: Ohhh Brandon! I found ya a car!

CadillacLuke24
06-07-12, 05:21 PM
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/bentley-convertible-ebay-conceals-different-winged-automaker-200747320.html

Just think! It will attract even more attention than the Sebring! You'll be big pimpin' now. :D

The-Dullahan
06-07-12, 07:52 PM
It will attract even more attention!

What kind of sicko drives a car for attention? (Outside the V forum)

Oh wait...that's the prime demographic for Bentley these days isn't it...

vincentm
06-07-12, 08:14 PM
What kind of sicko drives a car for attention? (Outside the V forum)

Oh wait...that's the prime demographic for Bentley these days isn't it...

So where does that leave Chrysler 300 owners ...?

BIGREECE
06-07-12, 08:14 PM
eeehhh? Kind of looks like an Audi TT beefed up.

The-Dullahan
06-07-12, 09:33 PM

Up to modification. See, most of them can't afford something more eye-grabbing, and are from upper-lower class homes and are still too young to afford something more unique, probably making less than 40k a year. (And the elderly. Though not as common as a Town Car or Buick, the 300 is a growing trend with sixty-somethings) So, to make their cars stand out more, they add fender vents and stupid rims and obnoxious grilles. This does not apply to all 300's, but I think it is the most common car subjected to this form of dishonour. The CTS-V on the other hand is more what a balding, overweight, lower-middle-class father buys when he hits his midlife crisis. He's seeking a different kind of attention. Occasionally, younger men have these as well (Lord knows I've seen enough with baby seats) but most younger men haven;t hit that point where they feel they need one for attention.

orconn
06-07-12, 09:48 PM
Are you telling me, Dullahan, that the CTS-V is a dud in the "crumpet catcher" sweepstakes?

CadillacLuke24
06-08-12, 12:35 AM

60 something year old assistant managers at Kmart who are too high strung, hate their job, and probably are eagerly awaiting retirement.

vincentm
06-08-12, 03:10 AM
Up to modification. See, most of them can't afford something more eye-grabbing, and are from upper-lower class homes and are still too young to afford something more unique, probably making less than 40k a year. (And the elderly. Though not as common as a Town Car or Buick, the 300 is a growing trend with sixty-somethings) So, to make their cars stand out more, they add fender vents and stupid rims and obnoxious grilles. This does not apply to all 300's, but I think it is the most common car subjected to this form of dishonour. The CTS-V on the other hand is more what a balding, overweight, lower-middle-class father buys when he hits his midlife crisis. He's seeking a different kind of attention. Occasionally, younger men have these as well (Lord knows I've seen enough with baby seats) but most younger men haven;t hit that point where they feel they need one for attention.

Epic post is epic. My hats off to you sir.

Hronicaing
06-08-12, 04:52 AM
Congratulation.it a good things for share you like things.and you can post new things ,we thanks .

The-Dullahan
06-08-12, 07:29 PM
Are you telling me, Dullahan, that the CTS-V is a dud in the "crumpet catcher" sweepstakes?

Essentially yes. In most cases, if I say such things of other cars, people tend to get mad, but I really mean nothing against the owners/enthusiasts. It is just a valid observation. Corvettes for example. I mean, when was the last time you saw a Corvette in the fast lane doing ten under the limit with some middle-aged guy trying to look cool sitting at the wheel? Chances are, it was also the last time you saw a Corvette at all. Or what about Lamborghini owners. How many of you have ever met Lambo owners? I bet they had little-to-no mechanical knowledge, money to waste and they've never hit above 85 mph in their life. The new Camaros are another example. Recently some associates I don't technically work with, but associate with through work were in a conversation about the cars, because one of them had, bought one. Very much a man amid his own Midlife Crisis. I told him that to me, the Camaro is a really excellent...beater. He was infuriated, but I asked him to point out what a beater SHOULD be and the Camaro became an excellent example by comparison to my other cars and he felt like an idiot. I am totally looking forward to his crap next time I have to see him.
:bigroll:

brandondeleo
06-08-12, 07:40 PM
I've seen that Bentley replica thing a whole lot... Why somebody would do that, I'm not sure, but it's pretty cool. You know it's true. Whoever dropped the money for that kit on that car is a little... insane... but the one thing that confuses me is the fact that they did it to the car and DIDN'T improve the interior at all! That interior is ripped to shit. Adding the like 500 pounds or whatever of that body kit is a bad decision when you've already got that 200hp 2.7 pulling along the 3,500lb car. Idk, it's a fun toy to have, and it sure would attract attention, but the only way I'd ever buy that thing is if it were like $5k MAX just as a novelty. Really that's all that car is. A novelty.

brandondeleo
06-08-12, 07:43 PM
At least on this one they improved the interior.

http://carmabrand.com/2011/11/11/chrysler-sebring-bentley-conversion-forsalefriday-special/

The-Dullahan
06-08-12, 07:59 PM
A lot of companies convert Town Cars into fake Rolls Royce's. This is done with Hearses/Limos most often. Admittedley, I have only ever seen one Limo like this in person and it was driving through the tourist part of U.S. 192 in Kissimmee. It was so horrifically sad.

The Hearses look like this. That is not a RR, regardless of the commentary. It is a town car with a full body conversion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_BkyUXzrL0

brandondeleo
06-08-12, 08:03 PM
That's totally bad ass dude.

CadillacLuke24
06-08-12, 08:21 PM
Yeah. At least that one looks legit.

brandondeleo
06-08-12, 08:22 PM
I honestly think the Bentley replica looks pretty damn convincing. Until you look at the interior.

brandondeleo
06-08-12, 08:24 PM
On a side note, the new 300 is a pretty nice car. I really like it. The old one is a tacky ass cheap box, though.

talismandave
06-09-12, 01:24 PM
And I found one for Roo!

brandondeleo
06-09-12, 01:52 PM
Is that a Civic EK with Cadillac taillights?

talismandave
06-09-12, 02:54 PM
Yup I'm on mobile app and it keeps turning the picture. My phone or the app is wrong? !

CadillacLuke24
06-09-12, 04:01 PM
I've seen some MORON who put the front end of a V1 on a civic. If there's a fashion police, can I start the abomination to automobiles police? Please? :prettyplease:

97EldETC
06-09-12, 04:22 PM
I'v seen a Mazda SUV (newer model) around my town twice this month with all of its Mazda emblems ripped off and replaced with Porsche emblems. The lady thinks she turned her Mazda Into a Porsche Cayenne!

orconn
06-09-12, 05:03 PM
^^^ Is that really worse than buying a Porsche Cayenne in the first place? Apparently both actions make the "doer" feel good!

cadi509
06-09-12, 06:38 PM
That is horrible I just don't understand these Chrysler owners lol...... And Vincent clear your inbox so I can send you a pm

talismandave
06-09-12, 09:17 PM
That was why I followed it to get photo in first place. After looking at it I realized it was orange and sort of wagon-like!

The-Dullahan
06-10-12, 01:13 AM

That's actually REALLY common. I have find them by accident while browsing Craigslist and they come up because the word "Cadillac" appears in their post. This is however the first and so far ONLY Honda with Cadillac tail lamps I have ever seen with them properly mounted. Most are slanted or completely horizontal.

talismandave
06-10-12, 01:27 AM
That's actually REALLY common. I have find them by accident while browsing Craigslist and they come up because the word "Cadillac" appears in their post. This is however the first and so far ONLY Honda with Cadillac tail lamps I have ever seen with them properly mounted. Most are slanted or completely horizontal.
Yeah...not my thing but you have to admit it is well executed. Doing the bumper must have been a bitch too!
That Ebay thing is a pet peeve of mine. Every third idiot says "the Cadillac of" whatever.:cursin:

OffThaHorseCEO
06-11-12, 08:23 PM
its got duals lol...

CadillacLuke24
06-12-12, 03:27 AM
Dual fart cans

:vomit:

97EldETC
06-12-12, 06:31 PM
Does having more tail pipes really add horse power? I was searching out our Saturn Outlook (08) XR on edmunds and it says that the XR has 5 more ponies (275) than the XE (270) how do more tail pipes equal more horsepower? My friends says that is the stupidest thing that they have heard in a while. I want to prove them wrong.

OffThaHorseCEO
06-12-12, 07:05 PM
Potentially but not necessarily.

Aron9000
06-13-12, 04:39 AM
A lot of companies convert Town Cars into fake Rolls Royce's. This is done with Hearses/Limos most often. Admittedley, I have only ever seen one Limo like this in person and it was driving through the tourist part of U.S. 192 in Kissimmee. It was so horrifically sad.

The Hearses look like this. That is not a RR, regardless of the commentary. It is a town car with a full body conversion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_BkyUXzrL0

Man that guy speaks the damn truth!!! Your ass is dead, you pimpin' off your damn life insurance money that should go to your family. LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

The-Dullahan
06-13-12, 04:59 AM
Yo Dawg, it all about dat status n street cred, unowhatahmsayin?

talismandave
06-13-12, 11:36 AM
Man that guy speaks the damn truth!!! Your ass is dead, you pimpin' off your damn life insurance money that should go to your family. LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!
That dude on that should have a show. That was funny!:bouncy: