo
06-08-12, 11:06 PM
Wow. That's really shitty.

thebigjimsho
06-09-12, 01:56 AM
Wow. That's really shitty.

So is your avatar...

Stingroo
06-09-12, 04:15 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

'Sup with that? lol

exterminate
06-09-12, 08:35 AM
good icebreaker story

dangrus
06-09-12, 10:14 AM
Looks like it can be repaired ok. Sucks that Carfax and auto check will have wrecks put on the report. Every dealer uses these reports when determining value. I would say you have lost at least $1,000 in diminished value. depending on the repairs it could be more.

Some older body shops do not report to Carfax. My body shop said it is not a requirement for them so they don't waste their time with it.

nvthev
06-09-12, 10:22 AM
My $.02, Be nothing but a gentleman, and don't trying to win the world, talk to a lawyer, get what you deserve (car repairs, decreased value payment, any pain you might be in).

muncipalitys have huge insurance companys to work for them in lawsuits they are a pain in the ass to deal with,hence talk to a lawyer, and cops remember people who try to screw them over and be jerks, so do their colleages, and yes it was his fault, and they will fix your car, and you if need be.
But the next time you are running 10 over the posted, he might say "that guy was pretty cool when i hit him" or he might say, that guys a jerk and tried to screw me and the PD hardcore, lets give him a ticket.
Don't ask me how i know, i just do.

Keep records of everything done to the car, pics, repairs, so if you do sell it, you can show a patencial buyer what happen and why car fax shows and accident. I bought an impala ss that was wrecked, car fax showed totaled, but when he gave me all the paperwork and pics, it wasn't that bad, i bought it without hesitation, so it sometimes can help.
Good luck sir.

Talyon
06-09-12, 10:24 AM
Hey could any guesstimate the dollar amount for the repairs. Oh!!! Im having covert cadillac in austin tx do the repairs.

V for victory
06-09-12, 10:29 AM
Wow, that looks like it hurts, LOL that sucks! The officers have so much electronics in the cars these days that their is just so many distractions to just the elementary basic driving skills. (Just saying to help defend my brother in blue) hope you and your awesome V are and or will be ok.

JFensty
06-09-12, 01:30 PM
Hey could any guesstimate the dollar amount for the repairs. Oh!!! Im having covert cadillac in austin tx do the repairs.

Well for starters... 1k a piece for head lights, upper grille is 580 lower is 500+. You can save or make money if you can get the parts from luke at lindsay and have the shop reimburse you for the retail amount. I had my wheels powder coated instead of replacing three lower grille. Just a thought.

kciaccio
06-10-12, 09:06 PM
Some older body shops do not report to Carfax. My body shop said it is not a requirement for them so they don't waste their time with it.

It's not the body shop I would be worried about. The police report goes on Carfax and Autocheck. They will flag accident, case number and usually how severe the accident is. If you car was disabled it will put that. There is a 90% chance it will be on those reports in about 4 to 5 months. Trust me. I read them all day for my job as a buyer at a dealership.

lollygagger8
06-11-12, 09:27 AM
Maybe they need to make the brush guards a little smaller on the cop cars

Den_93
06-11-12, 09:59 AM
hey could any guesstimate the dollar amount for the repairs. Oh!!! Im having covert cadillac in austin tx do the repairs.

3-4k

M5eater
06-11-12, 10:09 AM
3-4k
That's a lot more than 3-4, that's at least 10,000 if there's no frame damage. He pretty much needs a whole new front-end

mberisha
06-11-12, 10:12 AM
That sux my man...good luck with the repairs.....

Be civil to the cop....not all of them are bad guys.....accidents do happen.....

...and just think....the cop has a boss, a Lt and a Capt to answer to....it is not going to be a walk in the park for him either....

Bottomline: He wrecked your car....car will be fixed....and both of you walked away....things can ALWAYS be worse....

Cadillac1980
06-11-12, 10:33 AM
In the words of the late great EAZY E and NWA "**** THE POLICE"

amunderdog
06-11-12, 10:41 AM
i like how everyone is talking all this shit on the cop like he did it on purpose. what the **** people, it's an ACCIDENT. not a PURPOSE.

That sux my man...good luck with the repairs.....

Be civil to the cop....not all of them are bad guys.....accidents do happen.....

...and just think....the cop has a boss, a Lt and a Capt to answer to....it is not going to be a walk in the park for him either....

Bottomline: He wrecked your car....car will be fixed....and both of you walked away....things can ALWAYS be worse....

Being listed as a professional driver and having attended way to many safety classes.
They preached and usually proved.
"There is no such thing as a vehicle accident".
The only exception ever offered.
If rear ended by an airplane that is falling from the sky while backing up.

Hire a Lawyer to be sure you are fully compensated.

M5eater
06-11-12, 10:43 AM
I would avoid a lawyer unless you're getting a lot of resistiance, or are seriously injured . No attorney in his right mind would touch a PD case like this, there's no money in it for them. *You* would be paying *him* out of pocket as opposed to him receiving a percentage of the settlement amount in say, a large five-six figure+ B/I case.

If you need someone to handle the BS for you, call your own insurance carrier. That's what you're paying them $100+/month for...

and don't let them scare you about any nonsense that your premiums will go up. If they try to pull that stunt in a clearly 100% at fault TP auto accident threaten to drop them.

mberisha
06-11-12, 11:13 AM
In the words of the late great EAZY E and NWA "**** THE POLICE"

Hahah.....true....that's the other angle....

ichpen
06-11-12, 11:55 AM
OK, maybe just a skeptic here but those pics look so photoshopped I'm getting cross-eyed.

Talyon
06-11-12, 01:24 PM
I took the pic with my droidx, no photo shoping here.

M5eater
06-11-12, 01:37 PM
I took the pic with my droidx, no photo shoping here.
I'm not sure he was accusing you of chopping, just that the photos just look a bit odd, which they do. There's hardly any damage to the crown victoria to the untrained eye. or maybe he was, in which case I present the ramming brace on the vic as supporting evidence.

Talyon
06-11-12, 04:56 PM
Oh no i didnt take as an accusation, just that i know how bad photos are from this phone.

Talyon
06-13-12, 10:04 AM
Ok the adjuster says V is up to 5k and thats just what she could see before the shop has done the tare down.

Faber
06-13-12, 01:09 PM
I'm assuming you got a rental from the, right? If it's not a premium, you should complain. When my loss occurred the put me in an econoshitbox for a week before i complained and they got me into a more comparable car w/out any hassle

M5eater
06-13-12, 01:24 PM
I'm assuming you got a rental from the, right? If it's not a premium, you should complain. When my loss occurred the put me in an econoshitbox for a week before i complained and they got me into a more comparable car w/out any hassle

That's strictly dependent on his policy. Which may or may not define that he gets a comparable vehicle.

Talyon
06-13-12, 06:27 PM
Ive got a 2012 camry for a rental. Its a nice car just not my style.

CadzillaTN
06-13-12, 11:53 PM
I'd throw that camry in D at 5k rpm and see if it has any wheel hop

Ny's Caddy
06-14-12, 12:54 AM
I'd throw that camry in D at 5k rpm and see if it has any wheel hop

^^^ that just made me Shart.lmfao.. Reminds me of the time I rented a civic just to show my mom how to drive Manual:))) I had to pay for an extra day just to make the burnt clutch smell to go away before I returned it..

Faber
06-14-12, 09:00 AM
That's strictly dependent on his policy. Which may or may not define that he gets a comparable vehicle.

My assumption was that he was pursuing through the other party and not his own policy given the clear liability. In that case, there is no contractual language and they owe for a comparable rental. But I do agree that if he is pursuing through his own he doesn't have as much leverage.

M5eater
06-14-12, 09:14 AM
My assumption was that he was pursuing through the other party and not his own policy given the clear liability. In that case, there is no contractual language and they owe for a comparable rental. But I do agree that if he is pursuing through his own he doesn't have as much leverage.

Agreed. As I had assumed he went through his own carrier. The municipality claims handlers I've dealt with are very unorginized and lax to say the least. I would be genuiely shocked if they're handling this appropriately for him, and I know that if I ever had to deal with a city for a PD claim, I would just call my own carrier. Assuming of course they don't have a TP carrier, or IA handling this for them.

LAYGO
06-14-12, 04:42 PM
Austin PD has been getting lots of bad press lately. I know this & I'm not even from there . . .

Ludacrisvp
06-14-12, 04:52 PM
Any under hood damage?

Cads4life
06-18-12, 03:32 AM
that blows! If their is frame damage and the cost is too much to repair, the insurance may just take it away from you and give you what the car was worth. I would definitively buy it off your hands in that condition.i wouldnt mind lol

Talyon
06-19-12, 10:36 PM
Would anyone have the frame measurements handy? I sawa diagram a while back that had the A B and C pillars in it with the proper messurments on it

tmac2419
06-20-12, 02:10 PM
I'm not sure he was accusing you of chopping, just that the photos just look a bit odd, which they do. There's hardly any damage to the crown victoria to the untrained eye. or maybe he was, in which case I present the ramming brace on the vic as supporting evidence.

It's kind of hard to tell from that angle, but there is a lot of damage to the "ramming brace." You can see that it is severely bent on the passenger side. Then it just scraped down the passenger side. No photoshop wizadry here.

Talyon
06-21-12, 05:14 PM
I found the collision repair manual from the ctsv registry in a pdf.

Ludacrisvp
07-03-12, 11:44 AM
Any news on the car?

concorso
07-03-12, 11:53 AM
That's a lot more than 3-4, that's at least 10,000 if there's no frame damage. He pretty much needs a whole new front-endHad an accident like this in my 1st CTS. Almost the same situation too, except unattentive vandriver instead of copper. The total cost to fix was somewhere between 12 and 13k CAN.

Talyon
07-03-12, 01:42 PM
Just got the car back yesterday! Total cost for repairs 8700, i had to fork up 860.00 for the passenger side headlight. I know ill get the money back. I did have to hire a lawyer. I just dont have the knowledge to try and fight a city's entire law team.

Talyon
07-03-12, 01:44 PM
She does look pretty!!

Talyon
07-03-12, 01:46 PM
The only piece thats original is the passenger side fog light. After i tint the fogs it wont bother me so much.

Ludacrisvp
07-03-12, 02:32 PM
Looks good. I do spot one oddity, maybe it's just the pic but it looks like the good comes out too far over the sections of bumper by the grill / bumper pushed in a little bit there. Could just be the pic / angle.

50 4Ever
07-04-12, 03:23 PM
That just sux...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/504ever/sheriff.jpg